Ph: 905-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Profile Summary
● Completed The Foreign Trained Co –op From Dufferin Peel Adult Learning Center
● Completed The Co- op Training as Software QA Analyst From Lingo Media Inc.
● Over Two years of diversified experience in Software Quality Assurance with requirement analysis, testing of Financial, Insurance, Telecom and E-Commerce software applications.
● Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle
● Extensive knowledge of Software Testing Methodologies, standards and procedures such as creating Test strategy, Test plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Defects tracking, and Test reports for manual and automated test environments
● Proficient in Functional, Smoke, Ad hoc, Regression, System, Black Box, Integration and User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
● Contribute to the creation of Test Plans, including requirement gathering, validation, execution and maintenance of Test Scripts.
● Extensive experience in Back-End Testing using SQL queries, working knowledge of databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and MS-Access.
● Experience in Automation Testing using Quality Center (Test Director) and QTP.
● Executed and maintained automation test scripts for regression suites and smoke tests.
● Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and traced the requirements to the corresponding test cases.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills and a team player. Able to work in multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
● Quick learner of new tools and technology with excellent academic record. Technical Skills
Testing Tools Quality Center 10.0, QTP 10.0, Load Runner 9.5 Defect Management Tools Quality Center 10.0, MS-Excel, JIRA,Youtrack Operating Systems (OS) Unix, Linux, Windows
Database Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Scripting Languages VB Script, Java Script
Web Languages HTML and XML
Browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome EXPERIENCE:
Project: Learning Management System August 27 – October 30 2013 Role : As QA Analyst as Co-op
Client: Lingo Media Inc Toronto
Environment : XML, JAVA,Windows NT
Lingo Media is a leader in developing and marketing English Language Learning products Services to support Learners of English through out various Life stages From Class room to boardroom.
● Prepared detailed report of bugs and defects pass/ fail reports and comparison analysis and interacted with the development team
● Created Scenarios based on Business Conditions and Functions
● Participated in Team Meeting and discussed about the project
● Created issues in Bug tracking tool Youtrack
Project: Client Online Banking Application 2011 April -2010 October Role: QA Analyst
Client: Axis Bank, India
Tools: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner Environment: HTML, XML, DHTML, ASP, ASP.NET, Applets, Servlets, Oracle, UNIX, Windows NT Description:
Client Online Banking Application provides access to information relating to Banking Online Services provided by Axis to View daily customer transactions, Current and Previous customer statements, Transfer funds from Chequing and Savings accounts, Order Cheques, Bill payments, Current Rates for Term Deposit.
● Gathered and reviewed business/functional requirements, use cases, design and architecture documents
● Performed gap analysis on the received documents to ensure that there are no gaps
● Requested for project overview and application overview from business perspective for better understanding
● Documented detailed test cases by incorporating both positive and negative condition in test plan tab of Quality Center
● Mapped both test scenarios and test cases to requirements in Quality Center using requirement coverage functionality
● Identified test cases for Sanity testing based on the business priority
● Executed Sanity test cases on the received build to validate the stability of the build as per Testers Acceptance testing
● Executed test cases from quality center to perform functionality, regression, system integration, End to End, GUI, Cross Browser, URL navigation, Content and Database testing
● Performed Regression upon receiving new builds and updated the test cases according to the new build
● Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database, prioritizing the bugs and keeping track of them through defect tracking database Greason data Systems 2010 September- 2010 January
Role: Junior Tester
Client: Syndicate Bank, India
Project: Core Banking Application
Environment: Test Director, SQL, UNIX
Core banking solution is a comprehensive, integrated yet modular business solution which handles the strategic and day to day processes of the bank. Consumer and Corporate banking modules are functional modules of core banking solution. The objective of this project was to test new features and maintenance of application modules like Saving/Checking accounts, Current accounts, overdrafts, deposits and loans.
● Analyzed requirements, executed test cases manually, validated test results, determined defects, recorded and reported defects.
● Extensively performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Integration and Regression Testing
● Verified the data stored in the database with the help of SQL queries for data validation and verification.
● Used Test Director for planning, scheduling, running tests, and defect management.
● Performed Integration testing to test the interfacing between the modules.
● Verified the data stored in the database with the help of SQL queries for data validation and data verification.
2013 Co-op Program Dufferin peel Adult Learning Center Mississauga 2012 Software QA Analyst Training Global ERP Solutions Brampton 2004 Master of Science in IT Punjab Technical University India 2002 Bachelors in Physics Kerala University India