TO BECOME ASSOCIATED WITH A COMPANY WHERE I CAN UTILIZE MY PHLEBOTOMY AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND GAIN FURTHER EXPERIENCE WHILE ENHANCING THE COMPANY’S PRODUCTIVITY AND REPUTATION. EXPERIENCE
Lab-Corporation of America
PST Specialist 03-2017-Present
•Obtain blood samples for Medical testing through venipuncture or capillary puncture on adults/children/geriatrics/infants(0-12 mths)
• Follow infection control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions
•Prepare blood collecting equipment, draw blood and safely store samples in the required stability temperature Bio-Reference Laboratories
● Obtained blood samples for Medical testing through venipuncture or capillary puncture on adults/children/geriatrics/infants(0-12 mths)
● Followed infection control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions
● Prepared blood collecting equipment, draw blood and safely store samples in the required stability temperature.
Bio-Reference Laboratories for Hotel Trades
Phlebotomy Supervisor 03-201*-**-****
● Supervised,hired,trained,disciplined,and evaluated the performance of staff.
● Ensured performance appraisals, and monthly audits were completed in a timely manner .
● Prioritized,scheduled,assigned,and monitored work to optimize operational performance.
● Coordinated staffing,material requirements and equipment needed to support daily operations .
● Analyzed,recommended,implented,and monitored workflow changes, procedures and protocols.
● Implemented Quality control activities and Records. Assisted with preparation of and compliance with the approved operating budget.
Quest Diagnostics Laboratories
Senior Phlebotomist 10-2007 -03-2011
● Ensured all field phlebotomy and specimens are collected accurately and on time .
● Maintained all appropriate Psc/Phlebotomy logs Assisted with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
● Communicated all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager, Supervisor, and or Group Lead for resolution.
● Ensured facilities were neat, clean and in good repair,take appropriate action to advise Supervisor or Group Lead of required repairs and maintenance.
● Assisted with periodic inventory counts, report shortage and problems to group leaders or supervisor as they occur.
● Worked effectively with staff employees to ensure compliance with dress code, Environmental Health and Safety & Quality Assurance requirements, Customer service requirements and Sop’s, advising Supervisor of any issue or problems as they arise .
● With direction and guidance from supervisor, and having appropriate training guidelines, act as a mentor and resource person for new employees, assisting with transition into the Patient Service Center work environment and familiarity with department protocols, practices and procedures . Central Brooklyn Medical Group (HIP)
Medical Assistant 05-200*-**-****
Worked in various department such as:
● Dermatology- Prepped for exams, setup instruments for procedures, cleaned and sterilized instruments, prepared charts, scheduled appointments,general phone control etc. .
● Family Practice - Prepared rooms for exams, recorded height, weight,blood pressure, glucose test,EKG's,appointment booking and scheduling, general phone control, prepared charts daily, filing,faxing,collecting urine etc.
● Laboratory - Performed venipuncture's high volume blood draw daily, ages from 1day old-geriatrics.
● O phthalmology - Performed vision testing and recording results, visual field testing, assisted in dilation of pupils, prepared charts, appointment booking and general phone control.
● Podiatry- Prepared instruments for Medical uses, cleaning and autoclaving, record vital signs, general phone control, scheduled patients and prepared charts daily. 2
● Surgery- Assisted the surgeon during colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures, cleaned and sterilized scopes and putting them into the series machine, booked surgeries, obtained prior approvals for HIP procedures, CPT codes and diagnosis codes for procedures, ordered and receive results for MRI, CT scans with or with out contrast, abdominal sonograms, prepared rooms for procedures, sterilized and auto calves instruments used during procedures.
New York Technical College 02/1998-09/1999
Mandll School for Allied Health 02/2000-11/2000
Clara Barton for Health Professions 09/1995-06/1998 AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Certified Phlebotomist and MA with experience in a well corporate laboratory, multi-physician family Medical practice known for dedication to providing premium patient care . 3