ArmorTech Security is seeking qualified and licensed Armed Security Officers to provide part-time coverage in La Jolla, CA. This position requires a combination of customer service with an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset. You must have a friendly attitude, exquisite hygiene, and a professional demeanor to join our team. Great customer service skills and effective listening and communication is a must for all of our officers.
IMPORTANT: Due to the complications presented with COVID-19, all security and staff are required by law to have adequate facial coverings while on duty. As new mandates and adjustments are made, the security officer must be flexible and patient to adapt as needed.
The duties and responsibilities of this position require the following:
· Prepare timecard reports.
· Patrolling facility grounds while maintaining a heightened state of awareness; ensuring entry points (foot and vehicle) are secured and free from any criminal or high-risk activities.
· Maintain a clean and hygienic workspace.
· Assist clients, staff, and guests as needed.
· Assist clients in direction with traffic as needed.
To be considered, you must meet these minimum qualifications:
· Be able to provide your own firearm and duty gear.
· Be capable of wearing an N95 respirator (dual filter style) or providing your own.
· Have a valid guard and firearm license with the Bureau of Security and Investigations (BSIS.CA.GOV)
· Be at least 21 years of age or older and capable of legally working in the United States
· Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate effectively with employees and/or other customers.
· Must have your own vehicle or a means of transportation that will not negatively interfere with arriving at the site on-time. Public transportation is not highly regarded but can be considered with the right candidate.
· For prior military, you must have a copy of your DD214.
· Previous security, military, or law enforcement experience is preferred but not required.
· Excellent attitude with high degrees of emotional intelligence.