Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
More than 20 years experience as a registered nurse including surgical intensive care unit, post anesthesia care unit. I have 10 years experience in advanced practice. Currently working with adults in internal medicine.
Amelia Internal Medicine, Fernandina Beach, Florida, 2008-present Nurse Practitioner
• Provide care to adults in Internal Medicine private practice. Management of patients including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, and obesity and hyperlipidemia. Provide acute care service.
St. Vincent Heart & Vascular Center, Jacksonville, Florida, 2007-2008 Staff Nurse
• Provide pre-procedure and post-procedure care to patients receiving cardiac catheterization and defibrillator placement.
Baptist Medical Center, Jacksonville, Florida, 2006-2007 Staff Nurse, Flex pool
• Provide bedside nursing care to patients in critical care unit, post anesthesia care unit and medical/surgical unit
University of Florida, Shands, Jacksonville, July 2006 through November 2006 Nurse Manager
• Nurse manager of surgical intensive care unit. Accountable for staffing and all patient care practices by registered nurses, nursing technicians and transporters. Ensured quality standards were maintained, performed annual employee evaluations, maintained budget, interviewed potential employees.
Indiana University Health, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2004-2006 Manager of Clinical Operations Post Anesthesia Care Unit/ Anesthesia Nurses
• Accountable for staffing and all patient care practices by registered nurses, nursing technicians and transporters PACU. Ensured quality standards were maintained, performed annual employee evaluations, maintained budget, interviewed potential employees and assisted with planning and remodel of PACU.
Indiana University Health, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2002-2004 Staff Nurse,
• Provided bedside care for patients in the post anesthesia care unit. Preceptor for other nurses. Acted as charge nurse.
Renal Care Group, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2001-2002 Charge Nurse,
• Charge nurse in outpatient chronic dialysis unit St. Vincent Home Care, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2/2001-8/2001 Case Manager,
• Responsible for in home care of oncology patients and patients receiving IV infusions Indiana University Health, Indianapolis, Indiana 1993-2000 Registered Nurse,
• Bedside nurse in 19 bed surgical intensive care unit. Performed charge nurse duties, precepted other nurses. Responsible for ventilated patients, patients receiving continuous veno-venous hemofiltration, intra-aortic balloon pumps, ventricular assist devices, and swan ganz catheters. Education
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
Master of Science in Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner, May 2008 University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Bachelor of Science in Nursing, May 1993
Indiana Business College, Vincennes, Indiana
Associate Degree in Executive Secretarial Administration, 1985 Licensure/Certifications
Georgia Registered Nurse License: RN 192843, expires January 31, 2020 Florida Registered Nurse License: ARNP 9242519, expires April 30, 2020 American Nurses Credentialing Center, expires September 29, 2023, Adult Nurse Practitioner Emory University, Atlanta Georgia, Certified wound and ostomy nurse, completion date May 2015. Expires 2020