Castro Valley, CA, *****
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 510-***-****
A focused and detail oriented individual seeking to obtain a position as a QA Engineer at a highly technical and growing company that will fully utilize my knowledge, qualifications, experience, and professional skills.
• 10+ years of combined experience in Software and Electronics.
• Working knowledge of SDLC (Waterfall, Agile) and well versed in SQA Methodology, tools, and techniques.
• Performing UI, Sanity, API, Functional, System, Integration, Smoke, Regression, Performance, Load, Volume, Stress and Ad hoc, Installation, Accessibility, Compatibility and Usability testing.
• Experienced in Windows, MacOS, Linux, Mobile (Android, iOS), Git, VMware, DBeaver, Informatica, Splunk, PuTTY, PostXML, Confluence, MS SharePoint, MS Office, etc.
• Knowledgeable in Python, JAVA, Perl, XML, HTML, CSS, SQL.
• Experienced in automation testing: QTP, SOAP UI, Selenium, JUnit.
• Proficient in writing test scenarios, test cases, test matrix, and other testing documentation.
• Experienced in various available bug-tracking systems (Quality Center, JIRA, Clear Quest, Ontime, etc.).
• Experienced in Hardware (service and repair computer equipment on a component level) and Networking (installation and configuration of Modems, Routers, Switches, Work Stations and Portable/Mobile Devices).
• Experienced working with electronic schematics and block diagrams, advanced measurement instruments such as Oscilloscope, DVM, etc.
• Extremely reliable, highly organized, fast learner with good analytical and problem solving skills. EXPERIENCE:
Verifone Inc, San Jose, CA, July 2013 – July2018
Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. Verifone operates in more than 150 countries.
- Responsible for test planning, test execution and defect investigation for mobile, portable and standard POS devices.
- Executing manual and automation tests for Linux based device platform and multi-tier device application, analyzing test results and creating test reports.
- Executing various tests, based on scenarios requested by the development team for new features and complex bugs before approving and merging code changes.
- Creating new and improving existing automation test scripts for device management application.
- Utilizing company created tools as well as Perl, Python and Java for automation testing.
- Reproducing and investigating software and hardware defects reported by customers.
- Utilizing DB tools to analyze test data and validate test results.
- Representing project team on client side to collect and analyze live data during pilot and beta testing.
- Building new Software packages, executing sanity test, generating reports and distributing new packages to other teams.
- Utilizing “JIRA” to track defects life cycle.
- Building and maintaining a QA lab with a wide range of devices, as well as providing support for other team’s remote and manual run automation tests.
- Supporting offshore test teams as needed, and collecting status reports on a weekly basis.
- Collaborating with other QA and Dev teams on related activities and providing support as needed.
- Assisting in any other required testing tasks and initiatives.
- Reporting defect metrics and test execution status to management and peers. Accenture, San Francisco, CA, July 2006 – March 2013 QA Engineer
As a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. As a Sr. QA Engineer I served different clients, such as Bank of America, AT&T, VMware, and Disney.
- Reviewed Project Planning, as well as Technical and Test Strategy Documentation.
- Created and executed test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Collaborated with clients for defect investigation and problems resolution during US business hours and supported offshore teams during non-business hours as needed.
- Scheduled and led meetings to provide appropriate test support for development teams in defects investigation and validation.
- Collected and investigated application logs to facilitate defect root cause analysis and possible resolution.
- Utilized Informatica and SQL query to create and analyze test data and test results.
- Executed test cases/test scripts and tracked test execution progress.
- Opened defects and ensured accurate defect tracking.
- Utilized HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, and Web Defect Manager to track ticket status during defect life cycle.
- Executed tests on Android and iOS devices.
- Executed regression tests for defect fix validation.
- Utilized Quick Test Pro (QTP), SOAP UI, and Unix Scripts to automate test execution and analyze test results.
- Provided defect metrics and test execution status through release level status calls, and status reports.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
● Central Asian Technical and Economic College –B.S. in Computer Engineering.
● California State University East Bay - “Java Programming Level-1”. REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST