FORREST W. MERCHANT
www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-merchant-30552034/ email@example.com PROBLEM RESOLUTION LEADER OF DATA CENTER CONTROL
Impact organization’s profitability through collaborative teamwork, exemplary client service and project management skills. Passion for leveraging technology and being enthusiastic about solving complex hardware, software problems daily for up to 100 staff (non-profit and corporate organizations).
Advanced expertise: Jira Ticket System, Tidal Scheduler, SQL Database, FTP & Secure file Transfer, Planet press and servers Windows 12, Fedora Linux. SKILLS
Install and troubleshoot IT hardware (all drives, sound cards, video cards, LAN cards, RAM, USB and backup devices)
Install, configure work stations / servers, sub-net mask, default gateway and routers PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
AMERICAN STUDENT ASSISTANCE, Boston, MA 2006 – 2017 Senior Production Control Analyst 2011 2017
• Incident management will monitor daily activities making sure when there is an incident the proper people are alerted according to the issue. Open a telephone conference bridge if requested or needed. Send out an email to let the appropriate people know that there is a production issue. Ensured incident manager owner filled out the report on SharePoint web page. Changed control for changes would be checked to see if they met the requirements before the moved forward to be approved.
• Helped others to with issues with lost passwords, misplace RSA secure token to log into desktop from home, and replaced badges to let people in and out of the building and designated areas that person allow in.
• Created an email system to compliment the on-call calendar, allowing people to know on-call details every week.
Production Control Analyst 2008--2011
• Ensured production servers were up in the proper configuration and web pages were accessible.
• Checked production control queue for job request in the Jira help desk system.
• Researched problems files that didn’t automatically process also process the files manually through the appropriate system.
• Downloaded and uploaded files using secure web, secure ftp, and secure email. Decrypted and encrypted files as needed.
System Support Technican 2006--2008
• Tested batches to find errors in the live production batches.
• Created files, reports and to check the content of the daily activity.
• Ran Columbia Ultimate Business System CUBS, creating special set of letters, invoice, and reports to be sent out clients.
FORREST W. MERCHANT firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE TWO ANACOMP, Braintree, MA
Lead Computer Operator / Computer Operator
• Took computer media place it on the camera take a frame that was design for a particular company and line it up with the data on the media. This would create the desired look the company would request.
• Created CDs from company data after we had downloaded on to our system.
• When a computer would run into issue or loose the operating system it was common practice to trouble shoot the problem before calling the help desk. The type of issue that was resolved in- house was changing memory, hard drives and replacing sound cards, and installing a new operating system.
• Using a Sun Solaris Unix system information was downloaded from the system and made available to be placed on CDs.
UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Bragg, NC
Cannon Fire Direction Specialist
ARMY RESERVES, Boston, MA
Traffic Management Coordinator
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Associate of Science (AS), ITT Technical School, Woburn, MA
Certificate, R.E.T.S. Electronics School, Boston, MA
Completed ITIL Foundation training, Project Management Institute. (Certification Pending)