Grapevine TX 76051
Western Illinois University Bachelors of Arts
English and Professional Writing 3.9 GPA
• High Honors • Centennial Scholar
• Dean’s List • Sigma Tau Delta Convention Finalist
• First Place International Blog Writing Competition. Software Proficiencies
InDesign, Photoshop, Premier, Storyline, Camtasia, Cornerstone, Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Wideo.
Passionate and talented technical writer committed to creating engaging and innovative content centered around new products and technology. Experienced in writing and editing copy for training, marketing, grants, proposals, and standard operating procedures. Comfortable working independently or leading a team of writers. Able to coordinate with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and other departments to deliver timely content that complies with company standards to exceed business objectives. Detail oriented, deadline driven, and adaptable to changing priorities and guidance. Career Objectives
Senior Technical Writer TMX Finance
January 2018 - Present
• Recognitions: Team Up Department Mentor and Advisor, Step Up Candidate of the Month.
• Managed intake of projects, documented learning objectives, and reported results to Senior Manager.
• Audited Learning Management System to identify training gaps and curate comprehensive learning plans.
• Developed and facilitated classrooms to educate field leadership on new products+ and technology.
• Implemented virtual training to reinforce classroom learning and exceed performance expectations.
• Curated a house style guide including a glossary of terms and a list of common industry abbreviations
• Cultivated team and curated writing specialties to meet learning objectives and company standards. Technical Writer TMX Finance
May 2017 - December 2017
• Recognitions: Corporate Rock Star of the Week, Nominated for Corporate High Potential Program.
• Collaborated with software engineers and product designers to develop training for company mobile app.
• Created and maintained a comprehensive instruction manual for a proprietary and dynamic POS system.
• Documented new features and assisted users operating in a training environment for new POS system.
• Managed launch support for users experiencing technical difficulties in new POS system.
• Created multi-media instructional materials for multiple online applications.
• Routinely surveyed employees to gather usability feedback on training resources and initiatives. Writing Consultant Western Illinois University
January 2015 - May 2017
• Provided professional writing services editing resumes, grant applications, and business proposals.
• Assisted entire classrooms with writing to genre standards as part of experimental Writing Fellows program
• Facilitated Power Point, screen recording, and in-person training on library database usage.
• Consulted graduate students on science and engineering theses over multiple semesters.
• Researched style guides and edited writing to comply with APA/MLA/Chicago styles.
• Coached needs analysis and writing skills to writers from various disciplines and across multiple genres.