Princeton, New Jersey – 609-***-**** – email@example.com
Experienced Production and Project Manager within publishing, print and digital media. Extensive knowl- edge of the publishing, graphic arts and marketing industries. Expertise in production planning, project and vendor management, domestic and international sourcing and purchasing, out- and in-sourcing, graphic arts technology and materials, estimating, quality control, color management, marketing, and the produc- tion of books, magazines, catalogs, marketing/sales materials, digital publications, apps, ebooks, etc. Professional Experience
Futura Graphic, Copenhagen, Denmark/Princeton, New Jersey, USA 2013–2018 Project Manager, digital media.
• Responsible for start up and marketing of new company.
• Followed up on leads to set up meetings and presentations with potential customers.
• Produced tablet/smartphone app prototypes for museums, publishers, etc.
• Developed app-version of the magazine Zoonyt, Copenhagen Zoo. EPUB-publications. Karnov Group A/S Publishing House (Thomson Reuters), Copenhagen, Denmark 1995–2013 Production Manager – Technical Editor
• Manager for the in-house production/design team consisting of 3–4 people.
• Responsible for over all production planning and quality control, from manuscript to the finished product (books, magazines, newsletters, cd-rom/DVD, marketing materials, online publications, etc).
• Contracted and negotiated with a wide range of domestic and international vendors and freelancers to optimize price, quality and delivery time. Copyright registration.
• Developed new manuscript structuring/styling workflow involving authors, editors, freelancers and suppliers. Achieved reductions in production cost and time.
• Produced budgets, estimates and SAP purchase orders for all productions and approved invoices.
• Responsible for marketplace intelligence and new trends surveillance within graphic arts production and publishing. Developed guidelines and templates for authors, editors, vendors, etc.
• Generated continuous updated production plans for all products, providing the necessary information to all departments.
• Participated in weekly marketing and editorial meetings regarding bundling and pricing.
• Distribution and inventory management.
• Folded in new products and publications into existing organization and work flow. Milvang A/S, Marketing Agency, Copenhagen, Denmark 1995 Production Coordinator – Project Manager
• Responsible for sourcing, vendor selection and the negotiation of production contracts.
• Coordinated graphic arts production with internal and external suppliers.
• Managed time schedules, customer quotes, estimates, budgets and invoicing.
• Responsible for the production planning of all marketing campaigns.
• Headed in-house design team consisting of 2 people. Optimized work flow and quality control. Education
School of Printing, College of Imaging Science,
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), New York, USA
• Special scholarship funded by Aller Foundation, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Studies including book production and design, desktop publishing, print finishing, electronic publish- ing/SGML, Internet, management, telecommunications, and other related topics. In addition, the study included visits to publishers, printing companies and other graphic arts institutions. Graphic Arts College (Den Grafiske Højskole), Copenhagen, Denmark Bachelor of Media Production and Management. Studies included graphic arts technology, production planning, production materials (paper stock, inks, etc.), print finishing, business administration, account- ing, marketing, business and labor law, etc.
• Received the Gravure Fellow Scholarship to RIT, Rochester, NY, sponsored by Aller Foundation Denmark. Computer Skills
Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere Pro), Quark XPress, MS Office
(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), HTML, CSS, XML, Mag+, WordPress and MailChimp. PC, Mac and tablet platforms. Document (OCR) and image scanning, and EPUB-files (reflowable/static). Languages
Danish, English, Swedish and Norwegian at high level, German and Spanish at basic level. Other Activities
Volunteer at Here We Are Global: 2016–. App development, digital newsletters, and ad hoc support. Volunteer at Princeton Festival, Princeton, NJ: 2017–. Website updates and design in WordPress, digital newsletters and press releases using MailChimp.
Volunteer at Morven Museum & Garden, Princeton, NJ: 2017–. Video editing, digital newsletters etc.