University of California Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, California PhD candidate in Electrical Engineering Sept 2014 – Present Relevant courses: Introduction to BiMEMS, Feedback Control System, Optical Fiber Communication, Infor- mation Theory
Boston University Boston, Massachusetts
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, GPA: 3.7/4.0 Sept 2012 - May 2014 Relevant courses: Analog&Digital VLSI Circuit Design, RFIC Design, Semiconductor Physics&Devices, Pho- tonics
GRE: 800Q, 530V, 3.0W
Xidian University Xian, Shaanxi,China
Bachelor’s Degree in Microelectronics, GPA: 3.2/4.0 Sept 2008 - May 2012 Relevant courses: Signal and System, Analog& Digital Circuits, Semiconductor Physics, Control System, Matlab, C programming, DSP, Electromagnetic System CAREER GOAL
• RFIC/analog design; RF/analog/digital IC related test/validation. RESEARCH INTEREST
• RFIC design, mmWave (60GHz) circuit design, Low power RF/analog IC design, Mixed-signal IC design. INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE
Wideband Noise Canceling Low Noise Amplifier Design @ GlobalFoundries Feb 2015 - Aug 2015
• Used feedforward noise canceling topology to lower the noise figure in boardband LNA, managed to keep NF below 1.6dB from 2-6GHz, with good matching and low power consumption.
• Design using GlobalFoundries’ most advanced technology 22nm FDSOI, both in schematic level and layout level
RESEARCH & PROJECTS
60GHz Transceiver Design Oct 2015 - Present
• PhD thesis, 60GHz transceiver design, with emphasize on low noise design.
• Noise canceling LNA design in 60GHz utilizing feedback.
• Gilbert Mixer/ Passive Current Mixer design in 60GHz. Signal Transduction by Ion Nanogating wireless amplifier for nanopore sensor’s current measurement Sept 2014 - Apr 2015
• Designed PCB of handheld wireless voltage-clamp amplifier for current measurement of nanopore sensors, ca- pable of accurate sensing pH in liquid.
• Design amplifier circuit, transceiver, ADC/DAC, microcontroller, power and auxiliary circuits on PCB level.
• Designed library, schematic and layout in Altium, sent out for manufactory and tested in lab. Process Variation Minimization based on 8-GHz Clock Generator July 2013 - May 2014
• Designed the PLL, including VCO & frequency divider & phase frequency detector & charge pump & low-pass filter, which is capable for high frequency operation.
• Designed and simulated schematic in Cadence with IBM 0.13μm 8HP BiCMOS technology kit as well as layout design and simulation.
• Used Monte Carlo Distribution on key parameters (width/length/number of gate figures and etc.) to discover the effects of process variation. Minimized the effects from the structure design prospects. The Design of a Microstrip PCB 1-GHz FM Receiver Sept 2013 - Jan 2014
• Design the structure of FM receiver, choose components that fits most.
• Draw and optimize the library, schematic and layout in Altium.
• Assembled and solderd all the components on PCB board, tested in the lab. Circuits Design Related Experience (Masters’ course projects) Sept 2012 - May 2013
• Current Mirror Op-amps Design, High Frequency Amplifier Design, A/D Converter Design.
• Low Noise Amplifier Design, Mixer Design.
• AM Receiver Front-End (Including LNA, Mixer, Local Osc, IF filter, detector).
• Design & Simulation labs utilize Cadence and use the IBM 0.13μm 8HP BiCMOS technology.
• Implementation of Audio Encryption and Decryption based on AES Graphene Devices Exploration Sponsored by Xidian University Sept 2011 - May 2012
• Took charge of the production of graphene sheet and applied electrical contact on graphene.
• Built self-made apparatus for our research group to operate in oxygen atmosphere. RELATED SKILLS
• Computer: Cadence Virtuoso, SpectreRF, ADS, Momentum, Altium, Matlab, Verilog HDL, Python, C lan- guage, MySQL
• Hardware Lab: VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Waveform Generator
• Presentation skills: office softwares including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
• Languages: Proficient in English; Native Chinese