Maintenance Mechanic/Technician I, II, III - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts
$20 - $27 an hour
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment, machinery, and components, and performs skilled repair services of mechanical, electrical, and building systems and equipment. Levels II & III also conduct periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair ad identifies parts needed for replacement. He/she also plans, organizes and supervises the work of subordinates as required. All Mechanics are expected to complete all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Note: While we appreciate and thank you in advance for your time and effort in applying for this position, due to a high demand expected, we will be only contacting those who have been shortlisted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
2. Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
3. Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
4. Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting preventative maintenance check-ups or reading charts and data)
5. Line manufacturing support systems (grinders, slicers, bone saws, packaging machines, labeling machines, etc.)
6. Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
7. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
8. Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
9. Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
10. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
11. Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
12. Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
13. Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
14. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
15. Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
16. Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
17. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
For all Maintenance Mechanics:
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred; Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training a plus
2. Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
4. Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate to high noise volume
5. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holiday.
6. Be able to effectively work in a team environment
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
For Maintenance Mechanics II and III:
1. Experience in a maintenance role or repairing equipment, preferably within a manufacturing facility, or meat processing industry
2. Experience repairing forklifts a plus
3. One or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
4. Experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment
5. Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time
We will provide onsite training to qualified candidates who are able and willing to learn in a fast paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $27.00 /hour
1. HVAC/utility repair: 2 years (Preferred)
2. packaging equipment repair: 3 years (Preferred)