BHAIREVI GANESH AIYER
Creative-thinking individual seeking a GIS position in a dynamic institution that will utilize and enhance my geospatial, sustainable planning and development, and communication skills. EDUCATION
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Master of Environmental Studies-Sustainability May 2018
● Modelling Geographic Objects, Modelling Geographic Spaces, Remote Sensing, Project Management VIT University, Vellore, India, Bachelors of Technology - Civil Engineering, Merit Scholarship Holder May 2015 EXPERIENCE
Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, Philadelphia, Transportation Analyst Intern May 2018
● Gather and prepare GIS and tabular data for the Bike Lane Stress and the RTPS projects.
● Assist in writing, optimizing, and running analysis scripts using Python and SQL.
● Create maps and graphics to help tell stories from datasets and analysis results.
● Write summaries of analysis for use at meetings and in reports, participate in meetings University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Graduate Student May 2018
● Predicted the location for a new farmers’ market in” Pseudo-Philly” based on the demographics and proximity to existing markets, using ArcMap and ArcScene
● Suggested the location of shooting of the first scene of the TV series Castle Rock based on the trailer, using ArcMap
● Performed raster spatial analysis in ArcMap to determine site suitability grid for an emergency shelter in Puerto Rico
● Estimated the crime levels in North Philly using its demographic data by correlating the crime levels and demographics
● Qualitatively assessed the litter management situation in US, studied the socio-economic costs of litter, the geospatial factors affecting litter and gauged the prospects for adoption of a start-up technology “Litterati” by US cities
● Remotely sensed and compared the health of an organic farmland in India with that of a neighboring inorganic farm using remote sensing, by testing the parameters NDVI and LST on Google Earth Engine using satellite images Department of Sanitation, New York City, Apartment Programs Summer Intern June-Aug 2017
● Trained and enrolled 80+ property managers for DSNY’s electronics and textile recycling programs
● Conducted outreach at farmers’ markets and thus educated 100+ people in all aspects of DSNY's recycling programs
● Performed administrative duties including placing orders, keeping records using MS Access and MS Excel
● Brainstormed on improving the program through more effective outreach EcoPro, Auroville, India, Junior Technical Officer November 2015-May 2016
● Monitored and coordinated the municipal solid waste management improvement project in a tier-2 town.
● Assisted in training and educating municipality staff, corporate officials & community members for the same.
● Monitored rural ecological sanitation projects and assisted in dissemination of EM technology VIT University, Vellore, India, Bachelors of Technology - Civil Engineering, Merit Scholarship Holder May 2015
● Performed Mass Balance calculation (using MS Excel) of a Wastewater Treatment Plant of 80-400 MLD capacity
● Surveyed the water harvesting systems at 50 residences in Vellore, India - Convinced residents to install systems Larsen & Toubro TPPC Division, Intern June 2013
● Learnt about on-site construction practices, work ethics, and was introduced to analysis of structures using STAAD.Pro SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
GIS Analysis involving vector and raster-based data
● ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 - ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene: Cartography, Spatial Analysis, Database manipulation, Data conversion, Creation of reports, Georeferencing, Geocoding, Digitizing, Raster analysis, Automation using ModelBuilder
● ArcGIS Online: Dashboard creation using configurable apps on ArcGIS Online Certifications
● OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hr certification (on-site safety procedures), GRI Standards Training (sustainability reporting) Other computer skills
● Google Earth Engine, Python, R, AutoCAD, C, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, MS Access, WordPress email@example.com; +1-215-***-****
4634 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA-19129
GROUP/COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Penn Sargam, University of Pennsylvania, Show Chair, Vocalist 2016-18
● Planned and coordinated the logistics for the music group’s annual shows for audiences of 100-200 in strength
● Inspected the available audio files and edited them to generate the best version possible Make A Difference, Vellore, India, Volunteer, High Flyer Awardee 2012-15
● Led the planning, setting up and operations of a library at a shelter home, taught grade 9 & 12 students Creativity Club, VIT University, Secretary 2013-14
● Monitored and supervised over 10 small to medium scale events aimed at renewing the creative spirits of students Art of Living foundation, Vellore chapter, Volunteer 2013-14
● Organized Youth Empowerment Seminars (YES!+) to empower youngsters with good health, life skills and yoga