firstname.lastname@example.org . 773-***-****
New Accounts Specialist / Accounting Specialist
Financial and Accounting professional with 20 years of business support experience; Focus areas include Operational Risk Management, customer due diligence and client services and support. Successfully contributes to business growth through team building efforts, strong communication, exceptional decision making and time management skills.
OptionsXpress/Charles Schwab, Chicago, IL
November 2009 to January 2018
Estate Distribution Specialist
• Document collection for Domestic, IRA, Trust and Corporations on accounts with deceased account holders.
• Provide instructions for closing accounts and disbursing the assets/securities.
• Review Probate documents to determine the Executor for the account.
• Review IRA accounts to determine the Beneficiary for the account to ensure distribution of funds is issued to the correct party.
• Review Trust documents to determine the successor trustee for the account.
• Forward documentation to Cashiering Department to process journals and issue checks.
• Forward IRA distribution form and documentation to IRA Cash Department to process journals and issue checks.
• Handle all client inquiries with patience and compassion.
Entity Accounts Specialist
• Document collection for Domestic Corporate accounts, LLC's, Partnerships, Profit Sharing Plans, Trust Accounts, Estate Accounts, Australian Superannuation Funds and Foreign Corporation and Trust Accounts.
• Complete risk review by entering business factors related to business jurisdiction, NAICS code, and other high-risk factors.
• Enter information from Enhanced Due Diligence forms into system.
• Run verification checks on beneficial owners on Corporate accounts, LLC's, Trusts, Partnerships and Profit Sharing Plan, and Estate Accounts.
• Responsible for completing Monthly Report for High Risk Accounts while collaborating with different departments throughout the organization.
Transfers and New Accounts Specialist
• Processed asset, stock, mutual fund transfers for domestic, IRA, and International account holders.
• Contacted clients via email and phone for missing documents.
• Processed applications for domestic and IRA online accounts.
• Contacted clients via email and phone for missing paperwork.
• Scanned documents into Salesforce.
Computershare Shareholder Services, Chicago, IL
June 2008 to June 2009
Customer Service Representative
• Answered shareholder questions regarding dividend payments.
• Calculated and communicated estimated dividend check amounts.
• Navigated the system to provide information to shareholders and updated their information.
Open Mortgage Home Lending, West Bend, WI
July 2006 to July 2007
• Submitted files to lenders for approval and cleared conditions.
• Requested employment and rent/mortgage verifications.
• Verified and examined information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
• Accepted payment on accounts.
• Filed and maintained loan records.
Zenith Administrators, Inc, Chicago, IL
September 2003 to April 2006
• Processed pension benefit payments for union retirees.
• Processed disability and lump sum benefit payments.
• Answered questions for participants and researched issues.
General Binding Corporation, Skokie, IL
October 1999 to January 2003
Cash Application Specialist
• Applied and posted approximately 75-100 cash receipts daily.
• Provided timely financial reporting to corporate accounting.
• Assisted with month end closing.
Seattle School District/Chamber of Commerce, Seattle, WA
July 1998 to July 1999
• Processed Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for donations daily.
• Reconciled bank statements by comparing statements against general ledger.
• Processed expense vouchers for reimbursement.
• Debited and credited accounts.
• Verified balances and entries, calculations, and postings recorded by other workers.
Planned Parenthood of Chicago, Chicago, IL
January 1997 to June 1998
• Processed Accounts Payable to Medical vendors.
• Responsible for semi-weekly Payroll processing of 100 employees and Medical staff of 7 Chicago area clinics.
• Ordered all medical supplies monthly.
Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL
College Sophomore status
• CRM Platforms (Salesforce), Phase 3, Web Broker.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Calyx Point, and various in-house accounting software.
• Cash receipts, corporate accounting, email, financial reporting, month end closing.
• Outstanding Customer Service.