DONALD A. RODGERS
Bloomfield, NE 68718
Northeast Community College - Norfolk, NE 2005 – 2007
Associate of Applied Science – Electromechanical Technology
RECENT & RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Muller Industries, Inc. - Yankton, SD 2011 - 2016
Shop & Production Manager
• Organized, designed, and implemented youth Sports & Conditioning program.
• Inventory and management of all merchandise and products.
• Accommodated gym members and potential new members.
• Maintained a well-kept facility and repaired equipment as needed.
Vestas America June 2010-August 2012
Shift Leader (Kitchen)
• Provided friendly customer service and exhibited leadership skills that led to being promoted to a night shift supervisor.
• Managed and supervised teams of 2 to 3 employees to complete all nightly duties and major catering events with quality and efficiency
Experience: VESTAS AMERICA WIND TECHOLOGY
PORTLAND, WA. 2008-2011
DURING THIS TIME I TOOK ON PROGRAMING AND UPLOADING NEW SOFTWARE AND PARAMETERS AND LEARNING THE LADDER LOGIC OF THE SYSTEM WHICH I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR. DURING THE SAME TIMEI WAS DOING COMPOINET INSPECTION DOWN LOADING SIGN WAVE DATA OFF THE 1000 VOLT BREAKER. THIS INCLUDED PROGRAMING WITH THE PRAMATERS TO THE 400 AND 1000 VOLT BREAKERS WHICH WAS LINKED TO THE CONVERTER SECTION OF POWER.
DURING A PHASE OF HAVING NO LEAD TECH I SHARED THE ROLE AS LEAD TECH AND ASSIGNING RESPOSIBILTIES TO TECHS FOR DOWN TURBINES. CREATING SERVICE ORDER AND APPROVING TIME ON THE ORDERS. ALONG WITH SCHEDULE OF 3 MONTH AND ANNUALE SEVICE THAT WAS ON TARGET.
WORK THAT I PROFORMED SINCE DAY ONE HAS BEEN BEING IN CHARGE OF MAIN CRAIN FOR MERIDIAN WAY IN KANSAS FOR 3 MONTHS DESPITE THE ADVERSITY THEAT INCLUDED 65 WIND EVENTS AND A 23 DAY STAND DOWN, WE WERE ABLE TO DELIVER AND OPERATING WIND FARM TWO DAYS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE WITH NO SERIOUS INJURIES. AS A RESULT, THE STATE OF KANSAS NOW HAS ANOTHER 60,000 HOMES WORTH OF ENERGY THAT IS BOTH CLEAN AND LOCAL.
I HAVE TAKEN ON INSPECTION REPORTS,SCADA REPORTS THAT DEAL WITH AVAILIBILITY AND SHADOW DATA,TRENDS AND POWER CURVES. I WORKED CLOSELY WITH OUR CUSTOMER AND HIS GOALS AND SAFETY CONCERNS.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPETION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
HANSEN TRANSMISION BORSCOPING OF COMPLETE GEAR BOXES:
I preformed bore scoping of the complete gear box 1 stage 2 stages and lower third stage for roller bearing failure and race --using GE. Bore scope hand held wand using 90 degree angle tip.
SWITCHGEAR OPERATION AND TRANSFORMER GROUNDING WITH COMPLEATE LOCK OUT TAG OUT:
Including: Grounding the main transformer
Operating S & C Switchgear
Relevant Vestas Work Instructions
NFPA 70E Electrical Safety
Main Circuit Description
Establishing an Electrical Safe Work Condition
3-phase Electrical Circuits and transformers
Practical Demonstration of Safety Skills
100% passing of exam and hands on:
Principles of Electric Arc Flash/Arc Blast:
Vestas Certified Service Technician:
Advanced safety course for Technicians:
100% passing and hands on:
NFPA 70E-2004 Electrical Safety 16 hour course passing 100%: Vestas V90 fundamentals and safety troubleshooting: Vestas Theory and Advanced troubleshooting and Programming
THIS IS THE PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES THAT I PERFORM HERE AT KOLBERG PIONEER
I HAVE BEEN WITH KOLBERGS FOR 2 YEARS –MARCH 2006 TO 2008
Provide Field service assistance on installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and operator training of Kolberg-Pioneer, Inc. (KPI) and Johnson Crushers International (JCI) equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyze and correct technical field application, operational and mechanical problems in person, phone or other correspondence with dealers and/or customers.
2. Prepare detailed reports on service trips and/or phone calls.
3. Provide information on problems incurred and recommendations for changes to prevent reoccurring problems. (Product Improvement Report and/or Corrective Action Request)
4. Provide technical assistance in the development of operator, maintenance and service manuals.
5. Provide assistance in developing and presenting training programs for our distributor organization.
6. Promote KPI/JCI equipment and parts.
7. All other duties as assigned.
1. Willingness to travel by air and auto frequently.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Must be able to obtain a passport if necessary.
4. Must have financial means to travel when required. Approved expenses will be reimbursed.
5. Required to carry $100,000/$300,000 liability insurance coverage on any personal vehicle used for company business.
6. Ability to work well with others and interact with people in a variety of service related circumstances, some of which may be dissatisfied customers and/or dealer personnel.
7. Ability to perform mechanical installation and/or repair of KPI/JCI supplied equipment.
8. Ability to climb onto equipment and work at high levels
9. Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 100 lbs.
10. Operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, photocopier, calculator, fax machine, etc.
Perform duties in environments, which include heavy industrial settings, quarry/pit locations, and construction sites with associated pollutants and noise level.
WINDMILL SPECIALIST INC. BLOOMFIELD, NE
OWNER OPERATOR 1999 to CURRENT STILL SERVING CUSTOMERS
MANUFACTURE AND RECONDITIONED WINDMILLS-PROVIDE SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC AS FAR AS WATER WELL NEEDS --FROM WINDMILLS TO SUB PUMPS AND SOLAR POWER SET UPS.
MULLER IND. INC. YANKTON, SD
SHOP MGR 1996 to 2006
JOB SET UP, LINE SUPERVISION, MAINTENANCE AND OVER ALL MANAGEMENT TO THE FACILITY TO WHICH I WAS ASSIGNED. I WORKED WITH CUSTOMERS ON A DAILY BASIS AND WITH FOUNDRIES TO HAVE NEW CASTINGS MADE TO MY SPECIFICATIONS. IN THE YEAR 2000 AFTER THE MAIN OWNER HAD DIED IN 1997 I CONTRIBUTED IN PRODUCING THE COMPANIES HIGHEST RECORD SALES EVER.
WENDY'S OLD FASHIONED NORFOLK AND YANKTON
NORFOLK-MGR-YANKTON-OWNER OPERATOR 1986 to 1996
THIS WAS A FULL TIME POSTION INVOLVING GENERAL COUNTER WORK, LINE SUPERVISION AND OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF THE FACILITY OF AROUND 30 EMPLOYEES TO WHICH I WAS ASSIGNED. IN ADDITION TO SUPERVISING THE DAILY ACTIVITIES OF THE RESTAURANT, HIRING, FIRING AND ADVERTISING. I ALSO PERFORMED COST ANALYSIS RELATING TO FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND MEAT COSTS; AS WELL AS LABOR COST AND PRODUCTIVITY. DAILY PAYROLLS, REVIEWS AND SET UP WEEKLY WORK SCHEDULES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES. DURING THE FIRST YEAR I HAD BROUGHT THE STORE TO THE TOP 15% WORLDWIDE. IN 1991 I WAS HONORED AS A SPARKLE FINALIST AND BROUGHT WENDY'S OF NORFOLK TO THE TOP 8 STORE WORLDWIDE.
NORTHEAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE NORFOLK, NEBRASKA
ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN MAY 2007 2005 TO 2007
THE ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE GRADUATES WITH THE NECESSARY SKILLS TO FUNCTION IN TODAY'S INDUSTRIAL WORLD WITH PARTICULAR EMPHASIS ON INSTALLATIONS, MAINTENANCE, AND REPAIR OF INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT. I WAS COMPETENT IN AREAS OF ELECTRICITY, ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL SYSTEMS, AND ROBOTICS. I ALSO DID TROUBLESHOOTING OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS, MANUFACTURING PROCESSES, HYDRAULIC AND PNEUMATIC OPERATIONS, MOTOR AND LOGIC CONTROLS, POWER TRANSMISSIONS, ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATED SYSTEMS. IN NON-TECHICAL THE STUDY OF MATHEMATICS, COMMUNICATIONS, SAFETY CONTROL, COMMUNICATIONS, PSYCHOLOGY, BUSINESS FINANCE, LADDER LOGIC, AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS.
AUTOMATED CONTROLS -PLC PROGRAMING-LADDER LOGIC-ALLEN BRADLEY
CONTROL SYSTEMS -FLUID AND PNEUMATIC
SOLID STATE CONTROLS