Spyros Tsekouras Curriculum Vitae
Unit 108 – 15 Bater Avenue Mobile: +1-416-***-**** Toronto, Ontario
Canada M4K 2C1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• I have worked in Ontario, Canada, as an Architectural technologist-designer, and in Greece, as a freelance Architect and an associate in Architecture practices.
• 13 years of experience in designing work, construction supervision, production information generation and presentation work.
• Worked for the design and renovation of over thirty houses or residential buildings and spaces, as well as that of museums, restaurants, veterinary hospitals, kennels, auditoria and commercial spaces.
• Strong background and extensive studies in Sustainable Architecture.
• LEED GA. (US Green Building Council).
• Recognized as an Intern Architect by the CACB.
• Member of the Greek Architects Association and the Greek Technical Institute.
• Real estate work experience: cost appraisals of apartments, and mediation for the sale apartments in Athens, Greece.
• Good user of:
-Architectural and rendering software: Revit, AutoCad, Cadware, Sketch Up, ArchiCad, ArtLantis render.
-Photoshop and Lightroom.
• Familiarity with:
THERM, Passive House Planning Package 9 (Passive House Institute software), Hevacomp, Ecotect Analysis, CFDs (Computational Fluid Dynamics), 3D Studio Max. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
August 2015 - present ADVANCED CANADIAN HOMES INC. Toronto Architectural technologist-Designer in partnership
• Production of presentation, working and planning permission application drawings.
• Residential design work with review of applicable codes and standards.
• Platform: Autocad 2015, Revit.
January 2014-June 2015 NA Engineering Associates INC. Stratford, Ontario Employed Architectural technologist-Designer
• Production of presentation and working drawings.
• Development of residential designs with review of applicable codes and standards.
• Assistance with the preparation of project specifications.
• Field measuring activities, including surveying.
• Platform: Autocad 2015, Revit.
January 2010 - April 2013 Freelance Practice Architect Athens, Greece
• Work on general planning permission application and building regulations issues.
• Work for the design and drafting of a 400 m2 house.
• Work for the production of planning permission application and 3D computer renderings of a four-story, 560 m2 apartment building.
• Platform: ArchiCAD 12
Spyros Tsekouras- Curriculum vitae 2 of 3
October 2008 – January 2010 MOUSTROUFIS AND ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTURE, Athens, Greece Architect in partnership (contract)
• Design of a 2850 m2 office building in Athens, Greece.
• Production of planning permission application drawings, presentation drawings, and 3D renderings for that project.
• Production of planning permission application and presentation drawings of some other minor projects.
• Platform: ArchiCAD 11, ArtLantis R.
June 2006 – October 2008 ARCHITEKTONIKI TECHNICAL S.A – Th. & Th. Serafidis, Athens, Greece Architect in partnership
• Design of a seven story apartment building of a total floor area of 1120 m2.
• Design of a five story apartment building of a total floor area of 570 m2.
• Production of all drawings, and undertaking of all work relevant to the issuance of the planning permission of the aforementioned projects, in co-operation with the relevant planning authorities.
• Work on the design, drafting, and planning permission issuance preparation work for the internal modification of existing buildings' spaces, addition of storeys on existing buildings, and demolition permits.
• Preliminary design of a one-story dwelling of 150 m2.
• Participation in the design of other apartment buildings.
• Extensive work on drawings' production.
• Work for the completion of the planning permission application and issuance process of various projects.
• Platform: CADWARE
August 2005 – June 2006 ERGON ANAPTYXIAKI S.A Athens, Greece Architect in partnership (contract)
• Supervision of the building work on a project that comprised a three-story apartment building (three flats per story) and two complexes of three 3-storey pitch-roofed houses.
• Minor design and drafting work associated to the construction, using MS Excel for the completion of data relevant to the construction, the placement of orders, etc. February 2004 – August 2005 BETAWAY LTD Athens, Greece Employed Architect
• Production of 2D and 3D drawings of houses and industrial buildings.
• Design of a 350 m2 house in the outskirts of Athens, and produced 2D and 3D drawings for it.
• Participation in the design of two complexes of four small houses (60m2 each) on Aegina island, Greece, and production of 2D drawings and 3D computer renderings for them.
• New project evaluations and cost appraisals and clients’ briefing on the products and work of the company.
• Platform: AutoCAD 2004, ArchiCAD 8.1/9, Photoshop 6.0, ArtLantis. June 2003 –February 2004 G GENIAS AND ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTURAL PRACTICE Athens, Greece Employed Architect
• Work on production information drawings for the extension of a University conference center.
• Production of planning permission application drawings for a hotel on Lesvos island, Greece.
• Production of competition entry drawings for the extension of the port of Alexandroupolis railway station. (Greece).
• Production of planning permission application drawings for two apartment buildings in central Athens.
• Production of fire and safety design drawings for a high school in the town of Trikala, central Greece.
• Platform: AutoCAD 2004
September 1997 – August 1998 DOXIADIS ASSOCIATES S.A. Athens, Greece Student internship
• Worked on production information drawings for the control tower, the communications building, and the main terminal of the new International Airport of Athens.
• Worked on the room book and the door schedule of the communications building.
• Platform: Unicad (Hochtief software) and Microsoft Excel. Spyros Tsekouras- Curriculum vitae 3 of 3
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Course: Passive house design and construction, offered by the German Passive House Institute
• Master of Arts in Technology of Architecture, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• Diploma in Architecture, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• Master of Science in Renewable Energy and Architecture, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• Bachelor in Architecture, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Greek Ministry of Public Works permission to undertake the design of small public buildings and landscaping projects
• Language skills: Native speaker of Greek, Fluent in English, advanced French and Spanish.
• Worked on six occasions in Canada and in Greece, as a part-time draftsman for the production of 2D and 3D presentation and planning permission application drawings.
• Experience with Photography and photographic touch-up.
• Car available.
• Worked for the production of a construction details manual.
• Winner of a prize for a student team project concerning the design of an energy efficient office building. Drawings, renderings and photographs of the aforementioned projects, are available in my professional portfolio.