ROBERT J. PAGLIARO
Q UALIF ICAT I ONS:
ACCOMPL ISHE D AS400 COMPUTER O PERAT IONS
W ITH SUPERVISORY E XPERIENCE.
• Managed corporate data center operations.
• Managed and d irected all M IS personnel for t he p urpose of performance evaluation,
salary administration, t raining, p romotion, and h iring.
• Excellent communications and leadership skills. Ability to motivate and i nterface
w ith all levels of m anagement and staff
• Implemented operational p rocedures and techniques i mproving efficiency and cost
of system operation. I w as Liaison with IBM and 3rd party software
• Created operations m anual and r un sheets.
• Installed latest software versions on AS400 (PTFs). P rocessed backups.
• Trained users on AS400 and PC software usage.
• Assisted i n t he creation and implementing of the d isaster recovery p lan .
• Developed written security plan on AS/400. Designed floor plan for d isaster recovery
• Evaluated AS/400 software package to i nsure fast, accurate, and durable processing.
• Set u p ESEND to send output to users. Worked w ith V ERITAS, E xecview,
APPWORKS, and Backup E xec. ROBOT
• I have w orked w ith STS software on a U NIX operating system,
• Processed Daily, M onthly, Quarterly, and Yearly jobs. U ploaded and downloaded
file from websites as necessary.
• Conducted file transfer protocols using SNA and TCP/IP connectivity. AS400 query
w riting and C L p rogramming experience. HMC experience. HVAC and UPS monitoring,
INTERCONT I N E N TAL CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT ING INC.,
• 09/01/2014 – C urrent
09/01/2014 u rrent
• Print O perator, plus A ssisted with P.C. problems, Disaster Recovery.
perator p lus ssisted p roblems,
STERLING NATIONAL BANK,
• 09/12/05 – 03/31/2014 Senior Computer Operations Analyst / Help Desk Analyst.
E nvironment: AS400, Citrix, Active Directory/Exchange, Jack Henry software, NSS
Teller Platform, MS OFFICE products Excel, Word, Outlook. plus other banking
applications and system operations including ARCSERVE Network backups.
• Utilized a knowledge of the bank’s systems. Maintain the operational status of the
Bank’s AS/400, desktop/laptop systems and peripherals. Submitted, Monitored, and
M anaged AS400 jobs, backups, and restores.
• Batch processing and scheduling in an HMC environment.
• Created and Maintained documentation: job logs, run sheets, BUDs.
• Performed problem determination. Applied PTF's.
• Responded to all customer request for assistance with computer and software
p roblems using independent judgment and problem solving skills.
• Responsible for providing AS400, BUDs, Help Desk, reports upon request from
m anagement. Plus BRMS experience and Remedy.
• Responsible for installation of AS400, desktop, and printing devices. Generate and
m aintain Help Desk Performance monitoring reports.
• Responsible for verifying pickup and delivery of AS400 and Network IT tapes.
• Worked with a Security Administrator Profile with All Object Authority.
• Worked with Active Directory, CITRIX, and Monitored Solarwinds.
APOLLO DISTRIBUTOR,10/11/04 - 09/12/05 M IS M anager.
• Environment: AS/400, Utilizing Dynax Solutions, N T Network, Image, and
• Bar Code Scanners.
• Provided technical support for AS400 and peripherals.
Job monitoring, and solving p roblems. M onitoring N T Network, P C's, hardware,
software, and network connection,
supported scanner software.
M anaged t wo employees. Ordered supplies.
P rovided r ecommendations and r esearch to i mprove operations.
V OLT T ECHN ICAL SERVICES,
• 06/18/04 - 0 9/17/04 Contract Computer Operator a t the I EEE Co.,
• E nvironment: Sun, H P, U NIX & I BM servers. R unning 10.7 and 1li O racle database
using Host Access and APPWORX job control software on a Windows N T system. Also,
Veritas 4.5 software for server backups on a T LD ROBOT. Plus batch processing
DONNA KARAN Co.,
• 05/18/00 - 02/29/04 Computer Operator.
• Environment consists of AS/400, U nix; STS retail & Novell network.
MEDI TAB CONSULT I NG,
• 03/98 - 05/00 Computer O perations M anager.
• Environment consists of AS/400, and Novell network.
• numerous AS/400 queries a nd medical b illing r eports.
POPULAR C LUB P LAN.
• 03/01/96 - 03/98 Senior Computer Operator.
• Environment consists of AS/400, 9221.
MACK BORING and PARTS COMPANY.
• 10/95 - 03/96 Systems Consultant.
• E nvironment consists of AS/400, M AC P C's, and L AN
VISIT I NG N URSE ASSOCIAT ION
• 08/93 - 09/95 Operations M anager.
• Environment consists of AS/400, P C's and L AN.
60 credits i n Business Administration
G raduate of Programming and Systems I nstitute