Julian Richards Alcaide
Outspoken and well versed leader with strong communicative skills. Experience working in teams and individually to perform specified tasks. Systematic and creative problem solver in personal and professional settings. Time oriented and detail specific in an efficient and productive manner. Polite and respectful of physical and intellectual property while cooperating with peers. Education
University of California, Riverside March 2017
Mechanical Engineering, GPA 3.0
Great Oak High School, Temecula CA May 2013
High School Diploma
International Baccalaureate Diploma
University California Riverside Dean’s List
• Fall: 2013-2014
California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
• Member: 2010-2012
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS)
• Nominated participant 2012
Employment & Research
Underground Construction, Prowess Utility Group, Sacramento CA August 2017-Present Horizontal Directional Drill Operator
• Prowess Utility Group, is a small business underground construction company based in northern California.
• The main objective of PUG is to safely and effectively deliver product for customers, with competency and professionalism.
• Oversee day to day operations, as well as planning and completing begin to end of a job.
• Operate, transport, maintain and train with the HDD in hard pan and compacted clay.
• Over 30% profit margin, via efficiency, quality management and innovative methodology. Biomedical Research, University California Riverside, Riverside CA January 2016-January 2017 Undergraduate Research Assistant under, Ph.D. Guillermo Aguilar
• The C-Samba project's goal is to develop ‘Window to the Brain’ cranial implant to allow receptive laser based treatment.
• Finding the balance of biocompatibility and antimicrobial necessity with favorable and transparent qualities is the key focus.
• Self-headed experiments of biofilm growth of bacteria on the ‘Window’ for transmission studies for postoperative infections. Material Science Research, University California Riverside, Riverside CA January 2014-May 2014 Undergraduate Research Assistant under, Ph.D. Cengiz Ozkan
• The objective of the research is to produce large areas of high quality thin crystalline films for technological use.
• The delivery of such films is possible due to the nature of such dichalcogenides and its layered lattice of weak van der waal in- termolecular interaction.
Sales Delivery, Sherwin-Williams, Ontario CA January 2014-May 2014 Part-Time Driver
• Collaborated with multiple branches of the organization to deliver timely and efficient pick ups and deliveries.
• Learned to balance a twenty plus hour work schedule and being a full time student over the school year. Skills:
• Computer: Solid-Works (CSWA), MatLab, LabView, Google Drive, Dropbox, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mac Pages.
• Equipment Operator: Milling machine, Drilling bench, skid steer, backhoe, medium/heavy duty dump trucks, excavator, trencher, Horizontal Directional Drill and forklift.
• Traveling: Mexico, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Gibraltar, England, Spain, France, Italy and Portugal.