Ballston Lake, NY 12019
Manager, Sales and Service 1999 - 2017
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc., Glenville, NY
• Responsible for annual revenue of $75 million
• Managed staff of 100 employees
• Maintained terminal profitability with an average of 82 O.R.
• Reduced turnover by building a safe and productive team
• Improved OS & D procedures, reducing overall claims
• Oversaw monthly safety training to ensure terminal compliance
• Utilized extensive knowledge and skill of transportation logistics to significantly improve efficiency of deliveries by 35%, effectiveness of manpower by 25%, and accuracy to 99%
• Reduced costs of office staff 25% by restructuring functions, eliminating redundancies, properly training and cross-training staff, and performing regular employee reviews Canadian Operations
Coordinated all domestic and import shipments. Properly cleared all shipments for customs using PARS System.
• Tripled sales team with a growth of 18% per year
• Developed three President Club winners under my management
• Cultivated excellent long term relationships with clients maintaining ongoing communications
• Calculated sales forecast for the new year
• Trained new sales reps, monitored performance and compared monthly growth figures
• Developed sales strategies for high stress market conditions Northeast Regional Hub Manager
Coordinated proper loading of all freight to insure next day service for 18 facilities Manager, Sales and Service 1989 - 1999
Central Transport, Latham, NY
Responsible for ensuring facility has proper staffing and tools to provide damage free, on-time service into and out of the Northeast terminals
• Developed and implemented processes to improve performance and address issues with customers and sales team
• Maintained terminal and fleet to compliance with DOT and OSHA regulations as well as scheduling, payroll, discipline, training and customer service
• Managed year budget including cost-cutting measures Professional
Team building for management,
leadership and front line
managers. Utilized Clarity,
humor, well defined goals and
positive work ethic to establish
a spirited organizational culture
throughout the facility.
E-5 Honorable Discharge
Six years training in logistics
supply. Supported all Alert
Aircrafts. Maintained inventory
assets of $100,000,000.
References upon request
Transportation management with a proven record of profitability and cost efficiency in administration, operations, safety and sales.