AMRITPAL KAUR BIRDI
• Working knowledge and experience with circuit and layout simulation and analysis, high speed and RF design concepts.
• Proficient at Cadence Orcad and Altium PCB Design tools.
• Skilled at problem-solving related to the design, fabrication, and assembly.
• Hands on experience with schematic simulation tools OrCAD, TINA.
• Able to understand and apply best practices to minimize EMI/RFI and ESD issues.
• Knowledge of modern SMT packaging, High Pin Count BGA, etc. with a thorough understanding of the PCB fabrication process.
• Good Troubleshooting and soldering skills with high pin count packages.
• Good understanding of I2C, SPI, RS485 communication protocols. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ESP SAFETY INC, CA, USA (R & D ELECTRICAL ENGINEER): FEB 2016-PRESENT
• Developed and submitted schematics and layouts for multi-layer PCBs for Flame detectors using Altium tools techniques.
• Maintained system documentation of entire PCB layout and fabrication.
• Documented entire PCB layout and fabrication on system.
• Coordinated with supplier, manufacturers and customers associated with layout process.
• Maintained process procedures and work instructions for all printed circuit board assembly operations.
• Performed root-cause analysis on failed product.
• Supported the team in product certification process with certification labs UL and FM.
• Arranged NPI project meetings, develop agendas and assist with presentation development
• Designed Test fixtures to perform functional test of different projects.
• Programed Tester board in C to run functional for product boards. SPIRE MANUFACTURING, CA, USA (ELECTRICAL/APPLICATION ENGINEER): OCT 2013-FEB 2016
• Captured schematics and layout for probe cards and Final test boards using OrCAD.
• Maintained and updated symbol and footprint libraries for schematic and PCB design tools.
• Generated PCB templates in mechanical CAD software SolidWorks.
• Implemented layout process in coordination with manufacturers suppliers and customers.
• Played Leadership role in coordinating internal teams and external vendors in different geographical locations
(engineering, fabrication, Sales and testing).
• Planned cost reduction strategies in coordination with PCB design team.
• Closely worked with the design team on component layout and PCB design optimization BHUTTA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, INDIA (LAB INSTRUCTOR) FEB 2006–JAN 2010
• Set up Lab equipment’s to perform lab experiments
• Supervised group projects, laboratory work and teaching assistants LAB EQUIPMENT: Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, HP8920 Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer (S parameters), OrCAD PCB Editor, RF circuit simulation software (Serenade SV85), AutoCAD, Altium PCB software, MatLab, MS Office (2007),Quarts-11 wave analyzer, Lab View, C programming, SolidWorks, Excel, Cisco switches and routers. EDUCATION
BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BC, CANADA MAY 2012 Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, JALANDHAR, INDIA MAY 2005 Bachelors of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS
IR FLAME DETECTOR JULY 2017
• Redesigned Infrared Flame detector to add HART communication features
• Redesigned IR MSP430 controller design by replacing with Hercules controller TESTERS SEPT 2016
• Designed Controller tester to test hardware functioning of controller board
• Designed Power supply tester to check all supply limits on supply board DUAL SITE RF LOAD BOARD FEB 2014
• Made identical placement of two sites to match site to site trace lengths
• Placed & routed SMA connectors on both sides to get 50 ohm controlled impedance BGA & PARAMETRIC SOCKET BOARDS APRIL 2014
• Designed 400μm pitch socket footprints
• Routed tight pitch BGA and parametric pad patterns with equal trace length for all signals ACADEMIC PROJECTS
MATCHING NETWORKS AND FILTERS FOR RF TRANSMISSION LINE APRIL 2012
• Designed L, T, PI matching networks for a RF transmission line
• Measured impedance using Spectrum Analyzer and S parameters using Network Analyzer.