T oni Lea Smith
E-mail: t firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished talent management professional with extensive organizational
development experience. Consistently r ecognized for outstanding communication and
motivational skills and sought out by operations and corporate personnel as a
f acilitator and coach.
• Designed and implemented a legally defensible internal investigations program.
• Created and implemented a purchasing program to meet federal regulations and
• Developed and delivered numerous hard- and soft-skill t raining programs and
management-strategy pilot programs.
• Designed and implemented a comprehensive reward & recognition program for field
• Independent t raining consultant for BP Exploration Alaska, t raining over 300
technical, engineering, and professional staff employees.
• Redesigned DOT drug and alcohol compliance criteria and reporting program to ensure
• Researched and re-authored numerous safety procedures and t raining materials to
b ring safety program into compliance.
• H ighly refined interpersonal & negotiating skills, extremely effective interfacing at all
• Superior wri t ten and oral communication abilities with considerable experience in
p roviding published materials and public presentations for a wide variety of Management
• Broad HR, Safety, Project Management and regulatory compliance knowledge.
• Very effective at developing talent management systems for continuous improvement.
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, August,
1992. Double Major: Human Services and Communications.
Graduate Studies in Adult Education, H R Management, and Organizational
D evelopment G raduate courses and research in learning styles, human behavior, leadership
and Human Resource management.
Relevant Professional Experience
M embership Development, 2012 to Present, T imber P roducts Manufacturers
Association, Spokane, WA
Provide membership and organizational development. Provide t raining and education to
d iverse groups on technical, regulatory, safety and leadership topics. Retain and recruit
members for the association. Prepare proposals and negotiate contracts. Perform fundraising
and sales of association services in the target population. Develop and implement programs for
association convention and board events. Develop curricula to meet grant requirements.
T raining and Education Advisor, 2007 to 2010, U.S. Air Force, Lackland AFB, TX
Audit unit records for compliance. Advise leadership and members on t raining and education
requirements and options. Provide command and member briefings and status reports.
Development Manager, 2007 to 2010, T esoro, San Antonio, TX
Provide talent management and organizational development services for the Logistics
organization across 10 states. Review and assess personnel development, succession planning,
regulatory compliance, operational and maintenance t raining needs. Identify coaching needs
and develop metrics to evaluate and t rack effectiveness of programs. Ensure compliance with
m ultiple regulatory programs.
Toni Lea Smith
Implementation Manager, 2007, T XU (Through Hewit t Associates), Dallas, TX
Manage t raining implementation projects. Act as liaison between Client (TXU) and vendors.
Design and deliver ILT, CBT, and remote New Hi re Orientations. Facilitate DDI and Hewit t-
designed courses for all levels of employees. Evaluate new instructional media and make
recommendations for client purchase and implementation. Lead organization in process re-
engineering and organizational change.
Performance Consultant, 2006 to 2007, H alliburton Energy Services, Fort Worth, TX
Work with business units to build high performance teams. Develop coursework to meet client
needs. Determine and deliver inst ructional media appropriate to learning strategies. Employ
creative approaches to program design course enrichment. Direct the efforts of t raining project
teams from inception to completion.
I nternational H R Manager, 2005 to 2006, D ynCorp I nternational, L LC, Fort Worth, TX
Develop and administer HR strategies and policies covering t raining, employee relations,
benefits and EEO/affi rmative action programs. Identify legal and government reporting
requirements. Implement succession planning processes. Assist in identifying high potential
candidates. Recruit, interview and select employees to fill vacancies. Administer performance
review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity. Investigate employee
relations issues to include Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and “Hotline” issues.
W ireless Facilities I ncorporated, (formerly H igh Technology Solutions), 2003 to 2005,
P rogram Development Manager, Purchasing, San Diego, CA
Develop a purchasing program to ensure positive outcome of Defense Contract Management
Agency (DCMA) inspection. Ensure procedures and documentation comply with appropriate
federal regulations. Design and deliver remote t raining for 120 personnel in six states.
A lyeska Pipeline Service Company, 1990 to 2002, Anchorage, AK
• Change Management/Organizational Development. 1997 to 2002
Analyze, develop and define Work Management processes. Co-author and implement
company-wide Pilot Programs. Prepare executive summaries and presentations. At tend
E xecutive Board strategy meetings as subject matter expert. Competitively selected to
a ttend executive leadership skills development. Recognized by supervisor as consistently
researching and presenting effective solutions.
• H R/Quality T rainer. (Through Chugach North Technical Services) 1994 to 1997
Accomplish needs assessments. Develop instructional strategies and deliver company-wide
t raining to technical and professional personnel. Develop performance measures and
• Teamwork Development Process T rainer. 1994
Plan, teach and facilitate Teamwork Development modules on topics such as Diversity,
E ffective Meetings, Active L istening, Problem Solving and Conflict Management.
• Group Benefits, lead position . 1991 to 1994
Administer Group and Defined Benefits Plans for 1200+ employees.
M ilita ry Service
U.S. Air Force Reserve, 2007 to Present, Training & Education Specialist.
U .S. Navy Reserve, 1997 to 2007, Legalman.
U.S. Air Force, Honorably Discharged, 1984 to 1988, Medical Administrative Specialist.
T echnical Knowledge/Skills:
M icrosoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft; work management and scheduling software such as I NDUS
PassPort and MS Project: Outlook; SAP; Snag-I t. Legal and medical terminology.
• Member, Project Management Institute
• Society for Human Resource Management/Institute for In ternational Human Resources
P reviously held PHR certification
• SHRM Generalist Certificate
• Certificate in In ternal Investigations (2006)
• DDI Certified Facilitator (2007)