Quality Assurance Analyst/Project Lead/Co-Lead
Hicksville, NY, 11801
Exceptionally focused and reliable Quality Analyst with an outstanding work ethic and computer language knowledge base. Adapt at explaining complex computer development concepts and processes to a variety of professional and lay audiences in a clear and accessible manner. Able to work well independently or as part of a professional computer program development team.
• Over 4 years of professional experience in Informational Technology (IT) with emphasis in Quality Assurance
(QA) and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and
• Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver (Functional & Regression Testing), QTP, TestNG, Junit, Jmeter, Jenkins, Rational Functional Tester, Hudson, Cucumber and SOAP UI Pro (Performance Testing) for testing Client Server and Web based Applications. Experience in designing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Planning and implementation of Test Suits.
• Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
• Good experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools
Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
• Expertise in developing, estimating, documenting and executing test cases manually and generating automated scripts using Selenium IDE, RC and WebDriver.
• Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
• Expertise in preparing Test Plans, developing, reviewing and executing Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Functional Requirements, Business Requirements and Use Case Documents.
• Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Experience in Oracle database administration and good understanding of Data warehousing concepts and testing Web Services using SOAP UI.
• Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
• Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using
Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
• Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
• Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java and Ruby for test case automation.
• Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
• Extensive familiarity with PL/SQL Oracle and MySQL database management
• Good oral and written communication abilities
• Education: Master's in Computer Science from Wayne State University, MI (GPA 3.66)
Bachelors in Information Technology from Punjab Technical University, India
Quality Assurance Analyst/Project Lead/Co-Lead
State of Minnesota, Department of Human Services - 2016-06 - 2017-07
MN sure (Minnesota health insurance exchange / marketplace) project is for residents of State of Minnesota providing access to the state exchange thereby determining their eligibility for Medicaid and state based social programs based on their Income and family size. This project is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a modern system for eligibility, enrollment and case management to meet the needs of the state of Minnesota's Medicaid and Child Care recipients.
• Working on CURAM (Insurance Choice Application) to validate eligibility based on number of HH and FPL
• Working as a QA project Lead/Co-Lead/Tester on numerous projects for different levels of development in MMIS Premium, CURAM upgrade, Passive Renewals, Periodic data matching cases and related batches, MMIS Interface, MMIS Premium, Change in Circumstance functionality and eligibility notices, FPL-2017 and Defects.
• Creating Test Plans, Test Cases to depict the flow of Enrollment and Eligibility.
• Creating scenarios based on requirements and responsible for developing test cases, test execution, defect life cycle and test effort reporting.
• Validating data at the Backend to ensure that all the Enrollment related data has been loaded to the corresponding Data Sets in the Backend as per the requirement.
• Performing end to end testing for the whole project and logged Issues in JIRA.
• Used JIRA to record, track and update issues. Perform real time reporting and backlogging using JIRA while performing testing.
• Approved business requirements for the projects as a project Lead or project Co-Lead
• Performed testing on Production Defects while using JIRA to track and report the issue with results in 'Defects' project.
• Performed automation testing using tools like Rational Functional Tester.
• Created and edited test scripts using Rational Functional Tester in simplest manner.
• Using IBM Rational Clear quest for logging Change Requests.
• Executing Regression cases using in-house Automation script that use Selenium with C# & Visual studio.
• Attending weekly defect report meetings and presented progress reports to senior management.
• Escalating defects to programmers/developers to resolve the issue.
• Reviewing requirements and developed QA Test Plan to ensure sufficient and effective testing effort.
• Involved in writing SQL Queries for retrieving data while performing data integration testing
• Used SQL queries to create new, and modify existing SQL queries for use in the testing of the data warehouse application's ETL process.
• Performing MMIS testing to validate the data flow and data integrity from METS to MMIS.
• Performing black box testing with most emphasis on Smoke testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and System testing.
• Successfully completed and honored for the project "The MinnesotaCare Premiums" (Transition to MMIS), which became finalist for a MNIT Annual Award in the category of Project of the Year.
• Worked Closely with Project Managers, developers, project team and QA leads.
• Assisted BA's to analyze defects, test results and also help them performing UAT.
• Environment: CURAM, JIRA, SharePoint, STST1, STST2, SoapUI, Clear Quest, Toad.
Automation Quality Analyst
Experian - 2016-02 - 2016-05
Working on project Corvette. Specifically on API's, backend and frontend testing using python with selenium on robot framework.
• Developing Java Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts and test frameworks using TestNG/Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools. Working in Data Driven Framework to maintain Test Suites in Selenium.
• Extensively working on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC, in Waterfall, TDD, BDD and
Agile project environment.
• Creating automation script from scratch implementing knowledge in developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
• Documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
• Working with Python
• Experience with SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
• Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing UAT, Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing and Boundary Value Testing.
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY - 2015-05 - 2015-12
India - Assistant Professor
Rayat Bahra group of Institutes - 2013-02 - 2014-11
Worked as a professor in Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology Department. Responsibilities:
• Prepared & delivered lectures, mentoring and training sessions, conducting tutorials and laboratory sessions.
• Mentored and taught students to test various software projects assigned by the local industry, by teaching them testing software's, frameworks, techniques and methods.
• Strong in analyzing and understanding Business specifications, testing requirements and developing detailed
Test plans, Test cases, Test scripts, test Scenarios and Traceability Matrix.
• Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Requirement, Design and Analysis, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support phase.
• Collaborated with technology instruction manager to plan training sessions.
• In depth knowledge of software QA methodologies and strategies, like Waterfall, Agile Scrum, RUP, Prototype
• Designed Object Oriented Programming training programs
• Managed Personality Development and communication skills program.
• Worked with students to manage various projects assigned by the local industry.
• Prepared and evaluated assignments, examinations and advising students on academic and related matters.
• Taught following courses:
Object Oriented Programming, Basic Concepts of C++, Business Enterprise Application, Computer Science and Applications, Data Structures & Programming Methodology, Software Engineering, Human Resource Management, etc.
• Certified course of C++ at NIIT
• Certified course of VB.NET at NIIT
• Certified course of C# .NET at NIIT
• Certified course of ASP.NET
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COMPUTER SKILLS
Python, Selenium, Java, Java script, CSM, C++, VB.net, C#.net, ASP.net, HTML, CSS, SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Hadoop, Linux/Unix commands, Eclipse, Java-based MVC Frameworks