Eden Foods – Clinton, Michigan (Lenawee County) seeks territorial sales managers in the USA and Canada. Relationships and merchandising are the focus. Travel required. Knowledge of natural foods and professional experience a must. Good work, good people, good food, good benefits.
Eden Sales Department
Position: Regional/Territory Sales Manager
Reports to: National Sales Manager
A regional/territory business manager’s responsibility is to cultivate relationships, educate retailers and distributors, acquire distribution and merchandising, working in concert with Sales, Marketing, and Purchasing Departments. Furthering availability the 50-year natural food brand Eden.
Five Steps of Sales – Open Qualify Present Close Service
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, articulate, and carryout a strategic plan and tactics to nurture business relationships, product knowledge, and merchandising.
2. Manage business consistent with Eden Terms of Sale and Incentive Agreement system
3. Learn Eden’s personnel and business systems to be able to utilize them
4. Stay abreast of status and changes of industry distribution channels
5. Utilize and manage brokers, distributors, and Eden staff to accomplish what is needed
6. Coordinate sales efforts as needed with distributor and retailers
7. Communicate timely, appropriately, and efficiently with Eden staff
8. Align work with Eden sales and marketing needs and efforts
9. Communicate Company messages consistent with Eden’s strategy, needs, and Terms of Sale
10. Generate and qualify prospects to identify new business, enhanced merchandising, and increased distribution
11. Develop relationships and maintain communication with brokers, distributors, and customers at retail up through corporate Headquarters
12. Provide brokers, distributors, and retailers in the territory with measurable goals
13. Consistently update and maintain accurate Company databases and pertinent business information.
14. Disciplined use of SalesforceCRM software on home, mobile, and head office devices
15. Oversee proper use of Edenbrand intellectual property rights
16. Participate in on-going budgets and projections
17. Provide a pertinent weekly report
1. Food industry experience
2. Ability to reliably communicate in a straightforward and forthright manner
3. Ability to build healthy relationships with brokers, distributors, and retailers at all levels
4. Education sufficient to perform assigned duties accurately and professionally
5. Sound written, verbal, and computer skills
6. Organizational skills
7. Entrepreneurial willingness and initiative. and enthusiasm
8. Forward thinking
9. Reliable follow up and follow through
10. Must be able to travel independently the majority of of the time
11. Professional maintenance of high moral and ethical standards.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a complete explanation of duties. Employees are required to perform duties as assigned by their supervisor or management. Eden reserves the right to modify job duties and responsibilities as needed. Job descriptions do not constitute or imply an employment contract.