Venkata Sai Raviteja Vankadara EIT
+1-281-***-**** http://www.linkedin.com/in/vvsraviteja Houston, Tx-77054 firstname.lastname@example.org SUMMARY
Skilled Professional with 3+ years of experience in design, product development, lean manufacturing, quality improvement, cost cutting and project management.
Masters in Mechanical Engineering UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON Houston, TX GPA 3.3/4.0 2017 Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering VIT UNIVERSITY Vellore, India GPA 3.7/4.0 2012 TECHNICAL SKILLS
SolidWorks, CREO 2, AutoCAD, Injection Mold design, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, DFMEA, MS office/ MS Project, MATLAB, SIMULINK, COMSOL, Python, SQL, DBMS, 5-Why, 8D, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, DFMEA, CAPA CERTIFICATIONS
Engineer in training (EIT) – Electrical and computer CSWA – Certified SolidWorks Associate in Mechanical Design Flow Assurance & Subsea Controls -University of Houston -Subsea Program PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Teaching Assistant- University of Houston, Houston, TX August 2017 - Present
• Taught over 150 students on engineering design on Solidworks 3D CAD software.
• Implemented innovative teaching methods to improve understanding on 3D Part modeling, 2D drafting, GD&T, Bill of Materials (BOM) and achieved 60% improvement in student performance. Vasantha Tool Crafts Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad, India
Project Engineer November 2014 – January 2016
• Managed mold manufacturing process and testing by tracking the progress of projects and communicate via timeline system to customers ensuring the product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Undertook the responsibility to determine the optimum operational values of the mold based on cycle time using DOE.
• Created work instruction document (SOP) for shop floor workstations to reduce heavy labor turnover.
• Led CNC Milling line and CNC Sparking EDM line by interacting with operators to conduct quality checks daily on lots.
• Implemented electroplating process for cavity core components and conducted quality checks to understand bottlenecks
• Responsible for validating the quality assurance team reports generated with CMMs on finished parts on CP and CPK values
• Trained the new employees for design and 3D modeling operations and help them increase process knowledge.
• Responsible for identifying the major quality problems in the process, by incorporating pareto analysis to focus on fall outs
• Corrective action (CA) on root cause was implemented where it is identified by conducting detailed process walk, which improved throughput yield from 70% to 88%.
• Participated and Led in cross functional team kaizen for 5S, problem solving and standard work. Design Engineer May 2012 – October 2014
• Designed injection molds using Solidworks and Creo2 ensuring tolerances, BOM and manufacturing processes; Integrated work flow, to achieve reduced change requests and improvement of 40% in overall product development time.
• Headed the project design team to meet customer requirements by coordinating with designers and production personnel to implement innovative manufacturing processes resulting in improved mold design and maximizing product quality.
• Researched new design proposals, made recommendation to the management and implemented Design for Manufacturing and Assembly(DFMA) resulting in ease of manufacturability and reduced assembly time.
• Proficient with GD&T documentation, Tolerance analysis resulting in production of precision technical plans, blue prints, drawings, models and ensuring adherence to project deadlines.
• Improved the processes resulting in reducing the material flow by 20% by redesigning the shop floor using AutoCAD ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Design of Subsea Production System Ensuring Flow Assurance UH, 2016
• Developed a subsea production layout using PIPESIM tool to calculate the optimum flow rate for early, mid and late life.
• Optimized the flow rate ensuring desired well head pressure by using gas lift of 5% for mid and late life. Solar Tracking System Using Shape Memory Alloy(SMA) UH, 2016
• Presented an innovative idea of solar tracking system using SMA of Nitinol (NI-TI) and designed the model using AutoCAD. Design of Superconducting Dipole Magnets Using COMSOL by Finite Method Analysis UH, 2017
• Designed dipole magnets using superconductors by optimizing geometry with cosine theta parametric sweep in COMSOL
• Obtained the magnetic and thermal analysis results using optimum boundary conditions Reduction of Steel Cutting Techniques using SPC and Quality Techniques UH, 2017
• Performed root cause analysis using DMAIC approach resulting in detection of improper displacement of steel rollers