Phone: +1-202-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/mahimajoshi PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
A highly motivated and hardworking individual, seeking full-time opportunities of an analyst to build upon a keen analytical interest and start a career:
• Strong expertise in Data Analysis, Statistical Modelling, Machine Learning, Regression Analysis and Deep Learning to be applied for Automation, Prediction and Process Improvement.
• Created algorithm and models for automated prediction and classification data using R and python. Experience in SQL, ETL for database connection. Evaluated business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, developing and implementing solutions.
• Believe in Analytical and Result Oriented Approach. A professional in continuous process improvements, outstanding leader, team builder and articulate communicator. WORK EXPERIENCE
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY Washington, D.C., USA Laboratory Technician, Science and Engineering Oct 2017–Present
• Front Desk and first point of customer service contact for users facing computing difficulties. Responsible for entering and maintaining computer data on ticketing system. Distribution of accounts.
• Hold responsibility in troubleshooting end user problems regarding workstations, operating system, software and hardware, and network connectivity. Assist inventory prep for University E-cycle Program.
• Aid faculty, staff, and student in organizing computer equipment with maintenance and creation of MSDNAA accounts. Help in hardware and software installs.
• Collaboratively work with senior laboratory technicians to address major technical issues. LGT CAPITAL PARTNERS PVT LTD New York, NY, USA
Private Equity Intern May 2017–Aug 2017
• Created algorithm for automated prediction and classification of investment data using R.
• Reviewed historical investment performance of the companies while developing track records in Excel.
• Executed predictive data analysis for company investment through machine learning algorithms using R and Python. Researched and analyzed the private companies for better investment results.
• Arranged company database for previous investments from 2014 to 2017, worked with private equity and hedge funds. Performed due diligence, financial modeling and valuation of the companies where investors are willing to invest. Discounted cash flow and Internal rate of return were used.
• Developed strategic development and acquisition opportunities within the specific industry. THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY Washington, D.C., USA Data Quality Intern Jan 2017–May 2017
• Functioned as user interface developer for data governance software, Collibra.
• Manage the data queries and backend problem solving for the college data website.
• Handled mobile application development and data management. Developed an outline for the mobile application and started implementation of the design.
• Assisted the professor in handling the class presentations, assignments and projects regarding the subject data warehousing.
BSDC Jaipur, India
Data Analyst & Software Developer Jan 2015– Jul 2016
• Confirmed and monitored the scope of company growth while analyzing data from different companies.
• Managed quality control analysis software. Acquired data from primary and secondary data sources and maintained the data systems. Filtered and cleaned the data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems. Maintained cost efficiency.
• Worked with management to prioritize business and information needs. Performed requirement analysis. 2
• Maintained the track records of the company and analyzed them using excel while designing a data warehouse using the ETL process and SQL for database connection.
• Evaluated business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, developing and implementing solutions. Kept a track of IT advancements with automation and modernization of the systems.
• Managed competing resources & priorities and monitored the deliverables by ensuring timely completion of tasks.
• Master’s Degree in Data Science May 2018(Expected) The George Washington University Washington, D.C., USA GPA: 3.91/4
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Technology 2011-2015 Manipal University Jaipur, RJ, India GPA: 3.93/4 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Tools, Platforms &
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Tableau, Talend, Data Analysis, Photoshop, Informatics, STATA, SAS, AWS, GCP, Numpy, Scipy, Tensorflow, Keras, Caret, Dplyr, nnet & ggplot2
Databases Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL
Multi Label Classification using Convolution Networks 2018
• Image classification was performed for identifying natural scenes from images. The dataset comprised of 4000 trainee images and 400 test images. Keras was used as an API for the algorithm.
• Pre-Processing was performed, followed by implementation of various model architectures and creation of different levels of feature maps. Testing and validation were successfully done with the detection accuracy of 89%. The project could be of use in finance, medicinal prescriptions and retail & product segmentation.
Cancer Patients’ Segmentation 2017
• Separated cancer proteins with two unsupervised cluster algorithms including K-means and Self Organized Maps (SOM). Performed data engineering and data collection before the algorithm application.
• Arranged proteins into five categories and subdivided each segment to prove SOM and visualize it. Impact of Technology on Jobs 2016
• Collected data from Kaggle, World Bank, and International Monetary Fund (IMF) websites, while carrying out data engineering.
• Examined data using regression analysis and analysis of variance (ANOVA). Hit A Teddy (Windows 8/Phone Game) – Published by VAMAPP Developers Lead Developer 2015
• Created a game for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 using NET 4.5 in Windows Runtime. CERTIFICATIONS
Cloud Computing Certification by EMC2 Introduction to R Certification Google Analytics certification LEADERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
Treasurer, Data for Social Good Student Organization Treasurer, GW Desis (GW Graduate Indian Community) Member, Editorial Board 2012-2013, Manipal University Head Organizer, Fest–2011 First Position, International Women's Day Poster Volunteer with NGO Gramiksha, Welfare of Children in Rajasthan Head Incoming, IASTE– Manipal University Jaipur
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
Data Analysis Data Visualization Statistical modelling Machine Learning cloud computing Data Mining Database Administration Regression & Survival Analysis Neural Networks Data Warehousing Time Series Analysis SDLC Cybersecurity Risk Analytics