Over ten years of experience as a software quality assurance professional with experience working on individual, team and inter disciplinary projects. Experience in designing and executing manual, automation, and integration testing. Achievements
Lead QA department at Vertical Communications, Inc. Successfully led multiple major Wave platform and application releases. Received four promotions from Intern to Manager at Vertical Communications Skills
Strong problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting, writing, communication, editing, and leadership skill Operating systems: Windows, Linux, OSX, Windows CLI, Linux Terminal Programming: Python, C++, HTML, XML, VBscript, shell/bash scripting Automation tools: Git, AutoIt
Software tools: SSH, Putty, psexec, Jira
Virtualization: VMWare ESXi, MS Hyper V, Virtualbox, Vmware Player Telephony: Unified Communications, SIP, VoIP, PSTN, ISDN Networking tools: Wireshark, tcpdump
Simulation & Circuit tools: LTSpice, Pspice
Hardware languages & tools: VHDL, Verilog, Xilinx ISE, Quartus II Others: Agile, Scrum
Software QA Manager/QA Technical Lead
Vertical Communications, Inc. Santa Clara, CA Sep 2013 – Present
• Streamlined processes to improve quality of the software and productivity in release cycles
• Conducted one on one meetings with my direct reports while maintaining an open line of communication at all times.
• Resolved obstacles that affected my team by obtaining hardware when hardware failures occurred, or by escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Improved metrics gathering for release documentation by adding specific identification tags during the planning phase, enabling tracking to QA Jira tasks
• Lead improvements in hotfix validation process by improving QA entry criteria and persuading the development team on the improvements.
• Lead the QA department successfully through 4 platform releases and 5 application releases.
• Created batch scripts for QA team to streamline repetitive task.
• Created automation task for QA team to obtain new skills and to improve long term productivity
• Streamlined the manual testing processes by increasing automation
• Lead efforts to standardize performance testing, load testing, data collection and reporting
• Conducted performance reviews for the QA department, and streamlined individual goals
• Setup meeting with product management to prioritize backlog tasks Software QA Technical Lead
Vertical Communications, Inc. Santa Clara, CA Apr 2013 Sep 2013
• Redesigned Load & Performance setup using product management requirements, and documented system setup for future reference.
• Initiate product knowledge transfer sessions for QA members
• Modernized and updated Automation setup by building the computer from scratch, and upgrading the systems hardware and software.
• Orchestrated projects for QA members to lead, providing detailed task, subtask and timeframe. Senior Software QA Test Engineer Platform/Automation Vertical Communications, Inc. Santa Clara, CA Aug 2010 – Apr 2013
• Managed automation, initiated debugging, trained other members on automation setup
• Transitioned products to other QA members
• Troubleshoot customer issues and performed root cause analysis Software QA Test Engineer
Vertical Communications, Inc. Santa Clara, CA Sep 2007 – Aug 2010
• Worked independently to learn several applications & features
• Designed and Executed regression testing
• Designed test plans for new applications & features
• Worked within the team structure to release new applications & features Education
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA May 2007
Minor in Mathematics
Football & basketball, spending time with my German shepherd and family, movies, hiking, travel & technology.