PAUL S. NAGASAWA JR.
PROGRAM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS SUMMARY
• US Citizen.
• Active Secret Clearance.
• 20+ years formal training and project management experience with US Government multi-million dollar project strategic planning, forecasting, analysis, cradle to grave implementation, Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC), Test and Acceptance Reports (TAR), turn-key cutover, contract & subcontract management, drafting Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW), reporting, client relationships, operations, and maintenance.
o Telecommunications Voice Equipment/Systems/Networks (Avaya, Nortel, Lucent, and AT&T) o Information Technology (IT) Data Equipment/Systems/Networks. o Command Control Communications Computers Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR). o Outside and Inside Cable Plant (OSP & ISP Fiber and Copper BISCI Certified, EIA/TIA Trained, I3A, I3MP, BLII, and C2 Standards). o Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Equipment/Systems/ P25 Radio Trunking Networks. o Equipment Life Cycle and Logistics Management.
o Contract and Sub-Contractor Management in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• 20 + years supervisory experience at remote overseas locations where there is "no buck to pass" and we needed to make things work.
• 20 + years management of remote field offices in Philippines, Hawaii, Italy, Bahrain, Korea, Afghanistan, and Nevada with my immediate supervisor being geographically separated.
• Single point of contact for management of multi-million dollar contracts with a multi-national workforce at remote overseas locations.
• Formal Education:
o Hawaii Pacific University (123) units completed online for Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (estimated completion date 12/ 2018). o (4) Associate Degree Solano Community College Fairfield, CA (Business Administration, Business Management, Industrial Management & Supervision, and Electronic Engineering).
o Technical Degree US Naval Electronic Apprenticeship (4 year program - 5,190 hours technical training). PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Program Manager IV MOD NOC NCI, Inc. Dates Employed May 2018 – Present Location Afghanistan
Serve as the NCI Inc. Program Manager IV/ Contract Site Lead in Kabul, Afghanistan to manage personnel providing Network Operations Center (NOC) transition Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support to the Ministry of Defense (MoD) and Afghan National Army (ANA) Strategic Voice and Data Network throughout Afghanistan. Required services include Help Desk Support, Cybersecurity Operations, Equipment Maintenance, Continuity of Operations Planning, Network Maintenance, Configuration Maintenance, Systems Administration and Training. Highlights of Responsibilities
• Coordinate the preparation, review and consolidation of client information systems, budgets, acquisitions and business plans.
• Ensure adherence to budgets and business plans through periodic review of financial reports and capital appropriation requests.
• Provide assistance for proposing, implementing and enforcing policies, standards and methodologies.
• Supervise all contracted personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment in large scale or multi-shift operations.
• Supervise complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
• Provide development of Quality Assurance Plan as part of the project management plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
• Provide applications systems analysis and programming activities for MoD sites, facility or multiple locations.
• Manage/coordinate day-to-day planning, design, operations, maintenance, and resource allocation including client server support and strategic and tactical planning.
• Chair senior staff meetings.
Project Manager 5G Network & Operations Verizon (Jul 2017 – May 2018) Reno, Nevada
• Serve as the Verizon senior project manager for the Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County Market to manage all engineering, maintenance, and enhancements to the 5G Program Outside Plant (OSP) Telephony Network, including structures, cables, and associated equipment. o Responsible for the OSP design, additions, upgrades, repairs, and enhancements. o Lead Verizon large scale complex multi-million dollar projects. o Manage vendor relationships and performance.
o Selecting and pricing solutions based on the most effective, efficient, and timely design. o Coordinates with internal Verizon Departments and liaisons with residential and business end-users, building contractors, property owners, and city management to implement solutions appropriately. Project Manager Global Technology (Aug 2016 – Apr 2017) Kabul, Afghanistan
• Key project manager for the Kabul Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Radio Trunking Communications Network Operations and Maintenance Project. o Sustain the $30M Kabul UHF Trunking System to include the Network Operations Center (NOC), EF Johnson Node Site Equipment, and the digital microwave network system.
o Provide training to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Information and Communications Technology (ITC) personnel.
• Program Manager for Ministry of Defense (MOD) Network Operations Center (NOC) Operations and Maintenance Contract.
• Program Manager for Ministry of Interior (MOI) Kabul Surveillance System (KSS) Operations and Maintenance Contract.
• Draft the project Phase-In Plan, Project Management Plan (PMP), Personnel Management Plan (PMP), Configuration Management Plan (CMP), Quality Control Plan (QCP), Weekly Activity Report (WAR), and Monthly Summary Report (MSR).
• Reports directly to the GTech President, Vice President, and the Combined Security Transition Command – Afghanistan (CSTC-A), Resolute Support (RS) Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
Project Manager II Renown Healthcare (May 2015 – Aug 2016) Reno, NV
• Key project manager for the following high visibility critical data/communications project: o $4M Temporary Data Center Project (completed on time). o $8M Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Project (aka: Telephone Upgrade Project). o $50M Data Center Development Project.
• Drafted project IT Detailed Analysis, Statement of Work (SOW), Request for Proposal (RFP), evaluation criteria, source selection criteria, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Phase-In Plan, Project Management Plan (PMP), Resource Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan (CMP), Quality Control Plan (QCP), Service Level Agreement (SLA), Weekly Activity Reports, and other documents as required.
• Directly supported the IT Department Vice President and Director of the Program Management Office. Operations Manager/ Deputy Program Director DRS Technologies (Dec 2007 – May 2015) Kabul, Afghanistan
• Key manager provided daily operations and project management of the CECOM $400M Afghanistan National Police (ANP) Command Control Communications Computers Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Fielding and Training Contract in Afghanistan.
• Drafts the daily Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) Reports and submitted to the CECOM Country Leader, COR, and Contracting Officer.
• Provided daily operations and project management of the following contracts: o $58M R23G-317 C4ISR ANP Fielding and Training Contact. o $57M C4ISR ANP/ABP Fielding and Training Bridge Contract. o $22M C4ISR ANP/ABP Fielding and Training UCA Contract. o $12M Afghan Counter Narcotics LMR Radio Project. o $50M High Frequency (HF) and Very High Frequency (VHF) Radio Project. o $26M Ultra High Frequency (UHF) P25 Radio Trunking Project. o $14M UHF Radio Towers Project.
o $54M VHF and Solar Power Upgrade Project.
o $26.5M HF and VHF Radio Project.
o $1.8M UHF Radio Encryption Downgrade Project.
o $16M Field Service, Logistics, and Precinct Solar Power Project.
• Works directly with US/ISAF Military, DOD Civilian senior leaders, and COR on a daily basis regarding the project planning, operations, and management.
• Provides high level project status briefings and reports to senior level managers.
• Coordinates with the customer regarding project risk management requirements.
• Obtains customer requirements, provides technical solutions, and manage expectations.
• Drafts project Statement of Works (SOWs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR).
• Utilizes Microsoft Products on a daily basis to manage personnel, subcontractors, customer, and contract operations/project management requirements.
• Provides senior level management of Local National (LN) Subcontractors.
• Provides Quality Control oversight and implementation of the Subcontractor’s Quality Assurance Program.
• Directly supervises (50) Telecommunications Specialists, Information Technology Specialists, Logistics Specialists, Administration Specialist, Plans Officers, Training Specialists, and Telecommunications Engineers. Senior Project Manager DasNet Corporation (Jun 2006 - Dec 2007) Kabul, Afghanistan
• Key personnel performed daily project management of the NTM-A CSTC-A CJ6 $50M Afghanistan National Army (ANA) Strategic Voice and Data Network Project at (18) Bases.
• Provided daily project management of the following Telecommunications, Information Technology, and I3MP Outside and Inside Copper and Fiber Optic Cable Plant Projects:
o $50M ANA Strategic Voice and Data Project (Includes Microwave, Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Private Branch Exchange (PBX), Network Operations Center (NOC), Data Centers, I3MP Outside Plant (OSP) Copper and Fiber Optics, and Inside Plant (ISP) at (18) ANA Bases.
o $2.5M National Military Command Center (NMCC) Project and $500K NMCC Knowledge Wall Project. o $750K Telephone Switch Expansion Project.
o $3.1M Command, Control, Communications, and Computer (C4) Engineering Support Project. o $1.1M ISP Repair Project at (18) Bases and $161K Qalat ISP Repair Project. o $32K Call Accounting System Project.
• Worked directly with US Military senior leaders and the COR on a daily basis regarding the project planning, operations, and management.
• Provided high level project status briefings and reports to senior level managers.
• Coordinated with the customer regarding project risk management requirements.
• Obtained the customer requirements and provided technical solutions.
• Coordinated base digging permits, Government furnished facilities, power, and environmental controls.
• Drafted project Statement of Works (SOWs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR).
• Supervised (25) Telecommunications Specialists, Information Technology Specialists, Telecommunications Engineers, and subordinate Project Managers
• Utilized Microsoft Products on a daily basis to manage personnel, subcontractors, customer, and contract operations/project requirements.
• Managed Telecommunications, Information Technology & Construction Local National (LN) Subcontractors on a daily basis.
• Provided Quality Control oversight and implementation of the Subcontractor’s Quality Assurance Program.
• Drafted and provided Outside Plant and Inside Plant quality assurance inspection checklists for the base onsite US Military or DOD Civilian construction personnel.
GS14 Program Director Far East Area General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Technology Services (FTS) (Mar 2003 - Jun 2006) Yongsan Garrison Seoul, Korea
• Managed the US Air Force $50M C2 PACOM Contract for Korea, Japan, and Alaska which is equivalent to the US Army I3MP Outside Plant Fiber Optic Project except they used leased Cisco Gig-E Switches.
• Managed $160M Telecommunications and Information Technology Services Contracts and $20M Commodities Contracts throughout Alaska, Guam, Diego Garcia, Singapore, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
• Managed $90M Telecommunications and Information Technology Service and Commodities Contracts in support of the Navy Network Operation Centers and Base Communications Offices located in Guam, Japan, Diego Garcia, and Singapore.
• Provided high level project briefings to senior managers from PEO-EIS PM-DCASS, PM-DCATS, HQ 1st SIG BDE Korea, Eight USA Korea, USFK J2 and J6 Offices, Korean Regional Contracting Office-Korea, NCTS-Yokosuka Japan, Public Work Office Yokosuka Japan, SPAWAR Yokosuka Japan, USAF- PACOM Hawaii, and numerous other US Military customers
• Drafted and managed the contract Statement of Works (SOWs), Source Selections, and Deliverables in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
• Supervised (15) Contracting Officers and Technical Project Management Associates.
• Managed and provided quality control over the Local National (LN) Subcontractor Commodities Procurement Staff on a daily basis. GS13 Project Manager PEO EIS PM-DCASS (Nov 2001 - Mar 2003) Yongsan Garrison Seoul, Korea
• Key personnel served as the OCONUS Senior Project Manager, Integrated Project Team (IPT) Leader, and Contract Officer Representative (COR) for the
$225M Installation Information Infrastructure Modernization Program (13MP) contract for the Pacific Command (PACOM).
• Managed the campus Fiber Optic backbone and Gigabit Ethernet switching system installation for all Local Area Networks (LAN) to include Wide Area Network long-haul interface located at (80) US Military Bases located throughout in Korea, Japan, and Okinawa to remove stove-pipe communications.
• Provided senior leadership for the US Army Outside Cable Rehabilitation (OSCAR) and Common User Installation Transport Network (CUITN) Programs to include Fiber Distribution Data Interface (FDDI) technologies.
• Provided acquisition management of Communications and Information Technology (CIT) systems and devices in accordance with DFAR requirements
• Provided Telecommunications and Information Technology project management, engineering, installation, quality control inspections, testing, DD Form 250 acceptance, and life cycle management support.
• Coordinated all work with the multi-function base operations (digging/building permits, traffic control, AFN and Stars & Stripes public notifications, etc.).
• Member of the CECOM contract source selection committee and performed in accordance with FAR/DFAR requirements.
• Managed major CECOM Prime Contractors and indirectly managed the Local National (LN) Subcontractors. GS13 Deputy Director Plans and Operations HQ 1st Signal Brigade S3 (Apr 1999 - Nov 2001) Yongsan Garrison Seoul, Korea
• Served as the HQ 1st Signal Brigade Deputy S3 and Senior Technical Advisor to provide senior level management of Telecommunications and Information Technologies Plans and Operations for all US Military Bases throughout South Korea.
• Managed the daily operations and planning for the C4IS/ MIS/ Operations/ Maintenance/ Training/ TNOSC/ ACOM voice, data, and video services, facilities, plans, policies, for all US Army locations in South Korea to include the long haul ATM and commercial Korean Telephone Networks.
• Liaison between the DOD Customer and HQ 1st Signal Brigade Senior Management regarding planning, operations, engineering, and contracting for I3MP
(OSP & ISP), DSN, DISN, NIPRNET, SIPRNET, KWAN, SWAN-K, GCCS, DMS, DMU, KTN, TNOSC, ACOM, LAN, WAN, MAN, ATM, GIG-E, and FOSCIK technical requirements to include management of the Long Haul and Base Communications Networks.
• Provided senior level management of Telecommunications Facilities and Services for the Network Operations Center, long-haul backbone system, Defense Messaging Center, maintenance facility, and Base Communications Offices serving all bases located throughout South Korea.
• Managed over $300M Telecommunications and Information Technology Contracts and in-house projects to include the $15M Operations and Management
• Provided senior level supervision of (124) Telecommunications and Information Technology personnel to include the Local National employees. GS13 Far East Regional Base Communications Director (Jul 1997 - Apr 1999) Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station Far East Base Communications Office (N2) Yokosuka Naval Base, Japan
• Served as the Far East Regional Director daily Base Communications Operations and Maintenance.
• Managed the Base Level Information Infrastructure (BLII) Project for all US Naval and Marine Bases in the Far East. BLII is the US Navy equivalent for the US Army’s I3MP.
• Provided high level project briefings to senior US Military customers and leaders.
• Senior level supervision of (125) Telecommunications and Information Technology Specialists providing DSN, DII, DISN, BLII, DMS, NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, IT-21, NOC, LAN, WAN, ATM operations and maintenance technical requirements to include management of the Long Haul and Base Communications Network.
• Provided senior level supervision of the day-to-day management, administration, operations and maintenance of base telecommunications facilities (PBXs, Voice Mail, OSP, ISP, DISN Long Haul connections, Shipboard connections, DID & DOD circuits, etc.), services and contracts at Yokosuka, Atsugi, Kami Seya, Sasebo, Ikego Housing, Negishi, Totsuka, Hario Housing, Hario Ordinance, Akasaki Depot, Maebeta Ordinance, North Pier, Koshiba, Tsurumi and Hakozaki, Japan (to include Chinhae Korea, White Beach, and Naval Hospital Okinawa).
• Managed the $10M annual local exchange carrier budget and $6M annual operations and maintenance budget (contracts). GS13 Southwest Asia Base Communications Officer (N2) Naval Computer and Telecommunications (May 1995 - Apr 1997) Station Manama, Bahrain
• Provided daily Base Communications Operations and Maintenance.
• Managed the Base Level Information Infrastructure (BLII) Project for all US Naval and Marine Bases in the Far East. BLII is the US Navy equivalent for the US Army’s I3MP.
• Provided high level project briefings to senior US Military customers and leaders in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
• Provided day-to-day management, administration, operations and maintenance of the base telecommunications facilities, services and contracts at US Naval Station Manama, Bahrain.
• Provided emergency telecommunications circuit action management requirements during the Riyadh AB, Dhahran AB, and USS Cole incidents.
• Planned, engineered, and implemented the Bahrain NIPRNET/ SIPRNET Network Operations Center (NOC) to include Fiber Optic Cable interface to SATCOM STEP and awarded the US Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Medal.
• Supervised (25) Telecommunications and Information Technology personnel providing DSN, DII, DISN, BLII, DMS, NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, IT-21, NOC, LAN, WAN, ATM operations and maintenance technical requirements to include management of the Long Haul and Base Communications Network. FORMAL EDUCATION
• Hawaii Pacific University (123) units completed for Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (estimated completion date 12/ 2018).
• AS Business Administration Solano Community College Fairfield, CA.
• AS Business Management Solano Community College Fairfield, CA.
• AS Industrial Management & Supervision Solano Community College Fairfield, CA.
• AS Electronics Engineering Solano Community College Fairfield, CA. TECHNICAL CERTIFICATES
• Electronic Apprenticeship Mare Island Naval Shipyard (4 year program) 5,190 hours o Department of Navy: Certified Electronic Technician o Department of Labor: Certified Electronic Technician o State of California: Certified Electronic Technician
• Global Knowledge: Certified Project Manager
• Project Management
o US Navy Logistics Life Cycle Management
o Project Management Essentials
o Project Management Leadership Skills
• Contract Management and Procurement
o DOD Contract Administration
o Writing DOD Performance Based Statement of Work
o FAR Contract Source Selection
o GSA Federal Supplies Schedules
o US Army Contracting Officers Representative (COR) o Federal Contract Termination
o GSA Contract Source Selection
o Government Contract Administration
o DOD Evaluating a Contractor's Performance
o Defense Contract Management
o Writing Statements of Work (SOW)
o Information Systems Cost Estimate
• Supervision and Management:
o Organizational Leadership Executive
o Management Development
o Leadership Development
o Supervision of Navy Civilian Personnel
o Supervisory Development
• Outside and Inside Cable Plant (copper and fiber optics) o Infrastructure Planning EIAITIA 568/569 Standards o BICSI Site Survey and Media Selection
o BICSI Underground/ Direct Buried Cable Plant Design o BICSI Aerial Cable Plant Design
o BICSI Customer Owned Outside Plant Design Review o BICSI Designing Telecommunications Distribution Systems o BICSI Distribution System Design Review
o Sytek Technical Education: Introduction to Broadband, Broadband Cable System Hardware Maintenance, Network Control Center Utilities, System-2000 Operations and Architecture, and Introduction to LocalNet Concepts
• Telecommunications Systems and Networks
o Telecommunications Infrastructure Planning
o Bell Core Common Channel Signaling/Signaling System 7 o Channel Signal Unit
o T-1 Hands On
o Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
o Network Disaster Recovery
o AT&T Telephone Switch Administration and Reports o AT&T Telephone System 75/85 Admin/Mgmt.
o Nortel SL-1 and DMS-100 Mgmt. Overview
o Digital Communications, Switching and Fiber
o Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)/ T1
• Data Systems and Networks
o Data I and II
o ATM Internetworking and ATM Essentials: FORE ASX-200/1000 o LAN/ WAN Solutions
o DMS X.400 and X.500
o Network Solutions
o Network Protocols; TCP/IP
o DISA Defense Data Network
o Secured Communications
o AT&T Information System Network
o LAN/ WAN Broadband Design and Maintenance
o US Army ADP/Communications