https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuliya-kolpakova-0a040a47/ eligible for employment in the United States (L2 visa) A creative thinking, customer focused Business Analyst with 5 years of experience in IT industry in all phases of the development lifecycle. Highly adaptable in quickly changing technical environments with very strong organizational and analytical skills. Experienced with:
• business requirement gathering and elicitation, process modeling and analysis;
• desktop (Windows,MacOS), web and mobile (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone) applications;
• outsourcing and product environments;
• distributed and co-located teams;
• in-depth understanding of project lifecycle, including all phases of system and software development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Methodologies: waterfall, agile, kan-ban;
Design & Case tools: Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose, Pencil, Plant UML, MS Office. Project Management: JIRA.
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZATION:
1. requirements engineering best practices (vision and project scope definition, scope creep management, requirements elicitation interviews and workshops, document and report analysis), requirement analysis (prototypes, requirements prioritization), 2. requirements specification (business, functional, non-functional), 3. requirements validation (acceptance criteria definition), 4. requirements management (requirements change control process, traceability matrix, requirement management tool JIRA).
National aviation university, Kyiv, Ukraine (2006-2012) Computer-Integrated Systems and Technologies
Master’s Degree with Honors
Ukrainian – native
English -C1 (advanced, ILTS overall score 7.5)
Corsera: Introduction to Software Management;
Corsera: Software Processes and Agile Practices;
Corsera: Client Needs and Software Requirements;
Corsera: Agile Planning For Software Products;
Corsera: Review & Metrics for Software Improvements;
IELTS: 7.5 (overall score).
Good team player;
Attention to details;
Senior Business Analyst
“Level Up” Company, Kyiv, Ukraine August 2014 - March 2016 Development of full RTB eco system (CDN, DMP, SSP, DSP, Billing, API-based integration with internal projects).
• Initiated requirements elicitation sessions with stakeholders in order to elicit project requirements;
• Performed business and functional analysis of the system under construction as well as an existing functionality;
• Managed requirements (traceability and approval);
• Developed acceptance criteria for the product;
• Formalized the product backlog for development team. System Analyst
“Mobisoft” Company, Kyiv, Ukraine March 2013 - July 2014 Worked on development of parental control app, which operates on smartphones (iPhone, Android)
& desktop (Windows, MacOS). It was created with a mission to ease modern parenting by setting regulations of the Internet usage and preventing online dangers for children:
• Closely collaborated with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Managers to get a better understanding of the Business Processes and, as a result, to meet specific technical and business needs;
• Desktop app version was realized over half a year as MVP;
• Decomposed high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding by means of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / Sate chart Diagrams using Visio following UML methodology;
• Created product documentation (User Requirement Specifications and Functional Requirement Specifications documents) as well as updated the existing technical documentation;
• Consulted the development and testing team regarding the requirements and expectations of the customer.
“Ciclum” Company, Kyev, Ukraine Sep 2012 – Feb 2013 Project: MusicQubed
MusicQubed app solves mobile music for the masses by combining patented push technology, innovative licensing and global brand partnerships with a great user experience:
• Elaborated a new product features and improvements;
• Took an active part in the UI/UX development;
• Performed requirements gathering activities (workshops, interviews) with internal stakeholders;
• Formalized product requirements (business, functional,non-functional) in the variety of documents (vision, specification documents, User Stories, Use Cases). Technical writer/System Analyst
“Info Site Service” Company, Kyev, Ukraine Sep 2010 – Feb 2013
• Services designed to help students all around the world to get their paper work (essays, research papers, etc.) done;
• Worked with user representatives to define user requirements;
• Hold elicitation interviews with internal stakeholpders;
• Specified gather requirements into Software Specification Documents and other corresponding documents;
• Created technical documentation (knowledge base) for already functioning system and kept it updated.