Plainsboro, NJ 08536
-Around 23 years of IT experience managing multiple Mainframe/distributed applications involving requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and enhancements.
-Very good management skills in managing multiple projects, offshore/onshore resource management, and good leadership capabilities.
-Expertise in estimating the projects, planning, coordination, budgeting, manage the scope, time, cost and quality effectively for large scale IT operations & initiatives.
-Expertise in both Agile and Waterfall project managements. Strong analytical & Leadership capabilities.
-Microsoft Certified Professional in Developing and implementing Web Applications with Visual Basic .NET and Visual Studio.
-Experience on web-based applications using VB.Net, SQL Server 2005, ADO.NET.
-Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with project sponsors, stakeholders, vendors, development team, quality assurance team and others.
-Microsoft certified VB .Net Professional
-Planning to take certification for the below during early March’2018.
Certified Scrum Master
Certified Product Owner
04/2011 till date
Employer: United Healthcare, NJ
Position: Delivery Manager
Responsible for multiple Maintenance/Enhancement projects for the critical components of the claim adjudication engines.
-Supporting multiple Agile/waterfall projects involving the analysis and design of all the changes based on the CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid services) requirements with respect to the claims processing.
-One of the major projects just implemented is the Pharmacy Coupon project. Responsibilities include coding / testing /implementing the project which aims at the correct accumulator processing based on the coupon submitted along with the claims. This project was handled as an Agile project with multiple program increments/Sprints. The total savings for the company was more than $80M.
-For other projects, took overall responsibility including the analysis, code changes, system testing, Integration testing and implementation of the ICD10 and 5010 changes for the Claims systems. Managed a large group of offshore developers, Schedule management, and coordination with the other systems.
- Cobol, DB2, VB .Net, ADO .Net, MQ Series, VSAM, QMF, JCL. Quality Center, ALM, Rally
- Expediter, SPUFI, ENDEVOR.
10/2010 till 03/2011
Client: TD Bank, Toronto, Canada.
The project includes componentization, re-platforming, service enablement, clean and shine, unit testing, system testing, Integration Testing and UAT. Responsible for managing a team of 40 offshore resources doing the analysis of the existing code, design the new components and business services, service enable the different services, re-platforming of the programs, unit testing, system testing, User acceptance testing and implementation.
- Cobol, DB2, MQ Series, IMS, VSAM, QMF, JCL.
- Expediter, SPUFI, Freezeframe, ClearQuest, ENDEVOR, MS Projects.
04/2010 – 09/2010
Took the overall responsibility to decommission around 200 legacy Wyeth applications after the legal merger, and unit testing, system testing and integration testing of the new application. This includes applications from different regions viz. Asia Pacific, Europe and America applications. OPTIM was used to design and develop an archiving solution to provide access to the data using standard reporting tools used by the client. Responsibilities include:
-Requirement analysis, detailed design of the applications, build, test and implement the applications.
-Design the Change Management procedure to decommission the applications.
-Coordinate the offshore and onshore team members from all the regions to make the decommissioning successful
-Tracking the status, risks, issues, and the remedy to mitigate the risks/issues.
-Handle change requests.
-Time tracking and find alternate ways to cut down the project cost.
-Defect Tracking, Change Requests, Risk/Issues tracking using ClearQuest.
- Cobol, DB2, MQ Series, VSAM, QMF, JCL.
- Other utilities: Expediter, SPUFI, Freezeframe, ClearQuest, OPTIM, ENDEVOR, MS Projects, Quality Control
01/2008 – 03/2010
Position: Technical Team Lead
Client: Highmark, Pittsburgh. (Legacy Modernization)
Worked as a Technical Team Lead for the Consumer ID project, migrating the placeholder data from the IMS database to DB2 repository, creating several Bluedevel components for claims access, Ancillary process changes to include the new DB2 tables, unit testing, system testing, Integration Testing and implementation. Also the legacy code was changed to provide SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) capability.
- Requirement Analysis, detailed design of the Consumer ID project, coding, unit testing, integration testing and implementation of the Membership Modernization Project.
- Use the rational tool Reqpro to store and track the requirements.
- Analyze the existing system, propose the changes required, and complete the detailed design as per the clients design standards.
- Change the existing legacy code to provide SOA support.
- Handle change requests:
- Tracking the status, risks, issues, and the remedy to mitigate the risks/issues.
- Performance Tuning using Freezeframe.
- Defect Tracking, Change Requests, Risk/Issues tracking using ClearQuest.
- Cobol, DB2, MQ Series, VSAM, JCL, File Aid, File Aid, CICS, DB2, IMS, QMF, Bluedevel.
- Other utilities: Expediter, SPUFI, Freezeframe, ClearQuest, Reqpro, Quality Center, SUBX, ENDEVOR, MS Projects.
01/2007 – 12/2007
Position: Onsite Technical Lead
Client: BCBSM, Michigan.
Worked on the Health & Life Sciences system and took full responsibility for all the build activities of the External Interfaces system and the leftover design activities. Coordinated with the offshore team and actively involved in the planning, scheduling and resource management activities, unit testing, system testing, Integration Testing.
- Overall coordination with the offshore team.
- Took responsibility for the design, coding, testing and delivery of the External Interfaces system.
- Managed the offshore resources by doing the resource planning and effective cost control.
-Managed the onsite resources by delegating the responsibilities and effective leadership.
-Performance Tuning using Freezeframe.
- Cobol, DB2, IMS DC, MQ Series, VSAM, JCL, QMF, BMC/ARC, SAS, File Aid, File Aid DB2, ENDEVOR, Quality Control.
- Other utilities: Expediter, SPUFI, XML Parser, Freezeframe, Quality Center, SUBX Testing.
08/2006 – 12/2006
Client: UPS, PARAMUS, NJ.
Responsible for design, development, testing, and implementation of the Freight systems for the Quantum View Management Interface project. Designed the database to store the freight data and the new application created to access the data from the MQ queues and update the database, unit testing, system testing and integration testing.
- Cobol, CICS, DB2 Stored Procedure, MQ Series, QMF, Expediter, ENDEVOR.
12/1999 – 07/2006 SAKS FIFTH AVENUE, New Jersey.
Position: Senior Programmer Analyst.
Responsible for a major Conversion Project that includes requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of a Common System, design, development and maintenance of STOCK LEDGER SYSTEM and FREIGHT & ALTERATION SYSTEMS. Provided 24/7 on call production support for all the stock ledger and company structure systems.
- IBM Mainframe, CICS, DB2, Cobol, MQ Series, VSAM, JCL, FOCUS, SAS, QMF, Expediter, Intertest, SPUFI, ENDEVOR.
01/2005 – 03/2006 SAKS FIFTH AVENUE, New Jersey.
Position: Senior Programmer Analyst
Responsible for the conversion project from Mainframe to client server with front end screens developed using VB.Net and SQL Server as the back end.
- Converting the data over to SQL Server from DB2 database.
- Took responsibility for the design, coding, testing and delivery of the front end screens using VB.Net. Used ADO.Net to connect to the SQL Server from VB.Net application.
- VB.Net, SQL Server 2005, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Cobol, QMF, DB2.
12/1998 – 11/1999 DATA PROCESSING RESOURCES CORPORATION, IOWA
Position: Technical Consultant.
Client: Saks Incorporated, NJ
Responsible for the development and maintenance of STOCK LEDGER SYSTEM, FREIGHT & ALTERATION SYSTEMS.
IBM Mainframe, COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, FOCUS, EXPEDITER, ROSCOE, LIBRARIAN
YOUNKERS - SAKS INC, IOWA:
Position: Technical Consultant.
Responsible for the analysis of all the programs in the class inventory system, modification of the programs to accommodate the expanded version of the key fields, create new jobs for all the divisions of the retail shops and to unit test the programs.
IBM Mainframe, COBOL, IMS, VSAM, JCL, FOCUS, EXPEDITER, PANVALET, LIBRARIAN
05/1998 – 09/1998 GAMACON INC / FARM BUREAU INSURANCE, IOWA
Position: Technical Consultant.
Responsible for the Y2K changes in the Commission and the Human Resource Management System. Both online and batch programs were analyzed and tested. The work comprised of analyzing the code, making the code
IBM Mainframe, COBOL II, CICS, VSAM, JCL, HYPERSTATION, SMARTTEST, ENDEVOR
02/1995 – 02/1998 SOFTWARE INDIA
Responsible for developing the Sales Order Processing System and the Y2K conversion project.
- IBM Mainframe, COBOL II, DB2, CICS, VSAM, JCL, COBOL ANALYST 2000
Training: Cognos Report Net 8.0, Powerplay.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Engineering.