Nursing Unit Clerk - Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
Chicago, IL 60629
To obtain a position where I can be an asset to the workplace, gain extensive knowledge and experience and to fulfill the expectations on the job. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Nursing Unit Clerk
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
November 2016 to Present
• Answer telephones, direct calls to relevant staff and take messages.
• Take and record patient transfer and discharge information and respond to intercom request.
• Ensure patients' medical records are accurate, secure and updated.
• Manage administrative needs at nursing stations, and act as a liaison between nurses, physicians, and patients by relaying important information.
• Request and coordinate lab tests for patients.
• Acquire and maintain unit supplies inventory, and ensures that unit equipment is in appropriate working order and is maintained periodically.
Patient Care Associate/Unit Secretary
Advocate Christ Hospital
October 2012 to October 2016
Progressive Step-Down Unit)
Patient Care Information Associate
Adult Surgical Heart Unit
August 2010 to October 2012
Patient Care Associate
August 2009 to August 2010
Provided general patient care duties specific to the patient population served as directed by the RN; participated in the admission, transfer, and discharge process of all patients under the supervision of the RN or designee; performed tasks related to meeting the nutritional needs of the patient; and contributed to the patient plan of care through the documentation or communication of patient needs and outcomes to the health care provider as appropriate. Education
Associate in Applied Science in Information Technology Northwestern College
Certified Nursing Assistant
Health Restoration Academy
CPR (Less than 1 year), CPT (Less than 1 year), DETAIL-ORIENTED (Less than 1 year), EPIC (Less than 1 year), EXCEL (Less than 1 year)
• Certified Nursing Assistant
• American Heart Association CPR
• Knowledge of the Epic, Allegra and Care connection system.
• Basic knowledge of 3M coder, CPT, and HCPCS
• Skills in Microsoft word, Power Point, and Excel
• Knowledge in Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Pathophysiology
• Organized and detail-oriented.