Global marketing and brand building executive adept at crafting marketing and digital strategies, leading cross-functional teams, and driving transformative initiatives that improve brand health and accelerate market share. Experienced in shaping the path-to-purchase by creating innovative strategic partnerships and service propositions for greater end-consumer engagement, loyalty, win-back, and retention. LOOK FORWARD FOUNDER AND CEO February 2018–Present Look Forward is a marketing and communications consulting agency that helps clients and their teams connect the dots across the marketing landscape. At Look Forward, we guide you in how to build and execute a comprehensive, evidence-based strategy that will help your business increase visibility and ultimately lead to new opportunities. Clients include the Florida Department of Transportation, Creative Design Resolutions, and Summer Wildes.
HILTON WORLDWIDE SR. DIRECTOR, GLOBAL BRAND MARKETING January 2016–January 2018
• Member of Hilton’s brand leadership team: informing direction on brand programs, digital and print campaigns, and key focus areas.
• Led the marketing and digital strategy, creative vision, brand identity, new product innovation, global media planning
& buying, on/off-site photo shoots, videos, collateral, presentations, trade shows, strategic partnerships and events for the Luxury & Lifestyle (L&L) portfolio of brands.
• Developed strategic, high-impact innovative multi-year global partnerships (Amex, Dyson, Lamborghini, Net Jets, Aston Martin, Ferragamo) that drove net-new customer acquisition, engagement, and yield through innovative digital communication strategies.
• Re-envisioned the CRM luxury database with generational segmentation that led to merchandised brand.com offers with relevant messaging and imagery that resulted in 150% YOY growth in 2016 ($130M) and 180% YOY (234M) in 2017.
• Researched and implemented project management software
(LiquidPlanner) and a creative proofing system (ProofHQ) that maximized productivity and streamlined communication between internal/external stakeholders allowing for a more precise calculation of digital and marketing spend/ROI.
• Responsible for driving new design and identity initiatives for L&L new builds, conversion, and prototype hotel projects, including new brand launches.
• Editor and creative director for brand magazines (both print and digital) online content, and advertising sales.
• Managed multiple agency partners and hosted quarterly brand board meetings to review forward-looking strategies, in/outside market trends, competition, and innovation opportunities.
• Informed the strategy and goals for custom research studies through Hall & Partners and luxury-specific studies, including The Luxury Institute and YouGov.com.
QATAR AIRWAYS HEAD OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS AMERICAS July 2008–December 2015
• Led the Americas positioning in digital communication strategies for new destinations (12) and aircraft acquisitions: Boeing 767 Dreamliner, Airbus A380 and A350 XWB.
• Managed marketing and digital budgets with top-line revenue responsibilities in excess of $900 million.
• Led a team of regional marketing, digital, and customer loyalty champions responsible for multi-faceted initiatives that expanded the airline’s brand presence across the Americas.
• Developed brand experience strategies based on consumer passion points (travel, culinary, fashion), delivering onboard and in-market activations that maximized media coverage.
• Directed all advertising, collateral development, trade shows, media tours, thought leadership roundtables, and all facets of new route and product launch events: (delivery ceremonies, press conferences and galas).
• Drove qualified traffic with inbound/outbound tactics, affiliate and partnership marketing, optimized SEO, PPC, organic, social media, and experiential programs.
• Created a brand health tracker that optimized brand perception through market research, providing cross-functional insights to the airline and its subsidiaries.
10004 FOREST GROVE DRIVE, SILVER SPRING, MD 20902
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
november 2006–July 2008
• Recalibrated marketing fragmented print solutions to offer comprehensive, end-to-end software solutions.
• Created new brand identity, comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan, website redesign, and implemented a CRM system.
MANAGER BUSINESS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
october 2004–october 2005
• Positioned core product assortments and developed marketing and merchandising partnerships with major lifestyle brands: (Johnathan Adler, West Elm, Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs).
• Shifted mass merchandising products to China which streamlined efficiencies in manufacturing and merchandising processes and reduced cost of sale.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT July 2003–october 2004
• Led brand transformation programs and product innovation projects while in an international/overseas environment.
• Developed integrated marketing, brand and communications campaigns that drove successful new product introductions with Fortune 500 retailers.
VICE PRESIDENT OF MERCHANDISING UPHOLSTERY
January 2002–July 2003
• Overhauled the upholstery division by introducing new merchandising categories lifestyle and luxury that provided new marketing opportunities for the global sales team.
• Created new brand identity, introduced new product development strategies, and optimized merchandising and manufacturing operations in China.
MANAGER OF SALES AND MARKETING
sePtember 2000–February 2002
• Grew sales and brand awareness in North America through marketing, public relations and strategic alliances with major retailers: Art Van Furniture, Haverty’s, Levitz, The Room Store, and Costco.
2018 MUSE Award: Canopy by Hilton Brand Video
2018 Hermes Award: Canopy by Hilton Brand Video
2017 Marcom Award: Hilton/Conrad Development Book
2017 Marcom Award: Hilton/WA Lamborghini Invitation 2017 Communicator Award: The Taste of Waldorf 5th Hour Logo 2017 Communicator Award: Waldorf Astoria Lamborghini 2017 Communicator Award: Hilton/Conrad Development Book 2017 ADDY Award: The Taste of Waldorf 5th Hour Logo 2017 ADDY Award: Waldorf Astoria Lamborghini
2014 Hermes Award: Dinner in the Sky
Primo Center for Women and Children
• 2014–Present: Elected Board Member
• Raised more than $500,000 in donations
• 2008–2010: National Best Buddies Fundraiser and Volunteer
• 2017–Present: DC Chapter of Best Buddies
Sent 600 kids to prom at the Regan Center and raised more than 450K to reach goal of creating a Buddie program for those that matriculate out of high school
Bachelor of Science, Merchandising, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 1994