Assistant Plant Manager
Our client, a leading precision sheet metal fabricator located in the Western suburbs of Chicago, is growing and looking for an Assistant Plant Manager to join their team. The Assistant Plant Manager is a full-time role that includes salary and a full range of benefits, including the ability to share in their growth. This is a high-profile position reporting directly to the plant manager with regular meetings with the executive team including the CEO.
The Assistant Plant Manager’s primary focus is to manage all aspect of the sheet metal fabrication plant operations. This will cover productivity, safety compliance, production planning, maintenance, equipment operations, and personnel. Additionally, the Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, vendor negotiation, production optimization, inventory management, quality, and administration compliance, while collaborating in these areas with the Plant Manager and Facility Manager.
The Assistant Plant Manager position does include direct reports from different departments including Production Leads, and all hourly employees, and providing leadership and training for said reports.
• 4-8 plus years of relevant experience in plant operations or manufacturing in the precision sheet metal fabrication industry (a strong plus) with proven track record of success.
• Exposure to World Class manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM / LEAN).
• Strong continuous improvement experience
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
• Superior management skills including the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong knowledge of the MS Office