Results-oriented Electrical Engineer with a BS in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years experience assembling, designing, programming, testing, deploying and supporting electronic equipment and systems within schematic specifications. Strengths include independent problem solving, product/process improvement and attention to detail.
* Platforms: MS Windows 7/8/10, Linux, MS Office, VISIO
* CAD/Development Tools: MPLAB X IDE, Code Composer Studio, GCC, MatLab, LTspice
DipTrace PCB/Schematic Capture
* Languages: Python, C
* Test Instruments: Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Precision DMM
QA/Test Engineer 7/2016 to present
HF Controls, Carrollton, TX
* Tested advanced control system hardware to ensure that it conforms to strict quality standards. Utilized oscilloscope, signal generator, Hi-Pot tester, DMM, high voltage power supply.
* Verified test procedures documentation for clarity and accuracy.
* Set up equipment for board level and system integration tests. Collected test data; generated test reports.
* Troubleshoot electronic hardware to component level.
Test Engineer/Technician, 5/2015 to 10/2015
OPTEK Technology, Carrollton, TX
* Modified firmware for a photo optic product demonstration board to make code more efficient and improve the user interface. Coded in C on a Xilog Z8F082A.
* Designed software driver for a data acquisition module. Coded in C (Linux OS) on a Raspberry Pi B+.
* Brought to completion the design and layout of a printed circuit board for customer evaluation of optics products.
* Verified optics product specifications (flux, radiance, reflectance, wavelength) for visible & infrared LED,
photodiode and phototransistor products.
* Utilized goniometer, integrating sphere and spectro-radiometer instruments.
* Performed parameter testing of optics/sensor products before and after Hi-Pot and ESD stressing to verify product reliability.
Electrical Engineering Technician III, 09/2014 to 03/2015
Flextronics, Plano, TX
* Conducted functional and environmental testing and of analog, digital and power switching hardware.
* Troubleshot circuit failures to component level.
Electronic Technician, 09/2012 to 03/2014
CTDI, Flower Mound, TX
* Tested, debugged and repaired Calix telecom hardware assemblies to component level.
Systems/Electrical Engineering Technician, 01/2010 to 01/2012
Niitek, Inc., Dulles, VA
* Supported systems engineering in the successful 17 month timeline development of a Counter-IED Ground Penetrating Radar combat ready system.
-Assembled mechanical and electrical aspects of system prototypes.
-Created wire lists and performed rapid prototyping of cable and harness assemblies.
-Prepared system for execution of field testing. Troubleshot system issues when needed.
* Maintained high performance VISOR GPR system mounted on blast resistant vehicles.
* Assisted in the development and test of a Common Data Link radio system (13-15 GHz) for remote visualization.
Electrical Engineer, 08/2007 to 12/2008
Engineering System Solutions, Frederick, MD
Improved product reliability by investigating and solving problems regarding faulty power supply equipment.
* Assured the quality of an infrared strobe light by designing a test circuit to verify its functionality.
RF/Electronics Engineering Technician, 03/2006 to 03/2007
Americom, Inc., Hagerstown, MD
* Integrated Comtech Up-Down converters and redundancy switch into rack enclosure for a SATCOM terminal.
* Tested C and Ka band Block-up converters to verify 1 dB compression point.
* Assembled IF, RF, and data cables.
* Documented assembly, integration and test procedures.
Server Lab Support Engineer, IBM Corp., Austin, TX
* Implemented a secure computer network environment on Linux desktop systems.
Electrical Engineer, IBM Corp., Austin, TX
* Developed test hardware for injecting nondestructive faults a newly designed 8-way server.
- Designed single and double bit memory fault injector utilizing a CPLD device and VHDL.
- Injected the faults into IBM Netfinity 8-way server to test the response of the onboard diagnostics.
Senior Hardware Systems Engineer, CCI-TRIAD, Austin, TX
* Developed procedures for the configuration, integration and test of computer systems.
* Reduced cost of computer systems by transitioning from internal assembly line to an outside vendor.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, TX
Embedded Systems (using TI TM4C123) on www.edX.org 2014
Power electronics Analysis & Design on www.coursera.org 2013
Programming with MatLab on www.coursera.org 2015
Fundamental of Digital Image & video Processing on www.coursera.org 2014
Member of IEEE