Adriana Valera Pulido
Pierrefonds, QC, Canada 514-***-****
Senior Graphic Designer
Multilingual graphic designer with nearly 15 years of broad expertise collaborating with global, cross-functional internal and external clients. Out-of-the-box thinker driving innovative solutions in diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environments. Detail-oriented team leader and highly disciplined team player with proven success managing multiple simultaneous projects and tasks. Creative problem-solver with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Jack of Arts (Graphic Design Studio), Montréal, Canada, 2013 – Present
Senior Graphic Designer
• Creates concepts for packaging designs, books, logos and web banners based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts, working with various brands such as: Brands Unlimited (Laura Secord, NHL, Medaglio, Almond Roca, Le Gourmet, etc.), Dorfin (Hercules, Chef Elite, Tuff Guy, Eurospa, Viro, etc.) Durapro, Nougamax, Red Planet Group, Tremor, Vivo Brands, Arahova, and Devrex.
• Serves as manager and art director, supervising other designers’ artworks while researching graphic and website trends to ensure they are up to par with industry standards within competitive market.
• Makes dielines for packages as needed, and manages photograph retouching and artwork adaptations. Prepares files for pre-press and production; maintains computer files clearly titled; and organizes documents for billing.
Corporación Gipsy (Mass Consumption), Caracas, Venezuela, 2011 – 2013
Graphic Design Coordinator
• Oversaw and maintained brand principals and integrity in all developed material and brand applications, including BaBylissPro, Cuisinart, Conair, Scunci, Allegro, Trim, Gem Pdex, Oxo, Waterpik, Taylor, Omron, Helping Hand, Paris Present, Vandux, Yellow Dog, Nailene, Travel Smart, Homedics, working within parameters required by American companies adapting to Venezuelan market.
• Designed materials and showcases of company's stores and designed printed advertising materials, assisting with special projects within department. Handled monitoring, implementation and completion of works.
• Ensured diffusion of company’s corporate image through creation and updates of advertising image, supporting brand project managers in design and execution of printed materials such as catalogues, brochures and ads.
Developed, updated and refreshed trademark catalogs, logos, etc., locating and contacting suppliers.
Locatel (Health), Caracas, Venezuela, 2008 – 2011
Graphic Design Coordinator
• Provided creative direction on printed material, and gave input on digital platforms. Oversaw internal signs for new stores, developing designs while providing consultation and direction on projects.
• Managed image development and implementation in nationally printed communication media, as well as image support for all pharmacy stores. Managed exchange of personnel.
• Searched for best materials quality and prices for implementation, execution and completion of projects for new stores. Responsible for dummies and facades artworks of new stores.
• Developed corporate handbook as well as logo theme of main event, implementing it with point of purchase (POP) material. Partnered with branding team to develop and present creative artwork.
Independent Contractor, Caracas, Venezuela, 2007 – 2008
Freelance Graphic Designer
• Created graphic materials for diverse clients, including logos, banners, layouts for magazines, POP material, catalogues, brochures and ads.
Inversiones Shuz (Commerce), Caracas, Venezuela, 2007
• Provided consultation on printed promotion for stores as well as direction on projects, and was responsible for catalogue of products and digitalized presentation.
• Designed facades and internal image for stores, business cards, artwork for magazines, and merchandise such as wallets and belts.
• Created hang tags of products as well as price carriers, depending on promotions and cost of items to sell.
High Technology in Learning (Education), Bogota, Colombia, 2005 – 2007
• Designed institute’s new image, managing creation and new design book of guided activities in English, French, Italian, German, Chinese and Portuguese.
• Served as academic advisor, teaching students English (speaking, writing and living). Created internal signs, new brochures and flyers as well as artwork for student activities.
KEOPS (Construction), Caracas, Venezuela, 2003 – 2004
• Developed printed material, including billboards, flyers, banners, stationery, company’s in-house newspaper, and artwork for magazines.
Education & Training
Adobe Certified Expert CS3 (Certification), The Academy of Florida, USA
Web Pages Design (Postgraduate Course), Instituto de Diseño Digital, Venezuela
Graphic Design (University), Instituto de Diseño de Caracas, Venezuela
Computer Graphic Designer, Lasalle College/Interdec, Montréal, Canada
Advanced Technical/Graphical Skills: Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Acrobat CS6; Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6, QuarkXPress, Freehand MX, Microsoft Office, Mac, PC
Language Fluency: Spanish & French
Portfolio – Available Upon Request
NOTE: As a Canadian I meet the basic TN visa eligibility requirement allowing me to move and work in the US.