Corona, CA 92883
Seeking a materials engineering position within a production, testing, or processing environment that emphasizes development, offering opportunities for professional growth and potential for advancement.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Alcoa Fastening Systems - Carson, CA
April 2007 to April 2016
• Responsible for directing & assisting quality teams in determining efficient operations of the quality activities.
• Direct & supervise activities of team leaders, technician, & operators.
• Resolve metallurgical issues at QA In-process Lab and QA Final Lab.
• Assure a safe & healthful work force.
Dickson Testing Co, Inc
August 2006 to April 2007
Perform metallurgical evaluations (micro/macro) of forged and cast aerospace metal parts from various alloys (Ti, Ni, Al, Co, Steel, etc.).
California Drop Forge Inc - Los Angeles, CA
September 2000 to July 2006
• Manage material buy-off to the specification applicable to the job.
• Interface with purchasing and engineering on material requirements.
• Conduct investigation on materials non-conformance, including failure analysis.
• Establish testing and heat treat procedures for forgings prior to processing parts.
• Provide technical support to customers, manufacturing personnel, and sales group.
• Review and release purchase orders for outside processing. Product Metallurgist/Met Lab Supervisor
Shultz Steel Company - South Gate, CA
March 1998 to September 2000
• Responsible for all materials testing of the company products.
• Accept and review all incoming materials for the manufacture of forgings.
• Review and approve purchase orders for outside processing.
• Resolve metallurgical test failures and MRB issues in a timely manner.
• Review customer prints, specifications, and job contracts necessary for test and quality requirements.
• Interface with customer representative on metallurgical questions, concerns, and submittal.
• Maintain an organized laboratory and develop procedures for all functions of the metallurgy department.
Bristol Industries - Brea, CA
1996 to 1998
Quality Assurance Metallurgist
• Perform metallurgical evaluation and mechanical testing of fasteners and related products.
• Provide technical assistance in materials selections.
• Write procedures and instructions for heat treatment, metallurgical lab, non-destructive testing, and plating.
• Coordinate NADCAP re-accreditation audit. Conduct ISO/AS 9001 internal audit.
• Review specifications and process requirements per customer orders. Chief Metallurgist
Metallurgical Testing Corp - Industry, CA
1990 to 1996
• Perform testing and evaluation of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys in various forms.
• Perform failure analysis, investigation, research, testing, evaluation, and generated test reports.
• Develop procedures for acceptance testing and evaluation of prototype aircaraft forgings and castings.
• Organize and manage the physical flow of jobs by setting priorities on job scheduling.
• Supervise and train metallurgical technicians.
Technicast - South Gate, CA
1984 to 1990
• Supervise preparation of charge make-up of various alloys for melt furnaces.
• Oversee chemistry adjustments of molten metal before pouring into the molds.
• Perform metallurgical and mechanical testing of ferrous and non-ferrous castings. Education
BS in Metallurgical Engineering
Mapua Institute of Technology - Manila
June 1964 to May 1970
Microsoft Office, Quality Assurance
American Society for Metals
1980 to 2007