Eric van Heel
University of Connecticut Current Cumulative GPA: 3.3/4.0 Computer Science Major, Mathematics Minor Spring 2015 – Fall 2017 Stony Brook University GPA: 3.1/4.0
Computer Science Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
Dean’s List – Spring 2014
Programming Languages, Artificial Intelligence, Theory of Computation, Abstract Algebra, Algorithms and Complexity
Information Technology Experience
UConn Computational Biology Lab, Storrs CT May 2017 – December 2017 Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Researched, formulated and tested algorithms which estimated species divergence based on known gene phylogenies and related species trees.
• Researched simulation software to aid testing on the Viral Transmission problem and installed said software onto the labs Linux server.
• Worked with the FrAmework for VIral Transmission and Evolution Simulation (FAVITES) software, written in Python and C.
UConn Police Department, Storrs CT May 2016 – December 2017 Student Campus Watch Coordinator
• Managed, filed and set up systems for document management for UConn Police Department.
• Coordinated and oversaw program of student campus watch.
• Researched methods to improve communication between student watch patrol. Projects
CSE 4939W and 4940 Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
• Senior design project which expands on project development skills within a team as learned in 2102.
• Developed hardware and software solutions to create a heart-rate monitor and arrhythmia detector, as proposed by our corporate sponsor Cigna.
• Communicated and presented results with academic advisor as well as Cigna employees overseeing the project.
• Awarded runner-up in the 2017 UConn Computer Science Senior Design Competition CSE 2102 – Spring 2016
• Enrolled in CSE 2102 at UConn in Spring 2016, a course based on project management with an emphasis on designing and completing a project with a team of four members.
• Planned stages and benchmarks that were needed to be reached by certain deadlines, collaborated on these stages through techniques such as paired programming.
• Utilized tools such as GitHub and metrics software within eclipse (Java). Other Work Experience
• Floor assistant at ITW Graphics Manchester, CT Dec 2015 – Jan 2016 Skills
Workplace: Working within teams, customer service, learning quickly and solving problems independently