Michael W. Coleman
firstname.lastname@example.org 408-***-**** linkedin.com/in/4michaelcoleman San Jose, 95119 Incredibly self-motivated, highly skilled and knowledgeable professional in the area of design management with immense capabilities to surpass all client expectations. Equipped with exceptional knowledge in Interaction Design, User Interface Design, Information Architecture, Front-End Development, and Project Management, skills include Status reporting, milestone tracking, management communications, resource and risk-assessment planning.
Areas of Expertise include:
Design: Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere), Sketch 3, InVision Development: Hands-on with HTML5, CC3, JSON, MongoDB, WordPress, React, Angular SIKKA SOFTWARE - San Jose, CA 2016 - 2017 1 year 9 months DIRECTOR, UI/UX Design & Development
As the Design Director working with Product Managers, Engineers and key stakeholders, designed and built many of the company’s web based SaaS products including mobile apps for iOS & Android. Created initial wireframes and prototypes to full fledge front-end interfaces used by engineering. Coordinating on- shore and off-shore development teams through the project process. Key Accomplishments:
• Spearheaded the successful and widely welcomed Practice Mobilizer (practicemobilizer.com) launch.
• Helmed the building of Sikka's partner program and registration. ABOUTLIFE (acquired by NerdWallet) - San Francisco, CA 2015 - 2015 8 months DIRECTOR UI/UX Design & Development
Skillfully implemented the UI Design for a cutting edge retirement space and personally saw to the creation of UI standards for engineering. Also was responsible for developing the design for iOS & Android. Managed the communication and actual deliverables communicating to upper management status of releases.
• Mastermind behind the successful launch of the aboutLife website (aboutlife.com) TYNKER - Mountain View, CA 2013 - 2015 1year 11 months DIRECTOR, UI/UX Design & Development
Crucial work in the overall UI/UX Design which require a number of responsibilities such as the development of wireframes for internal review, final coding on the front end, and developed prototypes for iOS and Android, and ran user testing with kids, and designing setup project responsibilities, work orders, and risk management of requirements and set milestones. Key Accomplishments:
• Conceived and managed the design used the for school districts for on-boarding schools, teachers, and students.
• Produced the design and requirements for the Sylvan Learning product experience for Coding for Kids. Managed the overall project, resourcing, communication with client and milestones. VERIOUS - San Carlos, CA 2011 - 2013 2 years 2 months DIRECTOR, UI/UX Design & Development
Excelled with the task of ensure quality product design, end user testing, and tracked the response of design standards across platforms (iOS & Android). Devised and deployed UI/UX design, strategy, and brand initiatives and front end development with engineers, overall requirement gathering for the first mobile component marketplace.
• Sold over 30,000 mobile components through companies such as T-Mobile, AT&T, and Microsoft by directly assembling the UI experience and requirements with partners. TRUSTE (now TrustArc) - San Francisco, CA 2010 - 2011 11 months DIRECTOR Design & Operations
Executed the web operations of TRUSTe's web strategies, design & development for mobile, commerce, analytics, social media, and user experience design as well as ensuring the optimistic direction of TRUSTe's online presence and eCommerce properties.
• Forged and confirmed the designs for TRUSTe's first mobile products.
• Diligently applied skills in Google App Marketplace with the establishment of TRUSTe's partner system.
VMWARE - Palo Alto, CA 2008 - 2009 1 year 7 months SR. GROUP MANAGER, MARKETING OPERATIONS
Oversaw the design and usability standards, marketing systems and conversions, analysis and reporting, process optimization, production, and development including off-shoring, in addition to heading up the conception of the design and production of VMware's flagship website (vmware.com). Managed agencies and designers, gathering requirements across the organization. Key Accomplishments:
• Motivated the effort to rebranding of VMware's 33 different web properties in 2009 and all included 13 international sites. Managing all aspects of the rebrand and new user experience. CALLIDUS SOFTWARE - San Jose, CA 2003 - 2008 5 years SR. GROUP MANAGER, WEB PROPERTIES
Zeroed-in on the system planning, design and production, Web technologies and coding standards, and the design and development of their flagship website (callidussoftware.com). Managed vendors and overall initiatives communicating to upper manage of status of projects. Key Accomplishments:
• Increased the site usability and satisfaction by 56% and the user retention by 28%.
• Solely responsible for the production and management of redesigns of the site in 2005, 2007. VERISIGN - Mountain View, CA 1998 - 2003 5 years 5 months SR. GROUP MANAGER, WEB PROPERTIES
Personally monitored the online design and development, multi-site strategies, user experience, information architecture, branding, customer satisfaction and online marketplaces. Was also responsible for integrating many of the acquisition VeriSign had done over the years. Managed teams on both the east and west coast through mergers. Was responsible for a million dollar budget allocated to resources and agencies.
• Maximized customer satisfaction of VeriSign's flagship website by 23%, and the site performance and reliability by 50% which attained the rank of 2.20 by the Keynote Business 40 Internet Performance Index.
• Cut the operating costs and responsibility for the increase in readership of the VeriSign's Connection by 40%. Education / Training
• (Design and Video Creation) - De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
• (Programming Concepts) - UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA