GABRIELLE M. BRAND, J.D.
Fulton County Public Defender’s Office, Atlanta, Ga. Student Practitioner May 2017 – July 2017
• Represented clients in misdemeanor cases as a Student Practitioner.
• Conducted legal research and in-take interviews of prospective clients. Fulton County Juvenile Court, Atlanta, Ga. September 2016 – November 2016 Legal Extern
• Assisted Judge in legal research of recent changes within Georgia’s Juvenile Law.
• Assisted with program planning and research on the CHINS project as well as the DIY program. Bartow County Court Appointed Special Advocate, Cartersville, Ga. May 2016 – July 2017 CASA Volunteer
• Gathered information about the foster child's background and what was in the child’s best interest.
• Attended court proceedings and made a recommendation to the judge about the child's future. The Law Ladies, Atlanta, Ga. May 2016 – July 2016
Legal Litigation Assistant
• Drafted legal documents including sentencing memorandums, requests for documents, and responses.
• Assisted with trial preceding including client interviews, voir dire, transcribing, and legal research. King Wade Attorney at Law, PLLC, Atlanta, Ga. February 2016 – April 2016 Legal Research Intern
• Drafted legal documents, including requests for documents and responses. Muscogee County Juvenile Drug Court, Columbus, Ga. January 2013 – May 2015 Mentor/Volunteer
• Helped youth to abstain from the use of drugs and alcohol which lead them to graduating the juvenile drug court program.
ATLANTA’S JOHN MARSHALL LAW May 2018
Honors: Dean John E. Ryan Scholarship (Recipient, 2015 – 2016), Pro Bono Distinction (Recipient, 2018)
Activities: Thurgood Marshall Trial Team (Student Coach, 2017 – 2018); Student Bar Association (Secretary, 2016 – 2017, 1L Representative, Fall 2015), Student Mentor (2016 – 2017), Student Newsletter Editor and Chief (2016-2017) COLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY - B.S. Criminal Justice/Sociology May 2015 Honors: National Society for Collegiate Scholars (2012 – 2015) Activities: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated (Member 2013 – Current; Eta Iota Chapter Financial Secretary, 2014-2015), Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International (Director of Philanthropy and Social Development, 2012 – 2015), Student Government Association (Associate Justice, 2013 – 2014; Chief Justice, 2014 – 2015)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Awaiting Georgia Bar Admission – July 2018 Exam
• Lexis Nexis Research Certification