EXECUTIVE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
VP Operations • Chief Operations Officer
Vice President, Regional Director and Administrator with +20 years experience in executive management of top tier healthcare operations focused on Hospice, Home Healthcare, Rehabilitation Services, Home Physician services, LTC facilities, and healthcare personnel resources. Seasoned in business management, HR functions, financial accountability including budgeting, P&L, ROI, cost and quality controls. Strong leader with a “can do” attitude and ability to surpass corporate objectives in fast-paced, high-growth, and diverse environments.
Business Development • Strategic/Tactical Planning • Client Relations • Peer Leadership • Revenue Goals
Tactical Partnerships • Needs Assessment • HR Functions • Forecasting • P&L Management • AR/AP
Budgeting Quality Control • Proposal Development • Analytics • Troubleshooting • Crises Management
Operations Enhancement • Branch Management • Resource Optimization • Mergers • Acquisitions
Process Improvement • Operations Roll Out • Marketing Studies • Systems Integration • Cost Reduction
Curo Health Services, Mooresville, North Carolina • 2008-2017
Hospice Services Provider with 200+ locations.
Vice President of Operations
Provide operational oversight of Southerncare Hospice, Regency Hospice, New Beacon Hospice and Avalon Hospice Brands. Responsible for 47% of the company or 104 locations in 12 States. Patient Census 4,200, Revenues 246 mil., EBITDA 26.0 mil. HR decesions, partnered with business development team on sales planning. Visitied key accounts.
• Intergration post acquisition of the following companies. 2016 New Century Hospice, 2014 Southerncare Hospice, 2012 Regency/Avalon and New Beacon Hospice.
• Reduced Per Patient Day costs in excess of 20% with restructured provider contracts.
• In 2016 spearheaded tack force to reduce Legacy overtime by $1.0 million annually.
• Over the past three years have opened 37 New Start locations. Worked with State Regulators to request additional provider numbers or open a branch off of single provider number.
ALLIANCECARE, Boynton Beach, Florida • 2007-2008
Specializing in home healthcare, rehabilitation services and home physician services. Annual revenue $100M.
Spearhead business development outside the state of Florida averaging $30M in revenues. Maintain complete financial oversight for territories including Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Metro DC and Atlanta. Build sales operations from scratch and championed results-centered strategic planning. Collaborate with General Managers to present results of progress on financial, sales and HR functions to Executive Board. Partner with sales teams to supervise sales calls. Visit key clients to sell diverse business lines for facilities and residents. Assimilate newly acquired operations into corporate structure. Direct financial re-engineering of +$20M acquisition of a private duty business. Perform high impact presentations to executives of multimillion dollar programs. Manage HR functions such as hiring nurse practitioners. Author and implement roll out plans for new facilities within well-researched markets.
• Slashed G&A costs 14% through financial restructuring.
• Closed $6M in annualized sales through presenting corporate partnership programs to key accounts.
• Led profitable acquisition of a Medicare Certified home care office in Chicago.
• Initiated a physician house call program to compliment business offerings to targeted clients.
JAMES COCKE • Page 2 • email@example.com
HARBORSIDE HEALTHCARE, Boston, Massachusetts • 1999-2007
Long Term Care company with annual revenues of $600M.
Administered 2 key divisions; ReadyNurse Staffing Services with 9 locations, 850 employees and revenue of $25M and VitalCare Services with 4 locations and revenue of $2.6M. Performed in-depth market research to present optimal ancillary business lines to President and Executive Board, leading to highly successful ventures into Hospice, Home Healthcare, Dialysis Centers and Alzheimer’s Units. Reported progress and goal attainment of operations to upper management. Led total life cycle of financial management initiatives including creating monthly statements, accurate forecasts, and effective budgeting. Directed diverse accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable/Payable, reconciliation and cash management. Integrated top-of-the-line financial management systems and new applications.
• Maintained a record 70% fill rate for all parent company staffing needs.
• Opened New division Vital Care Services. Nurse practitioner and Physician visits to skilled nursing facilities.
• Led division JCAHO evaluation, becoming one of the first 100 US companies to achieve certification.
• Rolled out medical staffing division to eventual 9 locations in 7 states.
• Achieved an excellent EBITA of +10% through proficient resource development.
Olsten Health Management, Tampa, Florida • 1995-1999
Division of Olsten HealthCare a top US provider of Home Healthcare Services. Annual revenue $900M.
Supervised 7 Medicare-certified Home Healthcare offices in Central and Western Florida with 1K employees and $25M annual revenue. Re-engineered operations, after corporate acquisition, to a hospital-based model. Streamlined administrative functions and reviewed management to achieve JCAHO accreditation for all locations < 90 days. Leveraged experience and clinical background to initiate improved disease management programs resulting in decreased consumer costs, improved client satisfaction and patient outcomes.
• Set record with consistent client satisfaction scores of 98%.
• Earned Chairman’s Club Award for leading one of the top 10 operations.
• Led cost cutting initiatives, lowering operational expenses 21%.
• Increased revenue 40% via expert roll out of disease specific programs targeted to physicians and referral sources and creating an intergrated discharge planning process at hospitals to maximize cross-referrals.
** ** **
Career Note: Additional excellent experience as Regional Administrator, Interim HealthCare • 1990-1995. Regional Manager, Primedica Home Health Equipment Centers • 1985-1990.Details provided upon request.
Degree ~ Respiratory Therapy
University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama
Associate of Science
Calhoun Junior College, Decatur, Alabama