Paw Paw, MI. *****
Seeking a Medical Technologist position in a Medical setting, offering exceptional skills in performing and reporting clinical laboratory assays with precision and accuracy in keeping with established policies and procedures. With over 20 year as a qualified MT, I also have experience with instrument maintenance, and phlebotomy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Performed full range of chemical, microbiologic, immunologic and hematologic laboratory procedures
Strong knowledge of various analyzers assisting in patient care
Evaluated and solved problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis
Provided administrative and technical consulting services on laboratory testing
Participated in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory
Differentiated and resolved technical, instrument, and physiologic causes of problems or unexpected test results.
Preforms DOT/NON DOT Urine and drug screen collections.
Received specimens and performs all routinely and special tests in the different departments, such as, microbiology, chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis, parasitology, coagulation.
Records, reports and monitors all patient analysis data following proper documentation and procedure.
Observed proper handling of specimen and safe disposal biohazard waste.
Troubleshoots malfunctioning instrumentation to ensure quality results.
Documented all maintenance and technical problems per established protocol.
Inventories and notifies the supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
Assisted billing resolve issues related to laboratory registration.
STURGIS HOSPITAL, STURGIS MI
May 2010 - Present
I worked as a bench tech with Sturgis Hospital. I worked within the scope of Laboratory policies and procedures, contributing to positive outcomes and meeting the vision and cultural expectations of the organization by exhibiting professional behavior and laboratory expertise. I cannot overstate the immense amount of experience that I received at Sturgis Hospital things like: personal responsibility, excellence in quality of work and accuracy, hospital hierarchy and effective team working environment.
Performed stat and routine testing on a variety of specimens quickly and accurately.
Maintained lab equipment and troubleshot/resolved instrument problems.
Quickly mastered Meditech system.
Review and report results in Meditech.
Operated and calibrated an assortment of laboratory/testing equipment and performed various chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests.
COMPANY NAME, LOCATION
November 2009 - 2010
• Well versed in using and maintaining medical technology tools such as chemistry analyzers, laboratory dilutors and photometers
• Deep knowhow of biology and chemistry aimed at determining interactions and interdependencies
• Competent at performing microbiological analyses to process patients’ specimens and deriving accurate results
• Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings and handling technical report writing activities
• Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment calibration and performing clinical assays
• Able to timely and accurately manage test results validity verification processes
• Special talent for maintaining laboratory quality control and sanitation procedures
• Able to process specimens in accordance to the chemical, hematology, urinalysis and serology procedures
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and CLIA compliance directives as used in a clinical / hospital setting
• Experienced in supervising preparation of specimens for clinical testing purposes
• Skilled in directing corrective actions in case of unacceptable specimens, to ensure accurate test results
• Exceptional arm-hand steadiness aimed at ensuring that specimens are handled with care and minimizing sample retakes
• Extensive knowledge of documenting specimens and preparing acquisition lists to ensure free flow of chemicals used during testing procedures.
CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Mt. Pleasant Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
Michelle Stark/Medical Technologist
255 Memorial Drive Apt. D13
358 Taylor Ave.
Battle Creek, MI.