Sarika Katti Sr QA Engineer
408-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarikapramod Cupertino, CA https://kattisarika.github.io/my-passion-be/ Summary
8+ years of experience in QA, development and client co-ordination.
● Strong system analysis capability and extremely good understanding of the system and work-flows.
● Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and testing web-applications using Web 2.0 technologies.
● Strong technical background, excellent analytical ability, good debugging skills, good communication skills, team player, goal oriented and ability to learn new technologies as required Skills
Travel Destiny: Travel Destiny is an application which allows users to mark or pin a place of interest or event or activity. Built with React, Node, Express and Mongo
Movie Search: Search for your favorite movie. Uses MovieDB API. Built with React, Node, Express and Mongo Experience
33Across Sunnyvale, CA
Sr QA Engineer June 2017 – Oct 2017
Reviewed training material and was involved in API and UI testing. RetailNext San Jose,CA
Sr QA Engineer Oct 2014 – Oct 2016
RetailNext provides retail analytics to stores. We provide traffic metrics, employee or staffing metrics, demographics, average transaction and many other metrics by using camera and wifi beacons to track in the stores . Responsibilities:
● Architected Test methodology to test various systems.
● System testing and troubleshoot customer centric issues. Analyze the bugs reported by the customers and coordinate between development team, product management team and execute UAT (User Acceptance Test Cases).
● Worked on Report testing, vulnerability tests, which involved end to end system testing
● Worked on automation, selenium
● Interacted with Russia team on a regular basis and coordinate. BlackArrow San Jose,CA
Sr QA Engineer June 2012 – Sept 2014
BlackArrow specializes in advanced advertising solutions in the VOD space and in Linear space. Our product has various components POIS, CIS, RULESCORE, ADROUTER .
● Architected Test methodology to test various systems in VOD and release of few components.
● System testing and troubleshooting customer centric issues.
● Analyzed the bugs reported by the customers and co-ordinated between development team, tech support team and execute UAT (User Acceptance Test Cases).
● Worked on Report testing, which involved end to end system testing, used selenium for automation
● Interacted with India team on a regular basis and coordinate. Innopath Sunnyvale,CA
QA Engineer May 2010 – May 2012
InnoPath specializes in mobile device management with core functionality being FOTA (Firmware Update Over Air) and SDM (software Device Management).
● Patch testing and troubleshooting customer centric issues. Analyzed the bugs reported by the customers and co-ordinate between development team, TAM and execute UAT (User Acceptance Test Cases).
● Interacted with China team on a regular basis and coordinate and handled QA for various components of the system.
● Installed and troubleshoot the product on Solaris 10 boxes and on VMware boxes.
● Involved in MTAS performance test; MTAS scripts are mainly in python. Macys (through Radiansys) SFO,CA
Sr QA Analyst Feb 2010 – May 2010
Bloomingdales website. Application involves in sending feed to the Bloomingdale’s partners to sell products in various online stores. Partners are confidential to Macys and would not be disclosed. Responsibilities:
● Reviewed and updated test cases.
● Initiated the concept of “Requirement Based Testing”
● Wrote small shell scripts to test the data and send report. Financial Crossing SFO,CA
Software Engineer July 2008 – Jan 2009
Liability Manager is a SAAS solution, developed for the financial advisors to manage debts of clients and provide them a best mortgage solution . The financial advisor would use Liability Manager to enter the client assets and liabilities and on submit, the software would generate the 3 best mortgage plan for purchase of new home or refinancing. Responsibilities:
● Worked with business and user groups to identify and implement functional enhancements and new requirements.
● Understood mortgage domain and the various use cases to test the product.
● Won the “best bug catcher” gift price, for catching the highest number of bugs in the application. Raised the bugs in JIRA and allocated them to the assigned developer.
Software Engineer Dec 2007 – June 2008
Pathiam is cancer detection web application software which marks the abnormal/affected area of the biopsy. LIS is Laboratory information system which is used for storing the patient details and creating patient records. Pathiam talked to LIS through a web service call, to get the details of the user(histotechnician, histologist), once authenticated the user could access Pathiam features to import image, view the image, mark FOV(field of Views) and comment on the cancer affected cells and generate the report for the patient and signoff the case. Responsibilities:
● Product installation, testing in client location and logged bugs in JIRA. Prepared design documents and technical-notes.
● Pathiam would talk to the LIMS after the user (histotechnicians, histologists) have been authenticated, through web service calls and then the user would be allowed to login to Pathiam application. Satyam Computer Services India, Redwood City,CA
Sr Software Engineer Mar 2005 – Nov 2007
Customer : Electronic Arts (EA)
Developed NFSPS, a web application, Using which users can receive SMS on their mobile and login in to the specific EA game. Responsibilities:
● UAT test plan and test cases.
● Development of server side program, to receive mails from the INBOX using POP3 protocol, send SMS through NFSPS application, deployed web service, developed using Axis1.1 on Orion App server. Used JDBC, Connection Pooling for database connectivity with Oracle.Involved in writing PL/SQL in Oracle database.Deploying the Application on Orion Application Server by creating War/Jar/Ear files.
● Created HLDD using StarUML. Prepared release notes and technical documentation. Responsible for training the developers/internal testers of EA to understand the application/product. Customer : Hearst Media
Developed COIN (Common order entry & invoice) is a web application used internal Hearst to maintain their customer orders and billing
● Onsite/Offshore Client Co-ordination.
● Programming and Development of Modules involving Java, JSP, Servlets; used TOAD for PL/SQL queries to fetch and add data from the back end, Oracle 9.1 database;
● The application is running on Weblogic 8.1 server;
● Worked on Crystal Reports (modification of existing crystal reports and re-deploying them). Customer : Optus
System Integration Testing between the Optus infrastructure and Telstra exchanges. The SIT involved testing of various systems like SAP, Citrix and Arbor (Telecom Billing system) and SingTel’s OPOM (Order Processing and Order Management). Responsibilities:
● Analyzed the systems involved in the OPTUS Telecom network for VOIP.
● Identified various scenarios, prepared test plans and test case; used Test Director for loading all
● the test cases.
● Performed manual testing;Scripting the peer to peer, cluster and end to end test cases for the identified scenarios on VOIP .
● Understood Telecom domain and VOIP, VAS.
● Environment: Test director and UNIX and Citrix Systems, SAP. CMC Hyderabad India, Hyderabad,CA
Java Faculty Apr 2004 – Mar 2005
● Prepared training material on Java and XML.
● Trained students on Java and XML and Innova solution employees on XML Ebizinusa.com Singapore
Web Analyst 2001 – 2003
● Involved in development B2B portal.
● Test the application based on the requirements
Command International, India India
Programmer Analyst Dec 1999 – March 2000
● Created MIB for the SNMP manager using ASN1.1
● Performed manual testing to verify if the device read the same value as captured in the MIB. Education
THINKFUL April 2017
Full Stack Flex / Engineering Immersion
Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Mar 2000
● Graduated with a first class in my Engineering