Luis J García Torres
*** ********* **** **, ****** City IA 50436
To obtain a challenging position as an electrical engineer in order to enhance my engineering skills and knowledge.
University of Puerto Rico- Mayaguez Campus Aug 2010 - May 2014 Degree: Bachelor in Science of Electrical Engineering
• GPA: 3.44, Cum Laude
Motorhomes Manufacturing Forest City, IA Nov 2017- Present Winnebago Industries Inc.
• Wiring the cables around the chassis.
• Adjust and screw metal pieces to the chassis.
Department of Electrical Engineering Design Guaynabo, PR Nov 2014 – Nov 2017 CMA-Architects &Engineers LLC
Industrial, Commercial & Residential Designs
• Provide expert assistance for multiples projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
• Develop the engineering design for lighting, receptacles and data devices, power distribution, grounding, low voltage infrastructure, fire alarm system, emergency power system, and UPS design, among others.
• Develop electrical design for special occupancies areas, such as, GMP rooms and classified areas.
• Proficient knowledge of state building codes, energy codes, NEC and NFPA codes.
• Prepare engineering calculations such as arc flash analysis, protective devices coordination, voltage drop, lighting photometric and cost estimates for project budgeting and construction.
• Prepare technical specifications for bid and construction documents, evaluate submittal, RFI
(Request for Information) and shop drawing for construction approval.
• Coordination of electrical work with other disciplines to fully integrate project requirements Department of Protection Setting & Analysis Allentown, PA May 2013-Aug. 2013 PPL Electric Utilities
Summer Intern (Cooperative Associate)
• Assist the lead Electrical Engineering in preparing engineering calculations such as load flow analysis, short circuit analysis, protective devices coordination and transient stability studies. Skills
• Technical Software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, CAPE- Computer Aided Protection Engineering, CYME- Power Engineering Software and Solutions, SKM System Analysis Inc. and AGI 32- Lighting Analysis Illumination Engineering software.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English.