Carol A. (Horn) Rice
email@example.com **** Clubwood Trail
770-***-**** Marietta, GA 30068
Possessing more than 25 years of accounting experience from GL Accountant to Controller, I also have 16 years of Human Resource experience from recruiting to benefits administration. In my accounting and consulting roles, I have implemented more than 7 construction, real estate, and accounting software packages.
Tip Top Roofers Inc., Smyrna, GA 5/16 to 2/18
Commercial Roofing and Repair Company
• Assisted owners to bring accounting month end in-house.
• Implemented FCS to work in parallel with Maxwell.
• Created procedures for billing to reduce billing cycle from 6 weeks to 1 week.
• Managed Accounting Department with 1 AR/AP and 1 Billing Clerk staff members.
• Assisted in employee handbook revisions
Kennesaw State University Foundation Housing Management, L.L.C., Kennesaw, GA 2/07 to 5/16 Director of Finance, HR, & IT
Housing for Kennesaw State University students
• In absence of Director of Operations, manage day to day operations of $12 Million revenue generating, 7 building property with 3,046 bed living space and 3 retail space housing facility.
• Involved in growth of services from 5 properties, 1 retail space and 2000 beds to 7 buildings in 2007 to current size.
• Oversee installation of IT services equipment for new construction and retrofit existing building with budget of $250K.
• Increase electronic rent payments from 40% to 80% over 2 years resulting in a reduction of payroll for collections along with improved customer satisfaction.
• Directly supervise 4 employees and responsible for up to 50 employees.
• Implemented new time tracking system which cut payroll process from 3 days to 3 hours.
• Improved PTO tracking and reduced overtime by 1000 hours per year. Eliminated false hours.
• Updated accounting from previous property management company. Improved audit reporting time from 3 weeks to 3.5 days.
• Cut insurance costs by 33% for FYOY 2012-2013.
Critical Systems, L.L.C., Marietta, GA 9/02 to 1/07 Controller
Commercial Fire, Security, Access, CCTV, Suppression, Fire Extinguishing Company
• Wrote initial budget for start-up company with anticipated sales of $300K to breakeven.
• Worked with owners to grow staff from 4 employees to 20 over five years.
• Assisted owners as company grew to $3 Million in revenue with completion of 45 construction jobs and 15 inspections.
• Managed Accounting Department with 1 AR/AP staff member.
• Purchased, received, inventoried, and stored over $100K in inventory and parts per month. EDUCATION
Mercer University, Atlanta, GA
MBA concentration in Information Technology
University of Akron, Akron, OH
Bachelor of Science Business Administration in Accounting