JANNE TAMMINEN - AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTION PROFESSIONAL
Palo Alto, California
Creative and versatile professional with extensive international experience in live streaming, video-, music- and digital production. Established capa- bilities in managing different production operations from initial conception through final execution, while maintaining compliance with established deadline and budget. Adept at seamlessly completing tasks within high- stress, fast-paced working conditions. Demonstrated success in live streaming, shooting, video editing, vendor sourcing/negotiations and client relations.
- Received nomination for the 2009 Finnish Emmy Awards (Venla), roles: Director, Editor, Cameraman, Producer, Sound Design and Composer.
- Responsible for 360 camera tech and Street View imagery in San Fran- cisco for Google Inc. in 2016
- Youtube Music app Finnish team lead @Vaco at Google Inc.
- Live video streaming producer and technician for Howl Inc. San Francis- co
- Video Production Manager and Producer for TEDx Event in San Francis- co 2016
- Cameraman for Earth Network / Rovio production for “Angry Birds’ Friends” ad campaign in 2015
- Served as Co-Producer, Director, Editor, Cameraman, Studio Manager/ Operator for the Finnish version of America’s Funniest Home Videos from 1998 to 2014. Content management and quality control for Finnish AFV DVD-production and partner (Disney, ABC) footage deliveries. Encoding operator for all productions.
- Video Editor for the music videos on the television show “Idols” 2005
- Writer, Co-Producer, Director, Editor and Camera Operator for “Metal Syndrome”, a feature length music documentary and tv & web series. 2012 - 2016 and “Viking Geeks”, feature length documentary about Nordic startups in the Silicon Valley. Both premiered at theaters in Fin- land.
- Creating the first Finnish online video community, Finnish Funny Homev- ideos- webshow at Channel 4 Finland. Encoding, quality control and content curation/management in 2004 (Before Youtube)
- Wrote, directed and edited more than 50 music videos for top perform- ing artists in Finland between 1995 and 2005 for national and in- ternational distribution.
AI & Machine learning Modeler at Welocalize at Apple Inc. Cupertino 2018 - present
Live Streaming Operator at HowliveTV Inc. San Francisco 2018 - present
responsible for managing and executing live productions as a robot cam- era operator, visual mixer, audio engineer and encoding technician. Music Research Coordinator via Vaco at Google Inc. Mountain View 2016 - 2017
Helped Youtube to improve their Music app. Responsible for quality con- trol, video metadata accuracy and analytics.
Street View 360 Camera Technician at Google Inc. San Francisco 2016 Improved Google Street View image quality, accuracy, 360 photo acquisi- tion process and workflows.
CEO @ JT Productions LLC (Finland, USA) 2002-2005, 2011-2016 Video production coordinator, tv director, video editor, audio producer. Founded the company and grew from 1 to 9 person international team across Europe and USA. Various productions from tv ads to documen- taries and music videos.
CEO @ London Studioworks LLC (UK) 2009-2011
Provided services focused on all television production operations, includ- ing live video streaming, video editing, lighting, camera operating, produc- ing, script writing & editing, graphic design, animation, encoding + quality control & content management and technical/IT support. CEO @ Emeared LLC (Spain) 2005-2009
Responsible for founding the company, helping international clients to cre- ate audiovisual marketing content in southern Spain. Producer and direc- tor for multiple television ads and marketing videos. CTO, Iotacom LTD, Helsinki Finland Jan 2001 - Dec 2001 Live Streaming producer and engineer, cameraman, video editor, animator, encoding/compression technologies. Responsible for all aspects of streaming video production, from script to streaming servers to live events. Rich mobile solutions and mobile media. Developing video content for Nokia 9210 phones, and other mobile devices.
Project Manager, Match On Sports LTD, London UK Feb 2000 - Jan 2001
Digital Video Editor for multimedia productions and live streaming video producer. Producer, writer, director and video editor during Euro2000 foot- ball games. Mac & PC and tech support at London office. Operator, Technical Manager, Channel 4 Finland Jan 1997 - Jan 2000 Director, Visual Mixer, Robot-camera operator in live broadcasts. Editor for News, feature documents, Tosi-TV (internationally known as Real-TV), and other television productions. Quality control, distribution, video conversion and encoding operator for cd-rom productions and web. Macintosh/NT/ Windows95 –network administrator.
* Technical Operator, Video Editor, Networks at A4 MEDIA LTD., Helsinki, Finland, 1997
* Freelance Video Operator at Hockey World Championships, Helsinki Fin- land,1997
School of Commerce And Media Communications, Virrat Finland Bach- elor of Arts, 1995
- Final Cut Pro 7/X, Premiere Pro, Adobe CC, DVD Studio Pro, Color cor- rection using Resolve, After Effects, FCP, Magic Bullet etc.
- Very good knowledge of Macintosh, Mac OS X, mobile devices and Ba- sic knowledge of PC and Windows technologies and MS Office Suite, File Transfer Protocols and CDNs like Aspera.
- Multicam live streaming events for bands, theater plays, seminars, cor- porate events
- Sound engineering, audio sweetening, production audio, recording and mixing experience with Pro Tools and Logic Pro X.
- Live music/audio mixing and live visual mixing experience, music pro- ducing/composing, soundtrack scoring.
- Studio and on-location lighting setup and operation
- Directing on-camera hosts/talent and supervising voice-over sessions
- Writing scripts, treatments and voiceovers.
- Experience with both high end and prosumer video cameras such as Blackmagic, Canon DSLRs, Sony and Red Cameras.
- Knowledge of video codecs, encoding, transcoding, and overall video formatting for web, television, and mobile devices / Apple Compressor, MPEG Streamclip, Elgato Turbo.264HD etc.
Ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines, in a team or independently with little or no direction. Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones. Drive, hunger and the willingness to push for the best possible result and motivation for learning and self improving on the job. US Green Card holder.