Dilip Kumar Sundaram
Oracle PL/SQL Developer/ Technical Lead - ETL
***-**** ******** ****** ****, Toronto,
ON, M4A 2T3
• Over 9 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using RDBMS.
• Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
• Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
• Strong experience in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
• Served as SME and technical liaison between IT developers and business partners.
• Provided technical guidance and coaching to developers, and conducted code review
• Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
• Good knowledge in Oracle, PL/SQL, Performance tuning, Creating and maintaining appropriate indexes, optimizing queries using AWR/ADDM reports
• Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using crontab.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
• Technical lead for more than 3 years
Aug 2015 -
Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Technical Lead
Current Project :- Travelers Canada - Insurance - Toronto, Canada
• Led team that designed & developed 50+ PL/SQL data quality improvements.
• Worked in both Agile and Waterfall models.
• Created and implemented 30+ custom maintenance patches using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
• Created ETL data analysis and data correction software using Oracle SQL, TOAD, and TFS.
• Created full range of documentation of new software modules for deployment and support teams.
• Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
• Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
Apr 2013 - Jul 2015 Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Project#1 :- Fast Track Management – Health application - Insurance - Chennai, India
• Developed custom PL/SQL packages for gaps found in the ETL tools.
• Created shell scripts to automate data pull from remote FTP servers and imported the data through SQL Loader.
• Experience in Database Application Development, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete System Development Life Cycle.
• Conducted and improved database performance tuning by SQL statements, index tuning, creating materialized views, and data warehousing.
• Reviewed the deliverables done by my peers.
• Worked on Oracle performance tuning, Oracle AWR and ADDM reports May 2009 -
Oracle Developer/Analyst and Cognos Report Developer Project#2 :- Oracle America Inc- Phase Forward – Life science - Chennai, India
• Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
• Created and modified PL/SQL and SQL Loader scripts for data conversions.
• Worked in Cognos 7 reports development using report studio.
• Upgraded Oracle 9i to 10g software in different environments for latest features and also tested databases.
• Developed and modified triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
• Wrote SQL, PL/SQL programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling. 1
• Created indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans and views for hiding the actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
• Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints. Education
Aug 2004 -
Bachelors of Technology in Information Technology - Chennai, India Skills
Cognos report studio Development
Unix Shell scripting