**** **** ** ** **, Puyallup, WA ***72 904-***-**** email@example.com https://github.com/aarondevlin Objective Utilize mathematical & statistical knowledge and work experience combined with Master’s level classes in computer science to build a career as a data scientist. My reason for changing careers is to work in a technically challenging, rapidly changing field. Solving complex problems as an individual contributor as well as being part of dynamic teams are key ingredients of my preferred career path. Currently looking for an entry level opportunity or internship as I complete the M.S. degree.
Master of Science in Computer Science and Systems Jan 2017 – Mar 2018 University of Washington, Tacoma, WA
GPA: 3.90/4.00 (Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society UWT Chapter Member) Big Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Cryptography, Bioinformatics, Spatial Databases, Distributed Systems, Parallel Computing Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Systems Engineering Dec 2012 University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Statistics, Differential Equations, Calculus, Visual Basic / SQL Computer Programming & Spreadsheet Analysis, Operations Research, Engineering Economics, Industrial Systems Simulation, Lean Manufacturing, Inventory & Supply Chain, Work Design & Human Factors, Industrial Quality Control, Energy Management, Chemistry, Materials, Matrices, Physics, Statics, Financial Accounting, AutoCAD
CNC Machinist Certificate May 2014
Florida State College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL Experience
Corporate EHS & Quality Manager, Suddath Global Logistics, Jacksonville, FL Feb 2015 – Oct 2016
● Obtained & analyzed OS&D (over, short and damage) warehouse and freight claims data to identify supply chain processes that require enhancement, and implement procedural changes after providing sufficient evidence to upper management.
● Assembled and analyzed data warehouse quality trends to meet corporate lean and quality objectives.
● Performed technical writing and designing of corporate procedures, checklists, flowcharts, signage, etc.
● Corporate trainer on key quality, OS&D, and procedures.
● Acted as the sole owner of safety, quality, and audit project management for a dozen warehouse operations.
● Managed the day to day compliance of EHS, food regulations, and continuous improvement programs for all warehouse operations.
● Provide daily technical and accountability support for all General and Terminal Managers. CNC Machinist, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., Jacksonville, FL Jan 2014 – Feb 2015
● Coded CNC programs, created AutoCAD drawings, and interpreted technical blueprints.
● Operated and troubleshot CNC machines to manufacture medical device tools to a tolerance of +/- 2 x 10-6m, while utilizing metrology equipment, including Zygo interferometers.
● Led a team of 5S Change Agents within Optical Tooling.
● Was chair of the Optical Tooling Safety Team where I fixed a process that was allowing workers to breathe large amounts of a cancer- causing chemical.
Inventory Management System Analyst Temp, LW Flooring, Gainesville, FL Mar – May 2013
● Coded custom report templates to promptly service the sales department’s needs.
● Implemented a new inventory system to heighten visibility of inventory within a deadline of 3 months.
● Trained employees to operate the new inventory program efficiently, per the company’s necessities. Process Engineer Co-op/Summer Student, RockTenn, West Point, VA (2500 tpd packaging manufacturer; 86 salary and 416 hourly union employees) May – Aug 2011
● Collaborated with operating superintendents and designed daily, weekly and procedural checklists for all 46 paper mill hourly job positions to instill the values of accountability, responsibility, organization and completeness into the 24/7 operation.
● Audited initial phase checklists as well as communicated both positive results and opportunities for improvement to the superintendents.
● Communicated with upper level management to acquire detailed feedback regarding the checklists’ impact on daily mill improvement and how to continue progression.
IT Department Technician Summer Student, Smurfit Stone, Inc., Fernandina Beach, FL (2700 tpd packaging manufacturer; 75 salary and 335 hourly union employees) Jun – Aug 2008
● Contributed to a mass program installation and computer tagging project.
● Compiled large data spreadsheets regarding inventory and computer refreshing appointments.
● Repaired computers (hardware and software) and various office devices.
● Routinely installed computer equipment in control rooms, factory areas, and offices.