Energetic and reliable professional with analyst mindset, decisive nature. Committed to ongoing professional development and research to ensure accuracy and innovation in management. INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
1. Senior BA/QA (co-op) –Skunkworks Innovation Team, CIBC, Canada. [Aug 2017 – Dec 2017] Key Roles:
- Defined and articulated project requirements by meticulously writing detail-oriented User Stories in Jira and ensured that the requirements stated by stakeholders were met.
- Implemented advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements and proactively worked with project teams to identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Made recommendations to improve existing stories to reduce effort, improve user experience and increase the team’s velocity by testing the product leveraging from agile techniques.
- Held various scrum meetings, product owner meetings, and ideation sessions to continuously innovate and provide our clients with the most efficient as well as creative application. Major Projects:
§ Money Monsters, Mobile Banking Application
- Facilitated sprint planning meetings where the team decided on priorities and the time/effort required to complete stories/work.
- Recognized by the team on presenting fresh and innovative ideas for new/existing features in the application, under the MVP and non-MVP categories.
§ Student Job Banking, Internal Web Banking Application
- Analyzed user needs and use-cases to define sprint scope.
- Assessed the coding effort required for each story, made necessary adjustments to ensure less time was consumed for low priority features.
- Consulted the stakeholders and the developers on the team and suggested improvements to ensure the banking application remained user-friendly.
2. Senior Business Systems Analyst (co-op) –B&CBT, CIBC, Canada. [May 2017 – Aug 2017] Key Roles:
- Worked closely with BAs and BSAs to scrutinize & understand Business requirements; gathered User, Functional and Non- Functional requirements & translated the requirements into User Stories for Scrum process
- Supported the lead BA in the generation of Business Requirement documents (BRD) and System to System Integration (SSI) documentation
- Used MS Office to support the improvement of an internal application which helped in improving the customer market and satisfaction.
- Responsible for identifying business trends utilizing real data, compiling analysis reports that were to be delivered to developers and then following-up on results as a Data Analyst. Major Projects:
Wholesale Automotive Lending – (Migration of data)
- Significantly contributed in creating Feeder Files and Integrated Data Requirements Agreement (IDRA) files by collaborating with different Business Analyst teams.
WhatIF, Internal Lending Web Application
- Exhibited the aptitude set of being Detail-Oriented and propelled comprehension of business needs by making ReportElement, Data Catalogue and System Specific Report Definition Documents utilizing MS Office. 3. Project Management Intern – RANS Mechatronics Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India. [Aug 2015 – Dec 2015] Key Roles:
- Demonstrated creative skills using MS Access – Database Management Systems, and Macros by preparing reports that helped management monitor the progress of capital projects leading to cost efficiencies.
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager with Project Set-ups, including examining documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Optimized sales in a cost-effective manner and involved in project planning, estimation, and timeline using agile methodologies Appreciated for diplomatically coordinating review meetings with clients and appropriate team members and directors.
§ Profit and Sales Optimization – Management Department
- Prepared Gantt Charts, evaluated slack time and provided revised estimations for the project in response to changing requirements Analyzed data and projected organization’s competitiveness in the marketplace and predicted future trends in sales.
- Appreciated by the manager for accepting challenges to manage uncertainty by making quick decisions and also took an initiative to present proposals to clients at review meetings.
- Interacted with clients and stakeholders to determine exact necessity; Analyzed data and worked on the feedback of the customers to improve quality and efficiency of the product. 5. Event Organizer - Sreenidhi Institute of Science &Technology, India. [Jan 2014]
- Strategically identified and communicated resource constraints and potential priority conflicts to assist the Event Manager in evaluating and reprioritizing deadlines.
- Galvanized team members to work in a result-oriented manner along by providing creative ideas. EDUCATION
Masters of Management Science [Sep 2016 – April 2018 (expected)] University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada. Per: 82.8% Relevant Courses:
Management and Leadership, Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior, Applied Economics for Management, Operations Research and Quantitative Data Analysis. Development Projects:
Statistical Analysis of Media – Research Paper, MSCI 609 – Quantitative Data Analysis (Team of 2) [Nov 2016]
- Used the quantitative data analysis skills learned from the coursework to debunk the misrepresentation of Research paper's data in the media report of Scientific studies -- achieved 100% on this project. Bachelor of Information Technology [Aug 2011 – Jun 2015] Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Institute, Hyderabad, India. Per: 82.9% (distinction) Relevant courses:
Software Engineering(SDLC-PMLC), Database Management System (RDBMS, SQL), Data Warehousing and Mining, Software Quality Assurance and Testing
§ Cut Detection in Wireless Network (Team of 3) [Mar 2014]
- Was accountable for documenting the detected signal problems in the electronic connection – Advanced Java.
- Assisted the team with full cycle project management of business cases and other strategic objectives for enhancements and new features for future extension to mobile networks.
- Appreciated by the mentor for completing the project ahead of time and with quality.
§ Advanced Library Management Tool [Dec 2013]
- Responsible for creating an innovative application that sends message alerts to the student’s mobile as notifications for returning the borrowed books to the University Library.
- Technology used: PHP & MySQL, where the front-end PHP coding helped in retrieving the data from the library’s database
ACHIEVEMENTS & EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Achieved Honorable Student Achievement Award for the 8-months coop at CIBC, Toronto, 2017
JAVA Certified Specialist, Oracle – Received certification of Achievement Award in Java – NIIT, India, 2013
Presented papers on Mobile Number Portability and SWOT Analysis at National level events held at SNIST
Selected by the Technical Project Display event for the project of Cut Detection Wireless Network, 2012
Volunteer and Member, (NGO) – BlueCross Animal Welfare, one of India’s largest animal welfare organizations