A result-focused manager with a proven record in successful improvement initiatives, policy and procedure development, efficient workflow coordination, process streamlining, strong interpersonal skills and time-management.
Policy & procedure modification Project planning & development Cost reduction strategies Documentation & reporting Vendor sourcing Meeting facilitation Event planning Budgeting Relationship building
West Valley Presbyterian Church – Cupertino, CA 12/2009 to 8/2018 Business Office Manager
● Successful implementation of new church database to link financial records with membership information. Included system selection, roll-out, training and updates.
● Established new workflow processes, reducing the number of admin staff and office volunteers by 20% over a 1-year period.
● Prepared annual budgets and reports for multiple departments, membership, and regional church oversight committees.
● Reduced custodial cost 14% by eliminating cleaning service and hiring part-time custodians, sourcing new supplies vendor and provided summer jobs for high-school and college aged members.
● Responsible for all personnel processes regarding new and existing staff – onboarding of new staff, annual reviews and advancements, and addressed productivity concerns.
● Managed facilities calendar, staff calendar, and personal calendar of Senior Pastor.
● Facilitated weekly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with staff and volunteers to ensure cohesive team interaction.
● Negotiated leases and service agreements with vendors and facilities rentals.
● Organized and hosted large community events - up to 1,000 participants.
● Produced all church publications.
● Worked with graphic designer and committees to produce and distribute signs, banners, weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, and weekly email blasts. Director of Youth Ministries 08/2015 to 12/2017
● Developed a weekly program for middle school students that included dinner, devotional time, and game time to promote community and spiritual growth.
● Directed the Crash Zone after-school program for middle school students.
● Reorganized a free outreach program to create an income-generating program in less than 9 months - Developed, presented, and received approval for a program development plan to increase student enrollment and fees over a 2-year period.
● Managed all facets of program operation to include budgets, billing, staffing, equipment and supply requisition, enrollment, and advertising.
● Managed all disciplinary issues to include student mediation and parent/student mediation.
● Created opportunities for church members to volunteer as tutors, mentors and project leaders.
● Organized quarterly youth events to include the students from the Crash Zone after-school program. Implemented "Safe Church” protocol to ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff and volunteers.
● Scheduled and organized camps and other activities for students throughout the year.
● Developed a summer program to ensure continued growth when attendance normally dropped, and saw a growth of 37% over spring attendance.
● Provided community service and volunteer opportunities for students and their families.
● Developed new curriculum. Recruited and trained volunteer advisors for both middle school and high school programs.
● Combined middle and high school programs to provide mentoring opportunities for older students.
● Collaborated with the church board and committees to facilitate successful integration of new youth families.
Fehr & Peers - San Jose, CA 01/2000 to 02/2009
● Oversaw daily office operations for a staff of 26 employees. Implemented efficient workflow processes, monitored daily productivity and implemented process modifications to improve overall effectiveness of office personnel and activities.
● Led an administrative staff of 6 to support principals and engineering staff of 20.
● Conducted annual personnel performance evaluations, recommended advancement and addressed productivity concerns.
● Communicated corporate objectives across all divisions through regular correspondence and scheduled follow-up.
● Managed accounts receivable of over $3,000,000 with an average outstanding of <45 days.
● Negotiated contracts for and facilitated office move from class C to class A space; to include tenant Improvement contractor, interior decorator, IT upgrade and installation, and move.
● Collaborated with corporate and other satellite offices to create policies and procedures for all administrative staff.
● Produced reports and compiled data for local and state agencies and private clients.
● Led a corporate team to create and implement a company-wide emergency preparedness plan. Martinez Enterprises – San Jose, CA 01/1998 to 12/2010 Office Manager
● Provided office support for a custom kitchen and bath contractor
● Managed all A/R, A/P and processed payroll
● Processed all contracts with customers and vendors, and maintained all lien documents
● Met with and assisted clients with selection of finishes, hardware and style
● Ordered all office and shop supplies.
Associate of Arts: Accounting and Office Administration Heald Business College – San Jose, CA 1988