Brooklyn, NY 11235
A wealth of expertise in global production support of large scale E-Trading, Credit/Market Risk management and
Asset Under Management reporting systems
Extensive top-tier investment bank and asset management firm Information Technology experience
An analytical, result oriented problem solver with a track record of complex technical solutions delivery to achieve critical business goals and objectives
Strong management and leadership skills
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Tools: MS Office, Visio, Sharepoint, SAP Web Intelligence, Lotus Notes, SSMS, Toad, DBArtisan,
Aqua Data Studio, Informatica, Pentaho, Mercury/Rational/RadView/Silk Testing tools, Autosys,
SysAdmiral, SVN/Maven, ITSM, CA PPM, Peregrine, HP Service, eXtrasheet, JIRA, ServiceNow
Methodologies: SDLC - Waterfall, Agile, ITIL
Databases: Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server
Trading Technologies: FIX, ITCH, STP, ION, MQSeries, Tibco, RMDS, Markit, Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Tradeweb, eSpeed, Calypso, Charles River
Products: Fixed Income, Rates, Equities, FX, Commodities, Derivatives, market data, investment strategies, Valuation Adjustments (CVA, DVA, FVA), PnL, risk management, compliance, regulatory reporting, alternative investments and portfolio management
Feb 2016 - Present Neuberger Berman, Corporate Business Technology – New York, NY
Lead Application Support Specialist / Consultant
Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Lead the effort to support the Finance, Client Coverage and Portfolio Management, demonstrating a high level of initiative, assertiveness, versatility and flexibility, with primary focus on Asset Under Management (AUM) Reporting,
Billing and Payment Systems.
• Manage activities of the legacy system decommissioning, define and coordinate the support solutions for newly developed portal.
• Daily functions include to ensure that systems are available to the business within SLAs and with accurate data, monitoring issues' ticketing queues to provide analysis, prioritization and resolution of service request, incident, change and problem management tickets.
• Manage deployment and release of changes into production environment, support monthly metric reporting, participate in disaster recovery and continuity management, provide applications’ attestation to external company audit.
• Develop relationships with other IT groups to ensure all issues are addressed in a clear and effective manner and keeping business partners updated at all times.
May 2006 - Jan 2016 JP Morgan Chase Co, Corporate & Investment Bank: Risk & Finance Technology – New York, NY
Senior Application Support Analyst / Application Service Delivery Lead
Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Located on the Trading Floor, lead Global Level 1 Operate team to provide a client facing support for the Credit and Market Risk applications in the Investment Bank. Manage Front, Middle Office and Finance controllers client relationship on a day-to-day basis including delivery, analysis, reporting of batches results – counterparty exposures, CVA, DVA & FVA risk and PnL. Work extensively with the global support Level 1 and Level 2 teams to ensure business SLAs are met as well as risk and PnL deadlines on a daily basis and for month-quarter-year end closing.
• Provide guidance and assistance to traders and controllers and to deal with:
• data quality issues in upstream/downstream feeds by working with various operations and finance teams to make corrections
• batch results issues (failures, mispricing, rollbacks, misallocations) by advising on adjustments, freeze/exclude, risk sensitivities
• credit, market risk and PnL reporting and reconciliation; CVA, DVA & FVA risk exposure, settlement, netting, collateral and ratings inquiries, VaR calculation, limits monitoring, stress run
• sign-off for book (CVA & FVA) and hedge sides, loans valuation process; reconciliation to ledger and profitability reporting.
• play significant part behind the business meeting 100% T+2 PnL and Risk sign-off and Month End by BD5.
• Manage production issues to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business and technology partners. The majority of calls are complex and time sensitive requests/issues that need deep investigation, analysis, check of source code, procedures and logs, then further follow-up. Take ad hoc requests with fast turnaround.
• Raise defects with Application Development (AD) teams and creating the workarounds to deliver the quickest solution possible so business can continue to use the system.
• Host calls with Operate, AD, DBA, SA, and business to resolved production outages, batch delays/failures and major data quality issues. Followed up with detailed root cause analysis, enhancement and defect fix JIRA tasks to address.
• In partnership with business and AD help to define capacity and resiliency requirements to improve production environment performance, reliability and stability. Work with AD to implement fixes to reduce operational risk, and reduce manual tasks and touches to production.
• Train L1 and L2, and L3 global teams to support applications investigations, issues resolution, ad hoc requests, and to provide workarounds when needed.
• Create support process documentation to reflect up-to-date representation of the environment and knowledge share articles for tasks/requests/issues raised in the incidents/tickets/calls for future reference.
• Run the weekly meeting with business, operate and developers to review outstanding issues, data and system changes to ensure the impact is managed and controlled.
• Perform back testing across risk systems, investigating anomalies, liaising with quantitative research team and interacting with senior technology and business management on formal and informal reporting needs. Support extensive auditing for feeds, reporting data and stress processes.
• Participate in weekend activities such as production releases, disaster recovery, platform/data migration.
Nov 1998 - May 2006 JP Morgan Chase Co, Central Technology & Operations:
Application Development & Testing Support Services – New York, NY
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst / Practice Lead
Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Managed a team of QA analysts to provide Production Certification Services Quality Assurance of the client-server and
e-commerce applications for software developers and business users.
• Created testing strategy, statement of work, test plan and assigned tasks to team members.
• Verified application functionality utilizing manual and automated test cases and scripts.
• Tested application performance utilizing automated tools against various internet browsers and operating system platforms.
• Worked closely with QA team members of various experience levels to develop and enforce QA methodologies and procedures.
• Generated problem reports, entered issues into the defect tracking and reporting database, and followed-up.
• Provided timely and effective feedback to project management, business analysts and developers.
• Managed QA Lab facility.
• Promoted QA services to development and business groups.
Apr 1997 - Oct 1998 Chase Manhattan Bank, Global Bank Management and Information Systems – New York, NY
Systems Developer / Consultant
Participated in design and development of the Portfolio Review Directory utilizing Visual Basic 4.0, SQL Server 6.0, Access 2.0, Excel 5.0, Excel ODBC add-in, IDD add-in for Excel, Seagate Crystal Reports 4.5.
Portfolio Review Directory is a decision support and reporting system used for global lending and commercial loan portfolio management. The Directory contains key information about each company and provides the analyst with the ability to generate the Credit Exposure Analysis spreadsheets by downloading data from CompuStat database via IDD link.
Performed Quality Assurance functions for the implementation of GSF DealNet extranet application that uses web technology to facilitate the distribution of Loan Documentation for leveraged and investment grade deals to syndicate members.
Master’s Degree, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics & Statistics
Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine