Michael K. Hanson, Jr.
Mobile: 813-***-**** • E-mail: email@example.com • Alternative E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Profile Information Technology Professional with a special interest in the Design, Development and Testing of Mobile and Database Applications. Holds ability to make sound decisions under pressure with solid deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills to ensure the best possible outcome for the team. Works equally well independently and in team settings.
Rochester Institute of Technology; Rochester, New York May 2017 Bachelor of Science Degree, Information Technology from the College of Computing and Information Science
• NTID Most Improved Student (2014)
• NTID Presidential and Merit Scholarship (2013-2017)
• Dean’s Honor Roll
Competencies Knowledge of: system requirements, design, specifications, construction and testing. Programming languages: Java, Java Script, C#, C++, SQL, MySQL, HTML, HTML5, IOS and Android Development Operating Systems and Databases: Unix/LINUX, SQL Server, IOS, Android Experience
Summer Internship – i-360 Arlington, VA 12Weeks – Summer 2018 Information Technology - Applications Developer
• Assigned to support the application development and QA software departments working on the i-360 portal
• Performed QA test scenarios using manual debugging techniques with an eye towards improving the user experience within the I-360 software suites in preparation for the fall 2018 primary elections
• Centralized data within i-360’s internal wiki page, in order to improve access to work protocols for the design and development teams
Summer Internship – 3M, Headquarters St. Paul, MN 10 Weeks – Summer 2016 Information Technology Data Stewart for 3M Occupational Medicine
• Assigned to support the electronic medical record (Medgate GX2) upgrade project
• Maintained test script and quality assurance testing and test scenarios, updated HPALMQR reports and assisted with usability and user interface as directed by team members
• Increased productivity by proposing 3M standardize script terminology in addition developed the procedures, documented the process and implemented the project
• Participated in test planning and update meetings as well as twice weekly Business/IT Core Team meetings Summer Internship – Marriott International, Inc., Headquarters Bethesda, MD 10 Weeks – Summer 2015 Information Technology Database Build Team Assistant
• Assigned to the Operational Reporting Long Term Test Project used SQL to ensure that the database queries from the previous database environment could work on the current environment
• Fixed SQL translation problems related to moving the queries and reduced query wait times from 2 to 5 minutes down to 2 to 3 seconds by assessing maximum table values, then adjusting the data types for each table column to improve data speeds
• Maintained the project task list that details what each team member’s assignment; including area, dates, times, and dependencies
• Participated in the Intern Team Competition Challenge: As the IT team member; developed a three-feature, prototype mobile app using MockingBot software that demonstrated gaming features for a customer rewards program
Lab Assistant, RIT Department of Information Sciences August 2013 – February 2015
• Provided student support and customer service, while maintaining a clean quiet work area.
• Performed basic computer troubleshooting
• Specific software and printer maintenance