• Number of hours per week: 40 hours per week
• Daily Work Schedule: Mon to Fri 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
• Supervise 4 employees: Bioinformatics Scientist, Bioinformatics Engineer, Software Design Engineer, and DevOps Engineer
•Must demonstrate extensive experience and understanding of cancer biology, next generation sequencing, algorithms for the analysis of NGS datasets, and software engineering to effectively communicate with peers on the team
•Troubleshooting technical issues with the design, development and performance of NGS based assays requiring an understanding of both wet bench and dry bench processes
•Provide a strategic technical leadership direction for bioinformatics and data analysis activities including the development of a Pharma report providing accurate HLA, TMB, MSI, neoantigen prediction, mutational subtype, somatic profile, inherited risk, cancer drug metabolism, and similar analysis types for Pharma clients
•Lead the research, development, design, and implementation of methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for the Pharma services team and clients
•Develop and manage collaborations with services vendors to enhance our informatics capabilities while remaining cost-effective
•Manage the collaboration and interaction with the Pharma services team to identify and resolve questions and issues regarding data analysis, experiments, and assay design
•Develop and code software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources
•Lead efforts to identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to the Pharma team and clients
•Participate in the design of processes and implementation of data analysis improvements to establish best-in-practice operations
•Understand and address the informatics needs of Pharma clients
•Supervise a multidisciplinary team of Bioinformatics Scientists, Bioinformatics Engineers, Software Design Engineers, DevOps Engineers
•Recruit, develop, motivate and retain top talent capable of developing and delivering sophisticated technical products, concepts, and strategies
10 years of experience as a Director of Bioinformatics, Senior Manager Bioinformatics, Manager Sequencing Production Bioinformatics, Manager of Engineering, or VP Product Development
Experience to include 10 years of experience in:
• Leadership managing teams of Bioinformaticians, Bioinformatics Scientists, Software Engineers or Bioinformatics Specialists in both research and commercial environments
• Leading the design and implementation of production scale next generation sequencing analysis pipelines.
• Architecting and implementing software solutions for high performance computing, clusters, cloud computing, and distributed computing environments.
• Understanding of cancer research, next generation sequencing, NGS data analysis & analysis of large NGS cohort data sets and software engineering sufficient to communicate with peers in these fields.
• Experience with two or more NGS sequencing platforms including (Illumina, Ion Torrent, PacBio single-molecule sequencing etc.)
• Experience with at least the following sequencing types for both germline and oncology applications: WGS DNA-Seq, Exome DNA-Seq, and RNA-Seq
• Software Engineering in a Unix/Linux environment
• Proficiency with multiple programming languages including Python, Java, C, C++, Perl, and R, and scripting languages such as Java, Perl, R and Python
• Analysis and contributor level expertise in one or more large next generation sequencing cohort data sets (TCGA, ICGC, or 1000G data sets)
• Applying biostatistical approaches to NGS data interpretation
• Different methods of data generation and quality control
Experience to include, 5 years of experience in:
• Clinical lab assay development and regulation (CLIA, CAP, FDA, CFR21, etc.)
• Working in both Commercial and Research environments
• Bridge the domains of cancer research, pharmaceutical development, wet bench next-generation sequencing, and software engineering providing leadership and clarity of communication to support a multidisciplinary team.
Bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Telecommunications Engineering or a closely-related subject matter.
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #503171 in the subject line.