Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Diversified senior engineering professional with wide range of responsibilities across multiple disciplines such as large data management and processing, seismic data analysis, data modeling for environmental engineering projects and disaster prevention, software usability testing, new product development and project management duties. Passionate about Water-Energy-Climate Change Nexus. Internationally published author on the subject of climate change effects on CA power generation and energy storage. Over 14 years of progressively growing responsibilities and experience in managing and executing large data processing projects in oil and natural gas industry, environmental engineering and renewable energy markets. Upon graduation from UCI in 2015 with M.S. in Environmental Engineering without a break in employment, proactively created and took over additional job responsibilities, which included leading innovation projects for grid-security such as linear assets and remote energy storage monitoring, large data visualization and processing in the renewables markets for ongoing and future business development of the employer, provided sales and marketing support bringing business to the company and supporting revenue growth. Proactive innovation actions resulted in three new tool applications and in-house software becoming a marketable product to third parties.
OptaSense Inc., a QuinetiQ Group PLC Company (LON:QQ) (Acquired SR2020 Inc. in 2014) - Brea, CA - 2014 – Present
● 4 years of progressive experience working for a publicly traded company
● Innovative new product development for renewables markets, grid security and distributed linear asset monitoring
● Shortened industry-standard execution time of project activities by more than 50% for a large and complex large data processing jobs
● Ensured on-point delivery and discovery of third-party big name competitor error in the data acquisition, which helped to avoid costly mistakes for the client and the company. This secured recurring follow-on orders from the same customer
● Won “best of international subcontractors” recognition for the large project from Oman, which was delivered ahead of schedule and under budget
● Handled nearly 80% of paid projects for the company at one time, being responsible for 6-months revenue and providing expert advice and sales and marketing support to the management team
Solar Decathlon, a UCI Project - Irvine, CA – 2014-2015
● Was awarded 2 nd place in engineering as part of the management and engineering team for Solar Decathlon Competition https://www.solardecathlon.gov/2015/competition-scores.html, especially high scores were earned for innovative energy modeling and management design. The project was to design a self-sustainable house build with sustainable materials, have zero CO2 footprint and satisfy a very low energy budget
● Key role in scheduling, resource allocation, reporting, presentation of progress and results to management and stakeholders, critical path management, change and mitigation management
● Was a key management team member for presentations and sales pitches to financial project sponsors, secured additional funding for the project
● Published paper E. Hardin et al, 2016. California drought increases CO 2 footprint of energy, Sustainable Cities and Society, Volume 28, in print January 2017, available online September 12, 2016.
SR2020 Inc. (Paulsson Geophysical Services prior to 2008) - Brea, CA - 2008 – 2014
● Lead multi-component high-resolution land and marine data processing project for hydraulic fracturing, CO2 sequestration and environmental monitoring for large oil companies – every single project completed under budget and in shorter time
● Performed pre-survey modeling for complex projects for environmental and disaster prevention purposes in international markets
● Worked multiple in-field assignments and projects in the oilfield environment, 24-hour operations in remote locations for data acquisition, quality control and quality assurance, in-field real time data processing, in Texas, Colorado and Canada with all relevant EHS certifications
● Worked with wide variety of multinational clients and understand their unique needs and business processes (Middle East, Japan, China, Russia, Canada) Geophysicist
Paulsson Geophysical Services (changed name to SR2020 Inc. in 2008) - Brea, CA - 2006 – 2008
● Developed seismic signal processing sequences for data from groundbreaking for the industry 80-level geophone array in variety of geological settings – Southern California, Texas, Colorado, Canada, China, UAE – first to do so in the industry
● Lead unique project of combined surface and borehole seismic imaging in subsalt and highly structural areas off California Coast, which was an innovative use of the new tool in areas, where no other method would work.
● Handled as much as 50% of revenue projects and created incremental sales for the company for future similar projects
PetroAlliance Services Ltd, a Schlumberger Group Company - Moscow, RU - 2004 – 2006
● Quickly progressed from an intern to a leading specialist, handling multiple projects at a time for dozens of wells in West Siberia, Pechora region of Russia, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan
● Lead personnel coaching and education on impedance inversions and amplitude analysis on VSP data
● Developed a software app for tube-wave filtering technique, which allowed for significant advantage over competitors.
M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of California, Irvine
M.S. in Geophysics (Suma Cum Laude)
Moscow State University – Moscow, RU
B.S. in Geophysics (Suma Cum Laude)
Moscow State University – Moscow, RU
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Project Kickstarting and Planning for Wind Power and Oil Industries - Renewable Energy Projects - Environmental Engineering and Disaster Prevention - New Product Development - Sales Support and Generation of Sales Leads - Seismic Data Analysis Projects - In-Field Data Acquisition and Quality Control - Large Data Analysis and Management - Scripting - Time Lapse Projects Managing
- Innovation - Efficiency Improvement - Inter Teams Collaboration - Project Integration - Project Management - Client Communications and Project Results Delivery - Communications with Stakeholders and Management
1) California drought increases CO2 footprint of energy. Sep 12, 2016. Sustainable Cities and Society
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210670716303456 2) Field testing of three-component fiber-optic borehole seismic sensor array. 2014 SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts. https://library.seg.org/doi/abs/10.1190/segam2014-1366.1 Personal Achievements:
3 times IRONMAN, 11 Marathons including 4 World Majors, 4 times Boston Marathon. I know what discipline, commitment, hard work and strategy are.